Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

water from well to washing machine

• 30-06-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    Hoping someone can give us some advice we inherited an old cottage in Donegal and use it only 3 or 4 times a year, we have water coming from a well up the hill that feeds the bathroom and shower and the back kitchen taps no problems. Our front kitchen has good quality cold water coming from another well fed by gravity straight to black pipe into a kitchen tap because of space we need to fit a washing machine there, a plumber has told us the pressure is to low for a washing machine would we be able to use a pump under the sink to increase the pressure, this well is a shared well so would not be keen to put a pump in the well.
    Thanks for any advice we can get going back in 4wks time and I am anxious to get w/machine fitted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

I would suggest a breaker tank (a storage tank) and then a pump fitted. Be careful fitting appliances in hard water areas. Limescale has a major effect on appliances. You can have the water tested and a water softner fitted.

also if your not using the place regurally. keep an eye on the tank. so it does not go stagment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moandcol

Thanks for that are they costly to buy and get fitted, as the plumber we got was not really interested in doing anything for us,

moandcol wrote: »
    Thanks for that are they costly to buy and get fitted, as the plumber we got was not really interested in doing anything for us,

The Donegal lads are very laid back.

A tank including connections , a pump, piping & fittings to cold supplies & a water softner. BALL PARK materials only €400. you would propably get a supply and fit for BALLPARK €500

I HAD TO FIT A FEW SYSTEMS LIKE THAT IN CORK. MAINS PRESSURE SH1T. IT USUALLY COMES IN AT 500 EURO

Thanks for that will try to get a plumber sorted before we go over and ask if they can do the job, yes I agree very laid back but lovely people they never rush.

moandcol wrote: »
    Thanks for that will try to get a plumber sorted before we go over and ask if they can do the job, yes I agree very laid back but lovely people they never rush.

A different world completley. If they mention a day like (Monday) that could be any of the 52 Mondays.I have a brother in law from there.

• Advertisement

My Husband and I had a good laugh at that, as we waited 6 days on the first plumber who promised to come on the Monday and after numerious calls he came on the Sat, he wanted us to find the pipe from the well that had been buried under rocks some 80yrs ago and he would put a connection on it and to phone him back when we had done that. My husband spent 6hrs with a pick axe but couldnt find it.The second plumber didnt turn up, so we spent our 10days there trying to get a plumber for my new washing machine, would never of thought it would be so hard to do.

Advertisement