Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

addiction stories.

• 30-06-2013 10:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

hi guys,my dad died when i was 18. and then suddenly i was left on my own in a house,anyway i was constantly finding it hard to sleep and working 55-60 hours a week. and then me and my girlfriend broke up so i was lonely as ''feck'' so one night i bought a few cans and rang my best friend ''who i hadnt seen for a year''
    when he arrives down he apologizes for not being around more and explains hes having a hard time and pulls out a folded bit of tin foil and tells me hes addicted to smoking heroin.

for some crazy reason i had no idea you could smoke it and thought that smoking it wouldnt be to bad,so he gave me some and at the time it was heaven it solved all my problems,untill two weeks later i couldnt sleep and had aching bones and sweats.
    i was telling him about this not knowing it had anything to do with heroin and he just turns around and replies ''your strung''

5 years later i had no job,i owed thousands to dealers who if they see me to this day they would still probably kill me and i lost a few friends to the drug.

anyway it all came to a head when i was at a traffic lights and two squad cars and unmarked surrounded me and before i could blink i was in handcuffs and being done for possession of heroin. after this i went in to rehab and left after 5 days and scored again. followed by a home detox of two weeks of utter physical pain 3 months of insomnia and a year of anxiety attacks i couldnt believe how skinny i was i lost 5 and half stone i was nearly dead. its amazing how my morals went out the window when i was addicted,looking back on it i was totally under the influence 24-7 and was not the same person i am now,anyway im two years clean and free,thank god.....so do any of you have an addiction story??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IdahoSpud

Your free of all the phisical effects. I understand you and hope you never have a craving. Stay strong

Advertisement