Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Dollar - Worth getting some now?

Options
  • 30-06-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all, moving to Perth in November.

Opening my ANZ bank account now (should have it tomorrow).

I'm not much of an expert on currencies, exchange rates or maths in general :) so looking for some advice.

The AUD is low at min correct?

So would now be a good time to transfer some of my euros to my oz bank account? Like 5k €uros?

Maybe I'm really wrong or there's better ways of doing it. Any help appreciated!

AG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Your correct unfortunately the euro is strong against the Dollar .

I've been using currency fair http://www.currencyfair.com/ & find them very good n great rates n fees .

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Ozeire wrote: »
    Your correct unfortunately the euro is strong against the Dollar .

I've been using currency fair http://www.currencyfair.com/ & find them very good n great rates n fees .

Looks good. €5k gets me $7100 AU.

My only worry is something happening after I transfer money to the account, that would stop me travelling. Money is stuck in the account as I can't transfer back without entering oz and providing ID!
    Hmm, something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

My two cents is I would not be in a hurry, the Aussie is about 10cent overvalued and is going to fall more. I am not an economist but that's the word on the trading forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

6541 wrote: »
    My two cents is I would not be in a hurry, the Aussie is about 10cent overvalued and is going to fall more. I am not an economist but that's the word on the trading forums.

It's lost a lot already in a short time. I would say it will probably stay between 70 and 73 cents for a while.

Advertisement