Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway.com reposts our Best of list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

This bit
    If you’re in Galway during July please visit my solo photography exhibition in Goyas cafe as part of The Galway Fringe Festival.
    at the end would seem to suggest that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ficheall wrote: »
    This bit

at the end would seem to suggest that he did.

That bit is also on his thread here though.

Goyas deserved a honourable mention for best chocolate cake actually, there is nothing on earth like their double chocolate mousse chocolate cake. It'd bring more people to your exhibition too dineenp. Excellent spot for exhibiting,congrats.

And no I'm not affiliated with Goyas in any way other than recently having eaten more than my fair share of their cake for my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was in Galway on Friday, and I am kinda sorry now that I didn't make arrangements to go a bit later on in the Summer. Went to The Cellar and hung out in all of the old haunts that I always liked. I hadn't been up that neck of the woods since I went to see Mudhoney 3 years ago. What a beautiful city you guys have. Possibly the nicest one in the country I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭NoPasaran

Why would he have to give permission? It's just a load of posts collated from a thread here. Not really original content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would agree with you on that one, but I guess some people would ask as a courtesy beforehand.

• Advertisement

I suppose in fairness they have just copy and pasted it without taking out any of the extra comments. Mind you the webpage seems to suggest it's himself anyway :D

I was in Galway on Friday, and I am kinda sorry now that I didn't make arrangements to go a bit later on in the Summer. Went to The Cellar and hung out in all of the old haunts that I always liked. I hadn't been up that neck of the woods since I went to see Mudhoney 3 years ago. What a beautiful city you guys have. Possibly the nicest one in the country I think.

You should come back! If you do want to start looking around and book now as it gets more expensive as the summer wears on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hey, dineenp, did you give permission to Galway.com to repost the list you compiled?

http://www.galway.com/news/galway-2013/

Would a Private Message to dineenp not suffice?

You are asking a perfectly valid question, however, the thread title 'Galway.com reposts our Best of list' suggests something dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Anything that we post here is copyright the author.

We give boards.ie a non-exclusive licence to post our writing here when we agree to their terms and conditions.

That doesn't give other websites the right to copy it without permission. So either dinneenp gave permission, or Galway.com have indeed done something dodgy.

Benefits of posting this here, rather than by PM, is making people aware that other websites may copy what they write here.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Yes I asked Patricks permission and he granted it, thanks Pa
    Permission.jpg

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

One teeny quibble - best curry cheese chips - Mahons Threadneedle Road - It's Maher's, not Mahon's, and it's not a chipper, it's a shop - like, a really small neighbourhood shop, which mostly caters for the schools across the road. It's probably not even open after 7:00 or 8:00 or so.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yes I asked Patricks permission and he granted it, thanks Pa
    Permission.jpg

Isn't it boards.ie's content though, if it was first published here?

Doubt you'll be getting an invoice though all the same :pac:

Eeden wrote: »
    One teeny quibble - best curry cheese chips - Mahons Threadneedle Road - It's Maher's, not Mahon's, and it's not a chipper, it's a shop - like, a really small neighbourhood shop, which mostly caters for the schools across the road. It's probably not even open after 7:00 or 8:00 or so.
    Also lists having a pint in Neachtains as "best free thing to do in Galway". Unless I've been missing out on a cracking special offer there that doesn't make much sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Isn't it boards.ie's content though, if it was first published here?

Doubt you'll be getting an invoice though all the same :pac:

Not the way I read the T&C's, it's not.

Why do Boards mods freak out over legal stuff whenever anybody discusses any sort of rumour about pretty much anything on here if it's our own views?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

BooJAM will be delighted :P

NoPasaran wrote: »
    Why do Boards mods freak out over legal stuff whenever anybody discusses any sort of rumour about pretty much anything on here if it's our own views?

Because boards.ie can be sued if it's hosting slanderous content.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

inisboffin wrote: »
    BooJAM will be delighted :P

Do they sell jam, id say they sell jam, does anyone know, i like jam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Because our legal system is forked, it's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Do they sell jam, id say they sell jam, does anyone know, i like jam.

Dunno about jam but they do the best SAUCES and CHUTNEYS I have ever in Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Also lists having a pint in Neachtains as "best free thing to do in Galway".

Can you quote where it says that?
    I hope you got it right 'cos I'll be owed thirtysomething years worth of refunds :-)

Personally I prefer to pay for my pint and get my 'people watching' outside for free.

I hope you got it right 'cos I'll be owed thirtysomething years worth of refunds :-)

Personally I prefer to pay for my pint and get my 'people watching' outside for free.

Under the 'Best free things to do' it does say 'Go to any pub and sit, read the paper/people watch (seating outside Neachtains) and have a cup of tea/pint'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Did someone mention free jam?

Did someone mention free jam?
    No, BooJam, quiet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just to clarify:
    it's ok to reprint stuff from boards with a notification like it was done.
    "This is a list of the Best things in Galway 2013 as voted on by users of Boards.ie"

I've added this mention to many in here.

And I'm almost 100% sure we can sue Boards.ie for hosting the false advertisement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hey, dineenp, did you give permission to Galway.com to repost the list you compiled?

http://www.galway.com/news/galway-2013/

Hi,
    Sorry for the very late reply, I'm only seeing this now.
    Yes, I gave them permission to repost the list. Hope there's nothing wrong with that.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Advertisement