Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying/Baiting

Options
  • 30-06-2013 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I'm not entirely disputing this infraction. I'm raising an issue which I believe is an abuse of the system.

I was given a red card for editing this post from "when they defrosted you did they tell you what year it was" to "thank god for microwaves". It was a fairly instant edit and the only people who would have access to it would be the moderators.

I'm calling into question the motivation of the moderators here, the dynamics of which wouldn't be obvious unless you were in a position to know why they are acting in such a manner.

I recently resolved a previous infraction here
    I knew the reason it had been given were unfair but I was also aware that the moderators knew that I had closed my previous account on what they believed to be an attempt to avoid previous infractions. (I received a one week ban from AH for "calling out a poster", the poster was a previous AH modand it being a typical AH thread, there was an amount of baiting much of which was coming from the mods.)

In order to address the issue they are determined to make sure I wear the mantle of an infraction from a previous incarnation.

As for the issue of a red card above, I have barely posted in TLL, the moderator who has issued it is also an AH mod and no doubt already aware of the decision made wrt the resolved infraction and has been heavy handed in issuing a red card to balance the scales. The level of infraction warranted is based on the particular moderators judgment but there is no doubt these judgments are biased.

Whether you believe my post warranted a red card then I'd question the level of moderation in general on the thread, I'd also consider why a yellow card or on thread warning wasn't sufficient. (I already know the reasons for it)
    I'm calling you out now too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Have you spoken to the mod who gave the infraction? If you can't resolve it with them we can look into it.

Actually, don't bother. I'll save you some time.

1) It doesn't matter if you instantly edit a post, it's still actionable. Do your read over before you hit submit.

2) It's a pretty straight up personal attack infraction, I really can't see how it's "balancing the scales" at all. The argument here is whether it should be a yellow or a red not whether it's actionable.

3) There had been a load of on-thread warnings for all kinds of things. If anything infractions should have started being handed out earlier.

Infraction upheld. You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

and again...
    Dear pharmaton,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Wibbs

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pharmaton View Post
    true, it's what I did and it works very well. I generally don't get approached by strangers at all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pharmaton
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wibbs
    Dear pharmaton,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Wibbs

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pharmaton View Post
    true, it's what I did and it works very well. I generally don't get approached by strangers at all.
    why is this an issue?
    You were given an on thread warning by another moderator and you ignored it, hence infraction.

Oh and I also note you have a couple other accounts menapyan, ashers22 and ashers222(not exactly great disguise there with the latter two) and a number of forum bans, warnings and infractions attached to them.
    no disguises, no deceit, closed accounts and started fresh. this is not against the rules, if you have issues with it I suggest you take it up with the admins. It's not like I'm trying to avoid detection.

I'm tired of the harrassment. Should I close this account and start afresh I'll only be hunted down by same mods whether my actions are deserving of it or not. It's ridiculous at this stage.

pharmaton wrote: »
    I'm tired of the harrassment. Should I close this account and start afresh I'll only be hunted down by same mods whether my actions are deserving of it or not. It's ridiculous at this stage.

Wouldn't this indicate to you that it's not the mods having a grudge against you personally, it's what you're posting no?

Advertisement