Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing NAT type

Options
  • 30-06-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had success with changing their nat type back to 1 with the new efibre modems?My FIFA connection is gone crap since I got it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Has anybody had success with changing their nat type back to 1 with the new efibre modems?My FIFA connection is gone crap since I got it.

NAT type 2 is fine. But I am having NAT problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

EDIT : Incorrect info

eddhorse wrote: »
    First try :
    Under network settings.

Set up ps3 using custom settings
    pick pppoe for ip settings.

Username is eircom@eircom.net
    and password is broadband1.

choose manual dns settings and enter this ,

Primary dns 213.94.190.236

Secondry dns 213.94.190,194.
    Next change mtu settings to 1492 and go test your connection.

Second try :
    The router I'm using is an Eircom P-660HN-T1A_IPv6

Access your router - Go to network - internet(WAN) - advanced setup and then you'll see 'PPPOE PASSTHROUGH' Select Yes and that should be her. No more problems obtaining an ip address while using pppoe. Nat 1 gaming.

A lot of that info isn't relevant on the efibre modems. In particular the username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Liamario wrote: »
    A lot of that info isn't relevant on the efibre modems. In particular the username and password.

Just trying to help, bit of googling on those modems on the playstation forum.
    Some other people had luck, just passing on info. If its not relevant then post the proper info?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Just trying to help, bit of googling on those modems on the playstation forum.
    Some other people had luck, just passing on info. If its not relevant then post the proper info?

I wasn't criticising you, just informing you that the answer you provided weren't completely relevant to the new modem. I can't solve the NAT issue myself. There's no need to take it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dzonymasa

or

login : broadband1
    password : broadband1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

yeah, i noticed that too when i checked my ps3's connection after getting in the efiber. now its at nat 2 aswell....
    although iv only ever had problems with using nat 3's restricted bs.

yeah, i noticed that too when i checked my ps3's connection after getting in the efiber. now its at nat 2 aswell....
    although iv only ever had problems with using nat 3's restricted bs.

NAT 2 shouldn't affect you connecting to games, so I wouldn't worry. NAT 1 is very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I regulary have Nat 2 but it sometimes it flips from open to moderate. Thought I fixed it last night after looking at some youtube videos - a couple of FPSs showed open but Saints Row III said I didn't have it.
    Why can't I just flip a switch and make it permenantly open......grrrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

NAT 2 shouldn't affect you connecting to games, so I wouldn't worry. NAT 1 is very rare.

Eye, nat 2 is really all you need... i had nat 1 setup for years, followed a youtube vid with some irish lad showing the settings for eircom.
    Since i got efiber alittle while back though, with the new router it put the nat to type 2. I havnt bothered to try for nat 1 yet on the new router. probably just leave it. Once its not on nat 3, there shouldnt be any issues.

eircom_netopia.jpg

bay this router u have NAT 1 , on ps3 use option PPPoE & make this settings :
    *eircom broadband : LOGIN; broadband1 , PASSWORD; broadband1 ,
    *vodafone broadband : LOGIN; vodafone@vodafone.ie , PASSWORD; vodafone@vodafone.ie

* the same router !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

Ps. Don't forget change Wifi settings from WEP to WPA PSK , U and & yout broadband more secure !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

dzonymasa wrote: »
    eircom_netopia.jpg

bay this router u have NAT 1 , on ps3 use option PPPoE & make this settings :
    *eircom broadband : LOGIN; broadband1 , PASSWORD; broadband1 ,
    *vodafone broadband : LOGIN; vodafone@vodafone.ie , PASSWORD; vodafone@vodafone.ie

* the same router !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

Ps. Don't forget change Wifi settings from WEP to WPA PSK , U and & yout broadband more secure !!
    I dont think you can use this router with fibre broadband, can you?

I don't know friend, I didn't have an Internet from it for the supplier .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

look lads, its an efibre NAT type hes looking for, not regular DSL broadband.

its different.

stop posting fixes for the DSL broadband, if you don't know the fix, don't post.

i wish i had fibre. :(

Advertisement