Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ChAos & PAIN

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

55kg x 1 pr
    60kg x 1 pr

Savage lifting

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sea The Starz

JJayoo wrote: »
    Savage lifting

Thanks but it's not really. Most people probably just don't do chins for singles, if they did they'd destroy me. Also chins are my fav exercise, for me they're the ultimate rage exercise. Unlike other exercises where you have to concentrate on form with chins you just grip the bar and pull.

I tried the hamstring sliders using the biscuit tin lid you suggested. I only had 1 lid so had to do a single leg ones........felt like hamstings were about to explode...loved it.

Is this the way you're doing them?

No I haven't tried them with lunges yet, but I will. I'm using them for hamstring curls. They really blast your hamstrings, which is good coz I find it hard to target them with a barbell without the lower back coming into play. They're demonstrated at 5.20 in the video below. He makes them look so easy

Sunday

Heel elevated pistols

6x2 per leg.

Back Squat

90kg 3x5 (no pause, hi bar, just about parallel)

Rack Pull

140kg 3x3 (just below the knee)

RDL

60kg 2x15

Wall Squat

30kg 2x1min(in dog years)

KB Swings x50

Tuesday

Bench Press

85kg 12x2 paused

Dips

bw 3x15

Farmers

3 rounds

Facepulls

3x15

Lower back sore from Sunday, might try heavy (for me) squat partials for the craic next week. Bench was tough but happy as only managed 5 sets of doubles at this weight last month. First time ever doing rack pulls I like them but my back doesn't.

"When life gives you lemons, you throw them in it's smug face and take matters into your own hands"

• Advertisement

Wednesday

Can't remember half of the workouts so not gonna bother put it my normal beautifully clear and concise format

Pull Ups 5x8
    Chin Ups 6x8
    DB Rows - can't remember
    Curls - ditto

Thursday

Pistols 7/8 x2-3 per leg
    RDL 60kg 2x15
    Wall Squat 30kg 2mins
    Rollouts - ruining my life
    kb swings x50

Monday

Dips 35kg 6x4
    Bench 70kg 5x5
    Farmers 3 rounds
    Shoulder and Upper back circuit

Had a cold for the last week.....I was injured, injured bad.

Tuesday

Weighted Chins

40kg 5x3

Rollouts

3x3 band assisted but still crap

Wide Grip Pull Ups

BW 10,9,8

DB Rows

36kg 2x10

Wednesday

Pistols

7 x2-3

Deadlifts

Dicked around with lightweights and tried sumo for the first time. No idea what constitutes good deadlift form so like a blind man at an orgy I'll have to feel my way around and get into a groove.

BB Squats

60kg 4x10 - still yet to be diagnosed with cerebral palsy but surely this is a symptom

RDL

60kg 2x15

1 arm KB Swings

50 reps alternating 5 per arm with no rest

All in all a piss poor week of training. Tail end of my cold, and as a result got into a cold sweat half way through my chins yesterday and thought I was gonna die. Was aiming for 10 sets...not gonna happen.

Gonna try 10x3, 12x2 and 15x1 on my chins, as it has been working so well for my bench. Once I get a 70kg chin I'll train for a one arm one.

Saturday

Bench

90kg 12x1 (rest 60sec or less)

Rollouts - partials

5x4

Dips

BW x20,20,12

Face Pulls

3X15

Wanted to do 15 sets on bench but was training with a friend and he was only doing 5 sets on the bench so didn't want to hog the barbell.

Sunday

Pull Ups - wide grip deadhang

50 reps (sets of 7)

Chin Ups - wide, narrow, neutral

50 reps (sets of 7)

DB Rows

36kg 2x10

Curls

30kg 2x8
    20kg x15

Had no motivation today, felt so flat, dunno why. Sucked it up and got through what I wanted to.

Your so fat you dip you deep fry your hands before biting your nails

Tuesday

Pistols

5X3 per leg

BB Squats

80kg 10x3

Sumo Deadlift

90kg 5x5

One Arm KB Swings x55

Time to cop on with squats and deadlifts..and actually do them.
    2nd time ever doing sumo deadlift so went light. Did a couple of pistols with just cons on which was happy with. Gonna do pistols every day greasing the groove.

Wednesday

Weighted Dips

40kg 5x4

Bench

70kg 5x5

Bradford Press - first and last time doing this

30kg 3x5

15 mins of facepulls, lateral raises and rear delt flyes with paperweight.

Starting work as a trainee accountant in Dublin, with lectures on weekends and weeknights aswell, which is a bitch but I won't let it get in the way of training, might **** up this log though.

This song is just great...pure poetry.

Friday

Weighted Chins
    37.5kg 7x3

BW Pullups
    3x10 deadhang

Partial Rollouts

DB Rows
    38.5kg 2x10

Curls

Saturday

Pistols
    4X4 per leg

Squats
    70kg 3x10

Sumo DL
    120kg 3x3

Farmers Walks x3

1 arm kb swings x60

Normally weighted chins I don't completely lock out at the bottom as i find i lose all tension in back, biceps and forearms and it puts a lot of pressure on my elbows but I want a 1 arm chin so I'm locking out completely at bottom from now on. I will die a happy man if I can get a full rollout by the end of the year. The place I'm starting work has a gym so might ask the trainers in their to help with squat and deadlift.

• Advertisement

Trained 4 times this week after being on the go for 17hours each day - needless to say training was a bucket of sh1te. Had a Heather Brooke marathon yesterday to cheer me up.

Will have to train in the mornings, which will mean 5am sessions in an icebox of a shed in winter....YEAH BUDDY.

On a side note, ignorant people who take up two seats on a bus, despite the fact that their seat is one of the last ones left and there is an influx of people getting on the bus, yet still lie across two seats and have to asked to move the fuck over, should be tied to the bus and dragged to their destination. These people generally seem to be foreigners and/or fat messes. We'd all like to have 2 seats u selfish ignorant dip****s. U take up 2 seats -I won't ask you excuse me -I will just take ur bag off the seat and throw it at you or throw it down the bus... just a heads up in case ur one of the scum who do this.

Haven't had time to piss recently, never mind log workouts. Will try post on the weekends I don't have lectures or If I reach a goal or If there's something I need to log about my workouts whether good/bad for future reference.

Goals
    1 arm chin
    Standing Rollout
    BW OH Press
    Squat/Deadlift on a par with 8 y/o Chinese girls
    Punch someone I dislike in the face

(Yep, your right I have no chance of achieving any of these in the near future)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

(Yep, your right I have no chance of achieving any of these in the near future)

Don't ever change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doug3932

Your posts are really motivating and informative. Keep posting.

Tuesday
    5am (the self righteousness was practically oozing out my ears for the rest of the day)Temp 1 degree

Jump Rope 10mins

Sumo DL 120kg 8x3

Squat 70kg 3x10

KB Swings

Wednesday
    9pm Temp 4 degrees

Chins 50kg 8x1 (2 sec hold at top and on negative)

Partial Rollouts 3x5

Pullups 10,7,9,8,8

DB Rows 38kg 2x10

Curls

Friday 10pm Temp -1 degree
    Dips 40kg 5x3

Bench 70kg 1x5, 1x3 (Triceps crushed from dips)

Chins 3x8

BTN press x lots

Side Raises x lots

Face Pulls + Pushups

Saturday
    Squats (heels on 1.25kg plates)

100kg 8x2

Sumo DL 100kg 5x5 (focusing on controlling the negative)

Pistols w/10kg 3x5 per leg

Shrugs

KB Swings

Training in the cold is nasty, I warm up quick but it's a bitch holding an icy bar coz it numbs your hands and you can't grip for ****.

I have more energy for the 5am sessions but less time so that's the trade off I have to make.

Thinking of getting a pre-workout to boost energy for evening sessions but looking at the ingredients of them I'm leaning towards cocaine as it's probably the healthiest and most natural

Anyone who has any tips for training in subzero temperatures/having energy after 16hr days let me know!

Still training away. Will hopefully get into a habit of logging again.

Got 100kg paused bench last week which was something I was after for a while.

Focusing on weighted paused dead hang chins (horrible) to help with 1 arm chin goal. I'm also trying to bulk a bit which won't aid my attempt.

Squat is much better, weighted pistols improving aswell.

The only thing that won't get with the program is rollouts. I've been training them consistently for well over a year and still can't get to full extension.

You have to listen to this band below, they are so ****ingbrutal you'll either PR or massacre everyone in the gym due to listening to them. Travesty their videos have so little views.

How anyone can enjoy listening to that sh1te is beyond me.

JJayoo wrote: »
    How anyone can enjoy listening to that sh1te is beyond me.

Different strokes for different folks. I'd say you probably have to be semi-psychotic to like them, so it's probably a good sign you don't.

It's been ages since I've logged mainly due to my workouts being so dull and monotonous and wreaking of weakness. The only reason I'm logging now is I'm looking to get fatter and want to track progess in terms of weight and strength.

My fat plan is as follows,

Chicken Wings (600g) - 1200 cals
    Cashew Nuts (200g) - 1200 cals
    Bananas x 3 - 300 cals
    Protein Shakes x 3 - 300 cals
    Dinner - (depends on the auld won) - 750-1000 cals
    Lidl Magnum Ice cream - 250cals
    Other supplements - probiotic, fish oils, vitamin d, zinc.

The above will differ at weekends but calorie intake should still be around the 4k mark. I don't even want the ice-cream it's the only thing I can eat by days end I'm so full - the sacrifices. Will start logging workouts beginning tomorrow

Saturday

Bench - 3 sec eccentric, 2 sec pause
    Bar x 10
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    95kg - 14x1, 1x2

Chins
    Bw 5x6

1 arm DB press
    36kg 3x4

Farmers walks