Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cheap hairdresser for highlights

Options
  • 30-06-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone knows a reasonably priced hairdresser. I want to get a half/full head for my night out. Smashed broke at the moment and dont see any deals on at the moment :( cant afford to pay in the hundreds. Looking for anywhere in city centre, or dublin 3,5, 9 areas havent had colour done in 10 wks so needs a colour badly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Fame on Georges Street, or would you consider trying one of the asian or polish/ Eastern European hairdresser on Parnell Street or Talbot Street, I've used a few and found them to be good and a lot cheaper than your typical Peter Marks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Gillapino what ones would you reccomend? I went to an Eastern European one once on the quays and they wrecked my hair was like straw not saying every hairdresser is like that but got my fingers burnt (or should I say hair) and was wary ever since. Willing to try again if I get a good reccommendation though.

I'd recommend Fame on Georges Street and Tian Du, they have a few places in Dublin one on Talbot St. and one on Capel St. I've been to the one on Talbot St a few times and find them great, good prices and friendly and really took the time to make sure they knew what i wanted! Also my friend goes to the Eastern European place opposite the Epicurean food hall on Liffey Street. I've been in once or twice with her and the staff are really friendly and its always seems busy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

gillapino wrote: »
    I'd recommend Fame on Georges Street and Tian Du, they have a few places in Dublin one on Talbot St. and one on Capel St. I've been to the one on Talbot St a few times and find them great, good prices and friendly and really took the time to make sure they knew what i wanted! Also my friend goes to the Eastern European place opposite the Epicurean food hall on Liffey Street. I've been in once or twice with her and the staff are really friendly and its always seems busy enough!

I think Fame closed down a while back.

Ah I see! Haven't been there in a lil while! My sister sometimes goes to the one on Bray which is run by the same people! Well then Id definitely recommend Tian Du and the Eastern European one on Liffey street!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Think the hairdresser in Rathgar (the one beside Howard's Way) had a sign in their window for full head plus cut and blow dry for €99. Seemed like good value to me but don't get highlights anymore so not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks but little far out for me looking for city centre or north dublin doesnt seem to be many deals on groupon, deal page etc in the last few months :( might check out Talbot St

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

miss choc wrote: »
    Thanks but little far out for me looking for city centre or north dublin doesnt seem to be many deals on groupon, deal page etc in the last few months :( might check out Talbot St

I literally just saw the locations after I posted. Sorry op. Have you thought of the schools? I went to Robert chambers academy on grafton street before and thought they were excellent, like as good as a regular hairdresser and the customer service was better. I think they're on Liffey st too and there's another place called global hair academy on Thomas street

Advertisement