Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 xboxes, 1 account, can't sign in

• 30-06-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Sort of as the title says- i have 2 xboxes, a main one upstairs for gaming and a secondary under the tv for netflix etc, and i use the same account's on both.

As of this week i have been unable to sign in on the second xbox- no problem signing in on the main one, but the second keeps asking me to verify the account with my email/password, whic i do, but then signs me out- sometimes the error states that the account does not have xbox live, sometimes that the password is incorrect (it isn't) and sometimes with the error code 80151011. On inspection that error code is for account problems, but having tried all the troubleshooting from here http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live/errors/error-code-80151011 i still have the same problems.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any idea for solutions?

I have not enabled two step verification, nd up until the last 3-4 days have had no problem switching from one xbox to the other.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Sort of as the title says- i have 2 xboxes, a main one upstairs for gaming and a secondary under the tv for netflix etc, and i use the same account's on both.

As of this week i have been unable to sign in on the second xbox- no problem signing in on the main one, but the second keeps asking me to verify the account with my email/password, whic i do, but then signs me out- sometimes the error states that the account does not have xbox live, sometimes that the password is incorrect (it isn't) and sometimes with the error code 80151011. On inspection that error code is for account problems, but having tried all the troubleshooting from here http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live/errors/error-code-80151011 i still have the same problems.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any idea for solutions?

I have not enabled two step verification, nd up until the last 3-4 days have had no problem switching from one xbox to the other.

Cheers

Think you actually have to create a 2 step verification if memory serves, it's all a bit of a pain!

Give MS a call and see what they say, should be open today - (01) 242 0758

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'd suggest putting your profile on a USB stick and just plug it in to which ever console you want to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'd suggest putting your profile on a USB stick and just plug it in to which ever console you want to use.

Yeah, no, nuts to that. It'd be ridiculous in this age to have to do that given that a fortnight ago it was a simple task of turning one off and the other on.

Appreciate the input though, thanks :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Think you actually have to create a 2 step verification if memory serves, it's all a bit of a pain!

Give MS a call and see what they say, should be open today - (01) 242 0758

I have it all set up now, it's a pain is an understatement however we persevere. I'm assuming this is going to have to be done on the xb1 too, yay:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Yeah, no, nuts to that. It'd be ridiculous in this age to have to do that given that a fortnight ago it was a simple task of turning one off and the other on.
    You had to recover your gamertag too, surely? You can't have one profile on two systems unless I'm mistaken.

• Advertisement

You had to recover your gamertag too, surely? You can't have one profile on two systems unless I'm mistaken.

I have never had to recover my gamertag, it always just worked and i would get the message that i was last signed in on another console.

As it stands i tried deleting and redownloading my profile and now i'm being told that my credentials are wrong. And after turning on the two-step security i can still just log into my main console with no problem. Perhaps the console is on it's way out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not sure if it's in Ireland yet, but in North America your profile is cloud based, so you can log in anywhere without transferring or downloading anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

80151011 means you need to update your security proofs on account.live.com. Some people get this error even after updating their proofs, so you'd just need to clear the cache then try again. Turn off TSV, it's a pain. Some people accidentally have it turned on by default, which makes redownloading it a pain. Make sure you can sign in to Xbox.com using the same credentials, then clear the cache on your console, refresh the console's internet connection (just test the connection in network settings) then try downloading again. Should be fine.

Advertisement