Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASRock motherboards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

They are different form factor standards.
    M-ATX is a smaller form factor and will fit into M-ATX cases and larger.
    ATA is the standard form factor and will not fit into a case designed for M-ATX and smaller.
    Looking at both motherboards there are other physical differences such as memory slots and SATA connections but essentially they are based on the same chipset and support the same CPUs, they are just designed for different sized cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Scavage

Thanks a million, great help! :)

Also, is a haswell much better than an ivy bridge? I have chosen an ivy bridge for my machine to suit the processor. But to be honest I haven't a clue of the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Scavage wrote: »
    Thanks a million, great help! :)

Also, is a haswell much better than an ivy bridge? I have chosen an ivy bridge for my machine to suit the processor. But to be honest I haven't a clue of the difference.

As far as I know Haswell is faster and more power efficient, but also runs hotter. Haven't looked too much into it myself.

Advertisement