Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping de l'Ocean, Le Croisic

Options
  • 30-06-2013 10:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone stay here before?

Just looking for feedback and opinions.

Looking for a well located campsite with good facilities, but also close to a town as we like to go exploring on foot and eat out etc.

Looking to stay in South Brittany or Vendee regions. Normally stay with Yelloh Village etc and never normally book as we like the freedom of moving on after 3 or 4 nights, but this year we're going July/Aug as our eldest is in school, and finding that a lot of places are booked out :(

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Stayed there last Monday and Tuesday night. 22nd/23rd.
    Extremely busy when we arrived and was initially told no pitches were left. I thought it was brilliant the way they put me on a mobile home site instead and hitched me up to the electricity. They then charged me off peak rate without me asking. 56€ a night for 2 adults and 3 kids.
    Site is good but not typical of Castels as quite hectic.
    Great for rockpooling but no real sand on beach. Town of Croisic is amazing and a fishlovers paradise. Reminded me of St Martin de Re.
    Pools on site are what gains them 5 stars. Excelent inside and out.
    If you do choose to go, make sure you drive the coastal road for some nice views.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

here2surf wrote: »
    Stayed there last Monday and Tuesday night. 22nd/23rd.
    Extremely busy when we arrived and was initially told no pitches were left. I thought it was brilliant the way they put me on a mobile home site instead and hitched me up to the electricity. They then charged me off peak rate without me asking. 56€ a night for 2 adults and 3 kids.
    Site is good but not typical of Castels as quite hectic.
    Great for rockpooling but no real sand on beach. Town of Croisic is amazing and a fishlovers paradise. Reminded me of St Martin de Re.
    Pools on site are what gains them 5 stars. Excelent inside and out.
    If you do choose to go, make sure you drive the coastal road for some nice views.

Sounds wonderful- we'll definitely give it a try. If you have any other recommendations feel free to share- we are 2 adults & 3 children also.

Thank you for responding :)

Advertisement