Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen engine

Options
  • 30-06-2013 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all. We had a 15hp four stroke yamaha engine stolen from corrib over week end. Any sightings pm me pls. Its a short shaft amh model. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Hi all. We had a 15hp four stroke yamaha engine stolen from corrib over week end. Any sightings pm me pls. Its a short shaft amh model. Thanks.

Dirty bastards as if times aren't tough enough for people already
    I really do hope you have some luck on this

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Coolhandspan, that's awful. Where did it go missing from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

keep an eye on donedeal and the likes but it was probably stolen to order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What mad child said its probably a long way from home now....sorry to hear...

I had a serious stroke of luck when there was engines stolen from the marina I kept my boat in a few years ago.
    They took 5 engines in all but left mine alone....and it would have been worth more than the engines they took.

What i cant undeerstand is why people leave engines on their boat jeepers lads come on in this day and age i would be weary of even leavin a boat on a lake nowadays.

• Advertisement

madchild wrote: »
    What i cant undeerstand is why people leave engines on their boat jeepers lads come on in this day and age i would be weary of even leavin a boat on a lake nowadays.

So would I
    I trailer my boat these days.
    Doesn't matter you can't own anything anymore.
    I know of a boat that was stolen from a locked garage at nighttime while the owner was in the house

So would I
    I trailer my boat these days.
    Doesn't matter you can't own anything anymore.
    I know of a boat that was stolen from a locked garage at nighttime while the owner was in the house

Ya know what lad that doesn,t even surprise me the country,s gone to ****e:mad: god be with the days when ya could leave the key in your door

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sorry to hear this. Any photos of the engine? Mate had a similar engine stolen from Corrib 2 weeks ago, white Dublin reg van seen in area around same time, and white van seen in Connemara 2 weeks ago when a few engines were taken, seems to be a gang stealing to order...

white vans jeez i see white vans everywhere i go its not much to go on is it?:pac:

There was a group of eastern Europeans stealing engines a few years back....they were caught the last time it happened in Athlone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

madchild wrote: »
    white vans jeez i see white vans everywhere i go its not much to go on is it?:pac:

Think they had a year and Dublin reg, I know its not much to go on but there wouldn't be too many 03 D or 02 D* white vans around the Corrib on a daily basis, at least its something to keep an eye out for.

*Sorry, can't remember what year was mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Sorry to hear that, i wonder if painting the cover a different colour would make it hard to sell. Father painted our evinrude white and its been ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Thanks for all reply's. boat was on private land with no access road. Must have been dragged into another boat.

Here is link to pictures thanks .

http://www.adverts.ie/fishing/stolen-engine-galway/3338465

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Dirty B@stards, will keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Thanks for all reply's. boat was on private land with no access road. Must have been dragged into another boat.

Here is link to pictures thanks .

http://www.adverts.ie/fishing/stolen-engine-galway/3338465
    ive posted this on our club facebook page, hope you get it back... and the scumbags die horribly

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Very sorry to hear about your engine, hope you get it back, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.
    People who are doing this know if caught they get a little telling off accompanied by free legal aid at huge expense to us, so really why would they stop?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They must be doing the rounds as there has been 10 :eek: taken in Dromineer

4 x Yamaha 15 hp 2 stroke
    3 x Yamaha 8 hp 4 stroke
    1 x Yamaha 6hp 4 stroke
    2 x Honda 8 hp 4 stroke

One of the Yamaha 8 hp 4 strokes no. 68T/13437/41 was a US spec model with a sticker from a marina in New Jersey.

Yamaha 8hp 4 stroke no.F8CMH 68T S 003084

Yamaha 6 hp 4 stroke no. F6A MH

Honda 8hp 4 stroke no.1303756

Yamaha 8hp standard shaft 4 stroke
    Serial number SN FH S 1002237
    Stamped in several places with personal number 19226

Any information to Garda Siochana Nenagh 067 50450

Fergal, its become a blight at this stage, the engines are too heavy to be putting off & on for many people. I was thinking one of those cameras from Matalan at £80 which takes pictures when movement is detected covertly hidden, or technology must nearly be here for a small transmitter that sends a text if its moved and can be tracked by GPS does anyone else have ideas?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Another idea that the Devon police are trying is to take off your cowling and bring that home then cover the engine with a bag.

outboardcover.jpg

Simple clever idea makes it difficult for them, it would make it difficult to sell on as everyone would be suspicious of one without the cover & unlike cars have no parts value it would then become more of a risk for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement