Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping at Clonsilla train station

Options
  • 30-06-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Builders rubble shamefully dumped from Clonsilla train station into the canal, its been there for some time and seems to have been ignored. I'm assuming this is Irish Rails responsibility and not FCCs (I see to remember something about them owning lands adjacent to the canal)? Have tweeted the pic below to the usual suspects in an attempt to generate some movement.

BOAfyoHCMAAs3UR.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

This rubbish was dredged from the canal by Irish Waterways some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

joolsveer wrote: »
    This rubbish was dredged from the canal by Irish Waterways some time ago.

Really? The result of any dredging work I've seen in the past has usually been a pretty mucky affair, this stuff looks as if it was dropped from above as opposed to pulled out of the canal. If they're in fact to blame, you would expect Waterways Ireland to know better, it really spoils the visual amenity of the canal....

I remember that being dredged. Few of my bikes are probably in that pile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Few of my bikes are probably in that pile

Real classy :(

There is another pile on the other side of the bridge - and a barge/boat that looks like it was used to move this rubble there?

Another shot of the scenic bridge
    260644.JPG

On the East side - there is more dumping
    260645.JPG

And possibly the boat used to bring it there (as it contains similar rubble)
    260646.JPG

These shots were taken about a year ago.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think dojojoe means that some of his bikes were robbed and probably ended up dumped in there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Builders rubble shamefully dumped from Clonsilla train station into the canal, its been there for some time and seems to have been ignored. I'm assuming this is Irish Rails responsibility and not FCCs (I see to remember something about them owning lands adjacent to the canal)? Have tweeted the pic below to the usual suspects in an attempt to generate some movement.

BOAfyoHCMAAs3UR.jpg

In fairness, it'd be pretty difficult to get it over the fence. Dredged stuff, obviously.

January wrote: »
    Think dojojoe means that some of his bikes were robbed and probably ended up dumped in there...

Yep didn't mean that I was dumping them there or anything.
    Had a few bikes robbed from there the last 3 years.

Yep didn't mean that I was dumping them there or anything.
    Had a few bikes robbed from there the last 3 years.

Ahh - Sorry misunderstood :p

- sorry to hear that tho.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ozmo wrote: »
    There is another pile on the other side of the bridge - and a barge/boat that looks like it was used to move this rubble there?

That's a dredger. This is all dredged, not dumped.

MYOB wrote: »
    That's a dredger. This is all dredged, not dumped.

Been there a year now though - signs, cones and bicycles, electrical wires - so its still dumped - just by whoever did the dredging..

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Waterways Ireland responded, they said that the site was difficult to access (inferring that this is the reason why the heaps were left as is for so long)and equipment would move in over the summer to undertake a clean-up, time will tell....

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

Another sad day and people make light of it:(

Advertisement