Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers in Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking for one place to buy my meat from as at the moment it's from a couple of butchers plus some supermarkets. I like Fallon & Byrne but find it to be a little on the expensive side and rarely has any offers on. FX Buckley, on the other hand, has numerous offers but I don't find their cuts to be, um, as tasty.

So I'm looking for a butcher's that has a good selection and has the odd deal on (and when I say deal I mean 10 chicken fillets for €10, or something to that effect). And is based in the city centre. Looking to spend roughly €30 p/w on meat but just wondering if there's better options than the two above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

C&N Meats Ltd. on Meath St is were I go, near the top of Meath St just across from Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Perhaps these guys are what you're after? Haven't used them myself but countless good reviews on boards. Have shops to drop into or they deliver: http://www.dublinmeatcompany.com/about/shop-locations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's another butchers on Moore St just up from FX Buckley called Troy's. I imagine a lot of people pass them by in favour of Buckleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Peakin's, Leonard's corner/SCR...you can mention my name, or Robert :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Aard wrote: »
    There's another butchers on Moore St just up from FX Buckley called Troy's. I imagine a lot of people pass them by in favour of Buckleys.
    And that their window signage advertises "Becon" as a new and exciting meat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

It's definitely something that there's a market for in the South City Centre around the Grafton St - South George St area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

C&N Meats Ltd. on Meath St is were I go, near the top of Meath St just across from Paddy Power.

We tend to use Fayes, just up around the corner on Thomas Street. Great deals in there, and a fine selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

snappieT wrote: »
    Perhaps these guys are what you're after? Haven't used them myself but countless good reviews on boards. Have shops to drop into or they deliver: http://www.dublinmeatcompany.com/about/shop-locations.html

Deals galore there, like that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Doyle Bros on Pearse St are good. They are my local butcher and all their meat is from their own farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Bradys butchers on/just off Dorset st is brillant. Most of the butchers are Brazilian so they actually know how to properly cut the meat and by the look of it, they buy the whole carcas and cut it.

Theyre prices are pretty good but the meat is excellent. Their 80/90 cent burgers are far better than ones you buy €1,50 for raw. The only problem is except long queues on the weekend. Also they have white pudding with pieces of bacon in it which is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

hfallada wrote: »
    Bradys butchers on/just off Dorset st is brillant. Most of the butchers are Brazilian so they actually know how to properly cut the meat and by the look of it, they buy the whole carcas and cut it.

Theyre prices are pretty good but the meat is excellent. Their 80/90 cent burgers are far better than ones you buy €1,50 for raw. The only problem is except long queues on the weekend. Also they have white pudding with pieces of bacon in it which is amazing

What Road is it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Belvidere Road, according to google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Cheers I have just got a longing for white pudding with bacon in it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Doyle Bros on Pearse St are good. They are my local butcher and all their meat is from their own farm.

are they good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

otterj wrote: »
    are they good value?
    Cheaper than Fallon & Byrne and they do some great chicken deals too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

hfallada wrote: »

Do they have pork chops, t bone steaks on the bone? If not does anyone know where does?

Advertisement