Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc gaming

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Sarumite, look at the link Briany suggested. Exact one I use, never had any problems!

There's an option on the software to set it up to xBox config, which I found easiest!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Are they just standard Xbox controllers? I may be able to get my hands on one from an original Xbox, will that work?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If your playing a first person shooter your better off sticking to a keyboard and mouse, its feels more natural and gives you more precision, its hard to go back to a joypad.

In a third person shooter I feel the difference between the two is not as much but I'd personal still opt for the keyboard and mouse combo.

RTS and MMO's are a no brainer, keyboard and mouse, its not even close.

Racing games, football games and fighting games play better on a joypad.

RPG's is a mix. JRPG favor joypads while cRPG generally favor keyboard and mouse.

You don't need a joypad for most PC games. No harm in having one.

I don't think an original xbox pad will work, xbox 360 wired pad should work with no hassle on the majority of games,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That should work fine. There are a few 3rd party XBox controllers that work just as well for about half the price, I bought one for Arkham Asylum a few years ago and it's grand. Even lights up a pleasant green.

Welcome to PC gaming. There are some absolutely cracking games available that'll work on even old machines, you'll be spoiled for choice regardless of what your current hardware is capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Unfortunately The Last Of Us is only on PS3 so no luck playing that on PC. If you want a game with a somewhat similar storyline, then I'd echo the poster above who recommended The Walking Dead. It's not very intense in terms of graphics so you should be able to run it. It doesn't have all the action that the Last of Us does though. I know that the next most critically acclaimed game this year after the Last of Us is Bioshock Infinite so maybe you should give that a go.

The good news is that games on PC are horrendously cheap, especially with frequent sales like the upcoming Steam sale. PS3 controller works fine on PC by the way, just as good as a 360 controller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement