Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on clearo please

Options
  • 30-06-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an urge to give the clearo a go again.
    Tried a couple a long time ago but was not impressed with the dry hits and that the tanks kept cracking.
    Currently using an ego-c for the past couple of months.

I see there are now various clearos that have replaceable coils and wicks, usually selling at about €3 for a replacement.

Can anyone steer me towards a good, reliable one.
    Preferably not too big, would like it to sit snugly on top of my ego batteries.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Try the evod

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Im gettin on good with a kanger T3S.i find you can adjust the draw by a slight tighten or loosen.if i screw tightly on to my twists its waay to tight a draw.flavour is a bit muted compared to my protank but warmer and easier for taking out and about.rebuilding the coil is a doddle aswell.at 5€ each i think their well worth a try.id insist using a vv batt tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Kanger T3. Been using them for months now. No issues with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks all, have ordered the Evod and will try the kanger T3 in the near future too.

Anything I should know about the Evod? Quirks? Tips? Precautions?

Cheers.

Thanks all, have ordered the Evod and will try the kanger T3 in the near future too.

Cheers.

No it's straight forward enough, just clean them out every few fills and wipe the coils and get a couple of spare coils and your good.

• Advertisement

Great stuff! appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Cheers.

The eVod loads of people said they work great and they're perfect and what not. For me the one eVod I bought ended up gurgling too often. Which would mean having to get some tissue and blowing it out. Which would mean I'd usually end up blowing a fair bit of juice out of the eVod. Seems like a waste of pennies to me. Also it defeats the purpose of having a clearo which is all about easy of use and generally using something when I'm out and about. So I didn't buy another eVod. Saying that, some people say they haven't experienced that problem so it could be hit and miss.

The T3 I had the same issue with. I would personally never buy another eVod or T3 again.

However the T3S has some good prospects. It's the new clearo on the market. The latest clearos Kanger have made have been the T3S, the Protank and the eVod. The eVod was slightly better, the Protank got it almost perfect (no leaking, superb build quality, very very easy to use) so hopefully the new T3S has similar qualities!

If so I might have found something I can use on an ego battery for out and about use once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Do the T3S replacement heads fit the T3?

Stained I highly doubt it mate. Use up your T3 and T3 heads if you're happy with it. Sounds like you're not having any issues with them, like gurgling or that.

From the limited feedback I've had from people I know personally that have tried them, they're supposed to be good. I haven't actually read any online reviews about them. But I might quickly go and do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Do the T3S replacement heads fit the T3?
    Not Directly but you can buy a T3S base which will convert your T3/MT3 to the S version

• Advertisement

Vaperus wrote: »
    Not Directly but you can buy a T3S base which will convert your T3/MT3 to the S version

Seriously? That's cool! Oh man.. I wish I Didn't sell all those old T3 clearos now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

noob question.

how dos the resistance work? would 2.4 give more or less vapour than a 1.7?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

noob question.

how dos the resistance work? would 2.4 give more or less vapour than a 1.7?

Resistance basically determines how fast the current travels through the coil,high resistance means that it will take the coil longer to burn up and won't be as hard hitting on the coil.Low resistance would heat the coil faster,however if the voltage is too high,the current will be too strong and cause the coil to burn the wick aka Burnt taste.

here's a little picture to describe "ohms law" or how resistance,current and voltage works,the stronger (higher) the resistance pulls the current the harder it is for the voltage to push the current. (that picture is actually wrong looking back on it,the current drags the voltage.Ah well same point really)

Volts=Voltage
    Amps=Current
    Ohms=Resistance

In theory if you know the voltage you're at and you know your current,you should be able to use the formula Voltage/Current (V/I) to find the perfect resistance.That's theoretical however.

T2's are the only clearomiser that i have ever been satisfied with.

Day two with the Evod and I'm quite impressed.

Filling it is almost as easy as filling an ego tank.
    It holds a little more juice than an ego tank.
    Flavour and throat hit are V good.
    Sits nicely on an ego battery, about the same diameter.
    Stainless steel body seems well built and no leaks so far.
    Replacement coil/wicks are V cheap.

Only drawback is the airy draw, but like most devices, I will get used to that and then anything else will be too tight :D

Thanks for the advice all, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Only drawback is the airy draw, but like most devices, I will get used to that and then anything else will be too tight :D

That's what puts me off it, I find I get a very dry throat from an evod.

Day two with the Evod and I'm quite impressed.

Filling it is almost as easy as filling an ego tank.
    It holds a little more juice than an ego tank.
    Flavour and throat hit are V good.
    Sits nicely on an ego battery, about the same diameter.
    Stainless steel body seems well built and no leaks so far.
    Replacement coil/wicks are V cheap.

I would never have thought an evod would be described as overly airy, what were you using before?

Imist and Ego-C.

Ego-C gets very tight after a few days (I just replaced heads)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What about the SS mesh CE8s. I have one here from ESI with vampire kiss in it, not a big fan of the juice but it vapes pretty well.

Oh I also got some T5s and I find the heat from having the coil at the top is a lot nicer than the bottom coil ones I had before (T3 I think).

Advertisement