Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commotion down by Capel St Bridge

Options
  • 30-06-2013 11:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The gardai and fire brigade were down by Capel Street bridge there a while ago and the lifeboat was called too. Someone obviously fell/jumped in, anyone down that way and see what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

Not sure what was going but siren and helicopter still around

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nope thats something else happening, just seen them flying down the quays there and the helicopter heading southside. Busy night for them

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Living near Francis st. and the helicopter and a load of sirens can be heard for the last 5 mins or so. Don't know from where exactly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

A load of squad cars past 4 mins ago around the Pimlico area

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No idea what's going on but the commotion just woke me up in Dublin 8. Sirens and helicopters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

About 10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jewswella

I'm living on harcourt street and the helicopter is circling right above our apartment. There is also a serious amount of sirens going down Camden street... Anyone know what's going on???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

According to a tweet I just read, a car is being chased by the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Axwell wrote: »
    ....Capel Street bridge...
    Grattan Bridge. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

I do know a Mercedes passed Kevin street flats being chased, supposedly cars coming from the keys to join in, not to mention every car out of Kevin street Garda station.

I'd say around 20 cars went up cork street with the sirens on. I'm just at cork street and can still faintly hear the chopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I wonder what happened.

Obviously! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Lux23 wrote: »
    I wonder what happened.

Obviously! :)

I'm pretty sure there will be ATLEAST one person shot/dead in the news tomorrow.

I have seen cars getting chased, but not by ATLEAST 20 Garda cars and the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Smashed up undercover garda car on Harcourt St just outside Coppers, supposedly the Merc was cornered but managed to get away. Rumours in Cassidys on Camden St were someone was shot dead outside the Bleeding Horse then it was a robbery, but neither were true, but the whole of that junction was blocked off for a time supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GuBro

Did anyone ever find out what this was about? There's nothing on the news yet, which is strange as about 12 Garda units also sped down Thomas St. at this time, so it must have been something major with that many Gardai from all over town involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah it was bonkers out on Thomas Street for a bit last night, just as I was falling asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe whatever it was is still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gigtown

I saw a Gold Mercedes Benz with a UK reg on Camden St surrounded by Garda units. Had clearly been in a collision. Some conflicting reports here now, but I saw that one with my own eyes. Man that helicopter is loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gigtown

Also saw 10-15 Garda Cars, but only as they were dispersing after whatever event unfolded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Actually, you would be amazed the amount of comotion that's caused by a car chase. Especially if it's in heavy populated area such as town.

Probably just a standard stolen car / joy rider chase, but yes, those chases are scary and it feels like they're desperately trying to stop chuck norris from making it to the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Actually, you would be amazed the amount of comotion that's caused by a car chase. Especially if it's in heavy populated area such as town.

Probably just a standard stolen car / joy rider chase, but yes, those chases are scary and it feels like they're desperately trying to stop chuck norris from making it to the president.

It does seem a bit OTT I've seen chases up North but they'd never involve that many cars. Maybe they consider it a security risk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement