Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is there to do in Sligo during the summer, for a 21 year old male?

Options
  • 30-06-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm a 21 year old male who is staying in Sligo for the summer. I have been here a week and may have work sometimes, but I don't want to be bored for the whole summer. Which is why I am asking, what is there to do in Sligo for a 21 year old male during the summer?

i.e. - Places to go
    - Activities to do when it is wet
    - Activities to do when it is sunny and hot
    - Anything else, i.e. clubs or societies worth joining in Sligo.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭mosstin

Infinite92 wrote: »
    I'm a 21 year old male who is staying in Sligo for the summer. I have been here a week and may have work sometimes, but I don't want to be bored for the whole summer. Which is why I am asking, what is there to do in Sligo for a 21 year old male during the summer?

i.e. - Places to go
    - Activities to do when it is wet
    - Activities to do when it is sunny and hot
    - Anything else, i.e. clubs or societies worth joining in Sligo.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Places to go - Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

mosstin wrote: »
    Places to go - Galway.
    Theres very little in Galway that we don't have here. Plus its full of crusties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

buy an umbrella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Go surfing in Enniscrone . Wet or dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Go SUPing .. go mountaining biking, go swimming, go mountain walking, go sailing, go surfing .. do some of the many road races .. Sligo has loads on over the summer!! most of which you can do rain or shine .. feck Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Valetta wrote: »
    Go surfing in Enniscrone . Wet or dry.

Yes a trip to Enniscrone is definitely work your while. There are so many Activities and Events. Also have you ever heard of the Black Pig Festival? A great week of fun in Enniscrone. How long are you planning to stay in the Sligo area?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Strandhill surfing, drinking, eating, walking - general and archaeological.
    Tigerland for airsoft is good.
    Fishing - sea or river/lake.
    Sligo Aeroclub
    Sligo Rovers matches at home
    Climb/cycle knocknarea
    walk the Sligo way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Technically in Roscommon, but Zipit at Lough Key Forest Park is a great way to spend an afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blackiebest1

Hi, you would be insane not to go SUP with [HTML]facebook.com/SUPforall[/HTML]. Check out their images on the page or tweet them on @SUPforall

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

yeah the SUP looks fantastic . .I got a voucher for fathers day .. can't wait to get out and have a go .. just need to get the time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

The Champions of Ireland are playing at home to Pat's Sunday week and again on the 27th against Shamrock Rovers. The two biggest sporting events in the West of Ireland this summer. There's also the Champions League game if you can source a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

R_overs1 wrote: »
    The Champions of Ireland are playing at home to Pat's Sunday week and again on the 27th against Shamrock Rovers. The two biggest sporting events in the West of Ireland this summer. There's also the Champions League game if you can source a ticket.

Not a chance unless you're Norwegian ;)

red sean wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of 'celtic fans' trying to offload tickets they bought before the draw.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of 'celtic fans' trying to offload tickets they bought before the draw.
    Offer them 50% :D

Offer them 50% :D
    They actually are selling them cheap cause they reckon nobody would want to go now. Saw one guy on Twitter offering one to his Yanited mate.

I take it you mean Sligo barstoolers Celtic supporters club.

I take it you mean Sligo barstoolers Celtic supporters club.
    Mostly. Few of their actual fans from Glasgow got tickets too.
    This guys selling if anyones interested.
    https://twitter.com/ciarancfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Get yourself a bicycle OP and visit all the places here, there and everywhere.

Join a gym. Get yourself a wet suit and board and learn to surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Don't forget Molde's allocation has to come back yet, they won't sell their full lot.

Plus, just hang outside the Showgrounds before kick-off for a while and they'll accept cash off people on turnstiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Are you a student? Student membership for the golf club in Strandhill is cheap for the year, great way to spend a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

you could also join a club, i.e. Sligo Triathlon Club - they meet and train regularly - great way to meet new people and get fit at the same time.

thebuzz wrote: »

Plus, just hang outside the Showgrounds before kick-off for a while and they'll accept cash off people on turnstiles.

Not for Europe, they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SaHz

Hey, I'm the same, I'm 22 year old female started work in Sligo 3 months ago and I still find myself bored most of the times, I loved it when I was up in college here in the I.T but all my friends that I knew from Sligo have up and left to NYC or Austrailia, any ideas of what fun things there are to do, cheers thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Sligo Rovers playing St. Patrick's Athletic tomorrow afternoon at 3pm, well worth a visit.
    R_overs1 wrote: »
    Not for Europe, they won't.
    They will, and have done for other 'sold out' European games in the past.

Sligo Rovers playing St. Patrick's Athletic tomorrow afternoon at 3pm, well worth a visit.

Maybe in the 70's or 80's but not nowadays!
    And definitely not for the Champions League.

I'd be almost sure those 'tickets' were returned by away teams/Rovers fans or a few more were released closer to game time.

We're not St Pat's after all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marshyc

Sea fishing with Sligo Boat Charters http://www.sligoboatcharters.com its a Great way to spend your spare time and see the beautiful Sligo coast.

Advertisement