Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My prayers have been answered!

• 30-06-2013 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Sunday. Mingin hangover. Want lots of crappy food but cant be arsed making it/going to get it? Do you need paracetamol for that headache but cant face the shops?

Worry no more. Welcome to the Dublin hangover service!! https://www.facebook.com/DublinHangoverService

Whoever thought this up is a genius!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Lightweight.

Man up and have a fry and a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lightweight.

Wurly is a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Wurly is a woman.

Women **** too you know! It's more polite to say flick the bean though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Will they deliver alcohol i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Fiver for delivery. Ask me hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I wonder how far do they deliver. . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

On my worst days, I reckon a fiver is money well spent! Imagine opening the door to a gentleman holding a McDonalds bag containing a milk shake, large chips, sweet and sour sauce, 2 hamburgers... PRICELESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

What does 'UPDATE: Today we've hit 20,000. Incredible stuff' mean? 20,000 deliveries? If so, then that's impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

What does 'UPDATE: Today we've hit 20,000. Incredible stuff' mean? 20,000 deliveries? If so, then that's impressive.

20,000 likes on Facebook. They haven't started delivering yet afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

How fcuking lazy would you have to be using this service?

Can you honestly imagine yourself in all good consciousness ringing some bloke and saying "er yeah, stall down the shops for us. I need smokes, lucozade and sure get us a big mac meal too"

I don't think I would be able to take anything I ever did again seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There is not a hope that this will ever take off.

20,000 likes on Facebook. They haven't started delivering yet afaik.

Oh, right... That's a bit of anti climax - I thought it meant something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Profiteering from Irelands crippling alcohol abuse problem. We'll get out of this recession yet!

keith16 wrote: »

Can you honestly imagine yourself in all good consciousness ringing some bloke and saying "er yeah, stall down the shops for us. I need smokes, lucozade and sure get us a big mac meal too"

I'd probably never use it, but how is it that different to ordering a take away to be delivered?

I generally drive down, place the order and pick up to ensure it isn't sitting getting cold, but plenty of people use the delivery service for a chinese / pizza etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

First I thought wow love this ( be ordering a breakfast roll).
    Then I thought no you would still have to peel your head off the pillow and crawl downstairs to open the front door...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

How about ice cream vans which would drive around our areas on Sunday mornings but would also have like deli breakfast roll items, chocolate and lucozade? And they could serve ice-cream as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Better than going out to disapproving eyes of the mornings churchgoers.

Better than going out to disapproving eyes of the mornings churchgoers.

:rolleyes: Losers, indeed.

Well done on the ninja edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

- Do you deliver?

- Yeah

- Grand, I'll have a pizza with extra liver, and do you bring the food to the customer's house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Prepare your food before ye go out,then you just have to reheat or microwave it,stews are deadly with batch loaf....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

they said the same thing about drive-thru restaurants, microwave popcorn, instant coffee, takeaway delivery etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'd probably never use it, but how is it that different to ordering a take away to be delivered?

I generally drive down, place the order and pick up to ensure it isn't sitting getting cold, but plenty of people use the delivery service for a chinese / pizza etc.

I guess cos takeaway is much more of a chore.

Honestly, if you are prepared to let someone take half an hour to do something that would take you 5 mins, and pay them a fiver for the privilege then bully for you.

I thought this type of thing peaked when we were giving toilet attendants 2 euro for some damp tissue and half a can of Lynx sprayed in your eyes.

I guess cos takeaway is much more of a chore.

Honestly, if you are prepared to let someone take half an hour to do something that would take you 5 mins, and pay them a fiver for the privilege then bully for you.

I thought this type of thing peaked when we were giving toilet attendants 2 euro for some damp tissue and half a can of Lynx sprayed in your eyes.

Don't get me started on those bloody toilet attendants.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

It's only garnered interest because it's a novel idea, and so people can say "lawl, look at us Irish and our awful drinking habits, it could only happen here!! Hurrhurr! "

In reality it'll never take off. It's just a few lads in their early twenties who want to capitalize on a market that doesn't exist or at least isn't large enough. What if you want a pack of fags, a big Mac, a batter Burger and a shaggin breakfast roll. Are these lads going to queue up in each and every establishment, and then deliver cold and soggy remains to you on the other side of Dublin?

Do they charge extra for each item of food, or is their only stream of revenue the exorbitant delivery fee? What if they receive dozens of orders in a short space of time and there's only three of them?

This is just not viable, and while I applaud them for attempting to be enterprising, this concept will be stillborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Anyone else ordering take away after reading this thread?? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Lightweight.

Just don't get the two mixed up.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't really see how this is going to work
    Anything you would like we can have delivered; whether it be shopping you can't be arsed going for, breakfast (lunch), or just general hangover easers, we provide!

anything? ye good luck to them. Why not just open a takeaway that is opened during the day? I know I've often had the great idea to order pizza or something the day after drinking then remembered oh ye there's no takeaways opened during the day, this company still wont be able to provide that kind of food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This is just the exact same as What's For Dinner in Galway that's been running for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sure going for a run down to buy pringles and pot noodles is the best hangover cure anyway. Clears the head, often allows you to clear your stomach, gets you out in the fresh airs and leaves you with munchies when you come home. Why would you pay someone to do it for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

God is just a spirit, man..

a spirit we keep. Leiland; cover around the back I am goin on in through the front

Advertisement