Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Query

Options
  • 30-06-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if you can check the "validity" of tickets which were purchased from a Third Party, e.g, donedeal, toutless etc by bringing them to a ticketmaster outlet to be checked?

Friend of mine recently bought 2 tickets for a sold out gig. Seller seemed legit and tickets look fine but he just wants piece of mind before he travels a fair distance for the gig.

He rang Ticketmaster and they said no but I would have expected that response given they don't approve of third party selling in general!!

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Bought some tickets on toutless recently and the seller called ticketmaster and asked them to send out physical tickets even though they selected eTickets originally. Would always ask if they can do this first. Failing that try and get the sellers name and passport number, if they do scam you I'd imagine you can go to the Gardai as surely its fraud

On the ticketmaster US site you can transfer tickets between accounts, which is obviously the ideal scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its against the T&C to re-sell tickets so TM won't do anything, officially.

Tickets are very, very rarely forged, if you are scammed its going to be a cancelled ticket (original ticket holder pays by CC and says tickets never turned up, tickets that where sent out are then cancelled and are duds and he re sells) or duplicate e-tickets, in which case only the first person to use the tickets will be able to get in.

If its a physical ticket, check if it says the persons name on the bottom and something like LASER, this means he paid by card/online, if it says CASH then its usually fine.

Chances are the ticket is fine, but at the end of the day you really have nothing to stand on if it turns out to be a scam
    Bought some tickets on toutless recently and the seller called ticketmaster and asked them to send out physical tickets even though they selected eTickets originally. Would always ask if they can do this first. Failing that try and get the sellers name and passport number, if they do scam you I'd imagine you can go to the Gardai as surely its fraud

On the ticketmaster US site you can transfer tickets between accounts, which is obviously the ideal scenario

Cheers lads.

My buddy met the seller in hotel carpark and took his name, phone number and car registration.

The tickets are original TM hard copies and were bought with cash at TM outlet. The seller's surname is also printed on the ticket.

Tickets came with receipt attached aswell. Main reason he was concerned I think was due to no service charge/handling fee being charged. The seller said this was because a family member worked at the TM outlet and did not have to process/charge the service/handling fee. (Benefit of the job kind of thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you pay by cash in the kiosk in stephens green there are also no additional charges (or laser I think).

Paying cash is a good sign since as said already, he cannot claim they were lost in the post and get new ones issued.

I bought a E-ticket on ebay before and rang ticketmaster about it. They were reluctant to help but eventually did input the code number and verified it was a genuine number and that there were no unusual dealings regarding it (e.g. lots of people ringing up if they were selling mulitple copies)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Sorry for using an old thread but does anyone know a way to prove a ticket was used? Like if someone bought tickets from me and said they didn't work and wants their money back. Is there a way to prove they were used at the gig? All hypothetically of course

Advertisement