Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starter Motor for a Vauxhall Viva HC.....?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Are there any parts companies in Ireland I could ring up to look for this, rather than heading online in the UK or going to an Opel dealership and hoping for the best?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Lucas starter?

Start local? Dick McNamara Auto Electrical Repairs (051) 873551, and work your way out from there if no joy?

I had a remanufactured Ducellier motor for a 1970s car sitting around for some time. I went to put it on a car and overtightened the solenoid nut. Cracked the end cap of the solenoid. Took it to Eddie Balfe of Autostart, Rathcoole and got it back a couple of days later with a replacement solenoid on it.

Any starter / alternator repair place should be able to fix a Joe Lucas starter. Plenty of parts still available for them to complete the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hayster

Euro car parts?

Advertisement