Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Helicopter, Ambulance in Good Council College New Ross

Options
  • 30-06-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the story is with the Rescue Helicopter and Ambulances that were in the Good Council College yesterday (29th July) in New Ross.
    The helicopter seemed to circle around 4 or 5 times before landing. Was then followed in by an ambulance.
    Also there seemed to be a good few sirens going, even long after the rescue helicopter left

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Apparently there was someone urgently requiring hospital treatment transferred from the ambulance to the helicopter - must have been going to Cork from the direction in which it headed. Nothing on the Rescue 117 Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Rescue 117 from Waterford carried out an aero medevac of a patient with a suspected heart attack from New Ross Rugby Pitch (thanks New Ross RFC to facilitate the mission) to Cork Hospital.

Quote from R117

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

it's Counsel!!!!!!!

Good Counsel College

irks me somewhat to see it his spelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    it's Counsel!!!!!!!

Good Counsel College

Even the Americans can get that right. :)
    I once got a letter home from my son's year head, who was also his English teacher. It referred to mobile phones and contained the statement "offenders will have there phones confiscated" What chance have the kids got?
    Back OT. It's good to see coordination and cooperation between the emergency services and the benefit that can accrue to the public from it, it's a pity our jumped up public representatives wouldn't follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

it's Counsel!!!!!!!

Good Counsel College

If a spelling is the only irk you have on a thread like this , then you have small problems .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

bmaxi wrote: »
    It's good to see coordination and cooperation between the emergency services and the benefit that can accrue to the public from it, it's a pity our jumped up public representatives wouldn't follow suit.

As someone commented to me today though - for the cost of not too many emergency helicopter evacuations we could have a cardiac unit running in the south east and everyone could get faster care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    As someone commented to me today though - for the cost of not too many emergency helicopter evacuations we could have a cardiac unit running in the south east and everyone could get faster care.

Well our public representatives seem to be doing their level best to ensure that never happens. As a diabetic and a cardiac patient, I have been farmed out from Wexford General to my GP for the former and St. Vincent's in Dublin for the latter. So, while the status quo pertains, I'm grateful to have at least cohesion in the emergency services, while hoping I never have to call on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

it's Counsel!!!!!!!

Good Counsel College

Is the irony lost on you?

Back on topic. Guy with a suspected brain aneurysm needed to be urgently transferred to Cork.

Advertisement