Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny v Tipp

Options
  • 30-06-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is this going ahead in Nowlan Park? I presume the hungry GAA will move it tothurles but if it is in KK ,is there anyone else genuinely concerned that itwill be like Beirut around the town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Is it scheduled for Nowlan Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Probably Cody's last game as manager. Tipp to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

Nowlan Park 7 o clock Saturday evening,and grow up the lot of ye,Beiruit my eye,and an agreement in place between counties so it wont be moved to Thurles,How many matches do you go to in the year?any of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

mefynn wrote: »
    Nowlan Park 7 o clock Saturday evening,and grow up the lot of ye,Beiruit my eye,and an agreement in place between counties so it wont be moved to Thurles,How many matches do you go to in the year?any of ye

Apologies,probably a bit dramatic out of me. I used to the majority of champioship matches but not as much as usual in the last year or two.Was at the league final in nowlan park this year but we won that time so Tipp hightailed it out of kilkenny. My original post was raised with the thought if tipp won on Saturday and they all hung around the town afterwards. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Apologies,probably a bit dramatic out of me. I used to the majority of champioship matches but not as much as usual in the last year or two.Was at the league final in nowlan park this year but we won that time so Tipp hightailed it out of kilkenny. My original post was raised with the thought if tipp won on Saturday and they all hung around the town afterwards. ...

Get over yourself mate, where do you think we are, Galatasary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Rightwing wrote: »
    Probably Cody's last game as manager. Tipp to win.

Why ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Dogdaysareover

Is this going ahead in Nowlan Park? I presume the hungry GAA will move it tothurles but if it is in KK ,is there anyone else genuinely concerned that itwill be like Beirut around the town

Beep Beep.....troll alert......Beep Beep.....troll alert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

KK4SAM wrote: »
    Why ?

In fairness now, its not a massive leap to suggest it could be Codys last game in charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

mefynn wrote: »

It has nothing to do with the agreement between the 2 counties. If it did, the match would be in Thurles. KK were drawn first from the hat, hence home advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Any idea when Tickets go on general sale for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Saw i think in Irish Times that match will be on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The GAA has this afternoon announced details for Saturday evening's Phase 2 Qualifier between Kilkenny and Tipperary. The game goes ahead in Nowlan Park at 7pm. The game is all ticket and, as like the recent National League Final, the stands - other than the covered section of Ardan Breathnach - will be unreserved i.e "First Come First Served". Tickets will cost €20 for adults with Under 16's costing €5. Terrace will cost €15. The GAA Season Ticket is valid at stiles Nos 15 to 18 on Hebron Road - New Stand Side Only -
    Tickets are now on sale at the usual Supermarket outlets

From http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Not really sure what the OP is afraid of. The town centre will be full of drunk people wearing matching shirts and drinking pints & being a pain in the aras to everybody they meet, so how is that different that any other weekend in Kilkenny? just replace the t-shirts & boas etc of drunk stags & hens with Tipp & Kilkenny jerseys & it's a normal Saturday night in KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Tickets went on sale on tickets.ie already. Should be able to get them from Super Valu and Centra in the morning. 20 for a stand ticket and 15 for terrace. Kids tickets are only 5

dewdrop wrote: »
    Saw i think in Irish Times that match will be on TV3

Excruciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

comeraghs wrote: »
    Not really sure what the OP is afraid of. The town centre will be full of drunk people wearing matching shirts and drinking pints & being a pain in the aras to everybody they meet, so how is that different that any other weekend in Kilkenny? just replace the t-shirts & boas etc of drunk stags & hens with Tipp & Kilkenny jerseys & it's a normal Saturday night in KK.

sure maybe we'll all go down to waterford instead and watch the tumble weed roll down the street. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Just went to Super Valu. Only Terrace tickets left, same online :0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

toe_knee wrote: »
    Just went to Super Valu. Only Terrace tickets left, same online :0

Already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Already?
    Sold out now.

comeraghs wrote: »

Not afraid. Just concerned. There will be no trouble at the match but if Tipp win it could get rowdy was all i was saying. also it is complete different to a normal weekend. there will be the bones of 23,000 at the game

Tickets went on sale on tickets.ie already. Should be able to get them from Super Valu and Centra in the morning. 20 for a stand ticket and 15 for terrace. Kids tickets are only 5

Got tickets for the town terrace. Should be a good game . our backs are against the wall. This really good be the greatest cody victory off all if you factor in how the squad is desimated with injuries and suspensions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO Kilkenny got beat.............:D

UP THE DEISE. :p

think the tickets were sold out yesterday but supervalue (being the clever sausages that they are) printed off a **** load of city end terrace tickets. You have to pay in cash when buying them. At very least it ensures that the maximum amount of kilkenny people will be getting tickets which is only a good thing.
    COME ON THE CATS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

think the tickets were sold out yesterday but supervalue (being the clever sausages that they are) printed off a **** load of city end terrace tickets. You have to pay in cash when buying them. At very least it ensures that the maximum amount of kilkenny people will be getting tickets which is only a good thing.
    COME ON THE CATS!

Are there still some going?

Are there still some going?

056) 7765404 is the number . just rang them there an they are sold out. There might be a few floating around on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

S28382 wrote: »
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO Kilkenny got beat.............:D

UP THE DEISE. :p

LOL think you may regret this one!

ft9 wrote: »
    LOL think you may regret this one!

I dont think so this KK team are on the way down and sure its only right that its Waterford that puts em to the sword. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I dont think so this KK team are on the way down and sure its only right that its Waterford that puts em to the sword. :D

LOL...we have been hearing that for the past 3/4 years...With Tipp gone only ones with a chance of doing that are Dublin and possibly Limerick. Just being realistic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

road_high wrote: »
    LOL...we have been hearing that for the past 3/4 years...With Tipp gone only ones with a chance of doing that are Dublin and possibly Limerick. Just being realistic here.

you don't think Galway could either?

Don't get me wrong I'd strongly fancy KK to win if it was KK vs Galway but at the same time I think Galway on their day could put Kilkenny to the sword.

Certainly would fancy them more likely to do it than Limerick.

road_high wrote: »

Haha i know im just being very optimistic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Haha i know im just being very optimistic :D

Well it's gona be a tight one. It could be Waterfords best chance to beat KK and they will be tired (er) after all those matches in a row. I don't think anyone in KK will be counting their chickens before Sat night. Aren't some of Waterfords top players missing as well?

Advertisement