Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it hard to become a Eircom Fibre customer for smart telecom customers ?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi there, i am currently a smart telecom customer and want to change to eircom fibre, i have been told that the transfer is not easy, is this the case, and if that`s not the case could one of the reps here point me in the right direction please.
    I know my street is enabled for fibre as a house 2 doors away is up and running with vodafone, but i cannot do a line check as my smart telecom phone number is not a standard number, finally the product i am looking to get is the Fibre Standalone Broadband unlimited option at 40 euro per month, is this still available.
    many thanks in advance.

apophis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

apophis wrote: »
    Hi there, i am currently a smart telecom customer and want to change to eircom fibre, i have been told that the transfer is not easy, is this the case, and if that`s not the case could one of the reps here point me in the right direction please.
    I know my street is enabled for fibre as a house 2 doors away is up and running with vodafone, but i cannot do a line check as my smart telecom phone number is not a standard number, finally the product i am looking to get is the Fibre Standalone Broadband unlimited option at 40 euro per month, is this still available.
    many thanks in advance.

apophis
    Hi apophis

We really would not be able to offer advice on this from this forum however the efibre team can be contacted on free phone 1800503303.

I dont hink the standalone broadband plan is still available however the efibre team will be able to clarify this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi Alan, just contacted the team on the number you gave and spoke to a very indifferent rep who after i dragged some initial info from, said that standalone broadband is launching on the 15th of this month @ 40 euro per month, could i ask you please to inquire in your capacity as a boards rep to look into this and confirm the info given to me, don`t want to give the name of the guy on the phone maybe he`s having a bad morning, i would appreciate the info as i am heading back to vodafone (which i just cancelled) if standalone is a non runner, all i need is the info i was given to be confirmed,
    many thanks, alan

apophis

Hi Alan, just contacted the team on the number you gave and spoke to a very indifferent rep who after i dragged some initial info from, said that standalone broadband is launching on the 15th of this month @ 40 euro per month, could i ask you please to inquire in your capacity as a boards rep to look into this and confirm the info given to me, don`t want to give the name of the guy on the phone maybe he`s having a bad morning, i would appreciate the info as i am heading back to vodafone (which i just cancelled) if standalone is a non runner, all i need is the info i was given to be confirmed,
    many thanks, alan

apophis
    Ok apophis

I'll look into this and get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Al

Hi Alan, many thanks for the reply, is it possible to get that info today, maybe ring the same number you gave me  : )  (sorry don`t mean to be cheeky),  it seems to be freely available from that department, Don`t want to be a pain, but it is a issue i need to resolve today and decide on a provider, i don`t mind waiting for eircom until the 15th if it can be confirmed, if possible.
    many thanks,

apophis

Hi Alan, many thanks for the reply, is it possible to get that info today, maybe ring the same number you gave me  : )  (sorry don`t mean to be cheeky),  it seems to be freely available from that department, Don`t want to be a pain, but it is a issue i need to resolve today and decide on a provider, i don`t mind waiting for eircom until the 15th if it can be confirmed, if possible.
    many thanks,

apophis
    Hi apophis

I can confirm that eircom have no intention of releasing the standalone efibre package and there are no plans to introduce this anytime soon. I understand from your post that you have been advised incorrectly and I would like to apologise for this.

Al

• Advertisement

MY God, what kind of a company is eircom, i spoke to a guy this morning and was told the 15th for launch of standalone fibre BB, and not 15 minutes ago i rang again to confirm and this time got a woman who told me it would be about the 10th, could you all have a managment and staff meeting and get your stories straight, i will ring again tomorrow, take names and get dates and prices of this no intention launch that according to phone reps is coming online on the 10th and then the 15th, my god is it any wonder eircom have such a bad name as a company.

apophis

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

WHAT???????

I was on the phone earlier and told me it was available for €35 a months with 20gb download limit and €40 with unlimited download.
    Time to get recordings of these calls.

We have a business line and a residential lines at 2 different locations. The residential was going to Vodafone and order with eircom was cancelled in June. We get a text to say to say eircom are coming to install efibre (txt doesn't say at which number). We safely assume its the business as we are moving to Vodafone on the residential. Guess where they turned up???? At the residential address. They installed it at the address as child at home let guy in to carry out the upgrade, all he knew was we were going to be upgraded. Eircom then leave, having removed the ADSL, and no VDSL service in place. Rang them on Saturday, no response, rang today, I was promised a call back before 5pm, here we are at 17.15 and no call back.

I also sent Tracey(eircom) a PM on here on Saturday as she had confirmed the cancellation of the order to the residential address.

Does anyone in the telecoms industry actually care about customer service?

The only thing eircom have going for them is they respond fairly promptly on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mylow wrote: »
    WHAT???????

I was on the phone earlier and told me it was available for €35 a months with 20gb download limit and €40 with unlimited download.
    Time to get recordings of these calls.

We have a business line and a residential lines at 2 different locations. The residential was going to Vodafone and order with eircom was cancelled in June. We get a text to say to say eircom are coming to install efibre (txt doesn't say at which number). We safely assume its the business as we are moving to Vodafone on the residential. Guess where they turned up???? At the residential address. They installed it at the address as child at home let guy in to carry out the upgrade, all he knew was we were going to be upgraded. Eircom then leave, having removed the ADSL, and no VDSL service in place. Rang them on Saturday, no response, rang today, I was promised a call back before 5pm, here we are at 17.15 and no call back.

I also sent Tracey(eircom) a PM on here on Saturday as she had confirmed the cancellation of the order to the residential address.

Does anyone in the telecoms industry actually care about customer service?

The only thing eircom have going for them is they respond fairly promptly on here.

Hi Mylow,

Tracey advised she has PM'd you back this morning.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mylow, may i ask if the info you recieve has anything to do with the "no intention" launch of standalone fibre BB product, that you PM me and let me know the particulars of any products on offer, obviously anything else is none of my business, the reason i ask is that according to "Al" it looks like even though i started this thread my relevance in it seems to have disappeared.
    thanks Mylow,

apophis.

Hi Mylow, may i ask if the info you recieve has anything to do with the "no intention" launch of standalone fibre BB product, that you PM me and let me know the particulars of any products on offer, obviously anything else is none of my business, the reason i ask is that according to "Al" it looks like even though i started this thread my relevance in it seems to have disappeared.
    thanks Mylow,

apophis.

Hi apophis,

At the moment we are only offering duel play (efibre & landline bundles) with the intention of adding triple bundles with e-mobile and later in the year a television service. As such stand alone efibre is not an option available.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
     obviously there is a major miscommunication somewhere, i am just this minute off the phone where a female rep offered me standalone fibre BB of 30GB at 35 euro a month, when i asked her about the guy i spoke to when i rang originally 6 weeks ago about the unlimited offer at 40 euro per month (and gave her his name) she put me on hold, went to inquire and came back and offered to sign me up for it there and then even though it does not come online as a package until end of july, what a company, and because of the possible misinformation and conflicting answers i am getting from this forum and then from phone reps, i did not sign up today, but i told her i would ring back in a few weeks and sign up then, you guys really need to have a staff meeting to sort this out this kind of confusion is really unprofessional and baffles me as a potential customer.

apophis

Just adding this as i got an answer from a post on the general Fibre BB forum from a guy called crawler,

"Standalone fibre broadband launched on May 20th - this is fibre based broadband with no voice element, i.e. you cant make or receive calls unless you use a VOIP service.

Digiweb, Vodafone (Simply broadband), Magnet (fat pipe) all sell it."

Hi Mark,
     obviously there is a major miscommunication somewhere, i am just this minute off the phone where a female rep offered me standalone fibre BB of 30GB at 35 euro a month, when i asked her about the guy i spoke to when i rang originally 6 weeks ago about the unlimited offer at 40 euro per month (and gave her his name) she put me on hold, went to inquire and came back and offered to sign me up for it there and then even though it does not come online as a package until end of july, what a company, and because of the possible misinformation and conflicting answers i am getting from this forum and then from phone reps, i did not sign up today, but i told her i would ring back in a few weeks and sign up then, you guys really need to have a staff meeting to sort this out this kind of confusion is really unprofessional and baffles me as a potential customer.

apophis

Just adding this as i got an answer from a post on the general Fibre BB forum from a guy called crawler,

"Standalone fibre broadband launched on May 20th - this is fibre based broadband with no voice element, i.e. you cant make or receive calls unless you use a VOIP service.

Digiweb, Vodafone (Simply broadband), Magnet (fat pipe) all sell it."

Hi apophis

The answer I have given is the official reply in relation to stand alone efibre. Did you place an order with that agent?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    No i did not sign up but i was asked to, same as Mylow in his post the product was mentioned, this is exactly what i was told and asked, i was told i could sign up for the 30GB standalone fibre bb there and then, but if i wanted to i could sign for the unlimited and get it at the end of july, or wait until the end of july and call back,
    even though the girl said if i wanted to change over to eircom now i could, and go on standard BB at no extra charge and then transfer to the standalone fibre when it comes online as an offer.
    This is information i have been given on a constant ongoing basis every time i ring and from different phone rep`s as far back as my initial call over 6 weeks ago, so there is a conflict somewhere, as an experiment i will call again tomorrow and record the phone call as you yourselves do to have a record of what is being said.

apophis

Hi Mark,
    No i did not sign up but i was asked to, same as Mylow in his post the product was mentioned, this is exactly what i was told and asked, i was told i could sign up for the 30GB standalone fibre bb there and then, but if i wanted to i could sign for the unlimited and get it at the end of july, or wait until the end of july and call back,
    even though the girl said if i wanted to change over to eircom now i could, and go on standard BB at no extra charge and then transfer to the standalone fibre when it comes online as an offer.
    This is information i have been given on a constant ongoing basis every time i ring and from different phone rep`s as far back as my initial call over 6 weeks ago, so there is a conflict somewhere, as an experiment i will call again tomorrow and record the phone call as you yourselves do to have a record of what is being said.

apophis
    HI apophis

Again I apologise for the disinformation you are getting form the different channels.

I have been advised the only packages available for customers looking to connect to efibre are:

https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/

The online offers are available for new customers so that is the preferable way to place the order if the service is available at the address.

Thanks, Mark

Hi again Mark, so if i phone CS again today or tomorrow and i am offered to sign up for the package again, is it my placew to advise your staff that i cannot do so as the offer they are making to me is a non runner, or do i sign up and force the issue down the line, by claiming i was signed up illegally to a package that according to some staff exists, but to others is a viable plan.

what a way to run a company, really confusing for anyone who wants to consider turning to Eircom.

thanks anyway mark, as i said i will ring again and no doubt i will be back here with the same old inaccurate info from some phone rep.

apophis

Hi again Mark, so if i phone CS again today or tomorrow and i am offered to sign up for the package again, is it my placew to advise your staff that i cannot do so as the offer they are making to me is a non runner, or do i sign up and force the issue down the line, by claiming i was signed up illegally to a package that according to some staff exists, but to others is a viable plan.

what a way to run a company, really confusing for anyone who wants to consider turning to Eircom.

thanks anyway mark, as i said i will ring again and no doubt i will be back here with the same old inaccurate info from some phone rep.

apophis

Hi apophis

No problem, I have been also advised the efibre sales team have been advised of the same.

Thanks, Mark

They must not be listening to whoever is advising them, i just this minute got my son to ring from a different number he lives in a different area of our town, and guess what, he was offered to sign up for standalone fibre unlimited BB at 40 euro per month now today, the end of july thing is not mentioned ha ha, and they wanted him to commit there and then.
    I think i will sign up, once it`s done it`s a contract so eircom will have to stick to it, what the hell if nothing else it will be a laugh sorting it out.

Its funny in an ironic way, or is it ironic in a funny way, not sure, confused myself.

apophis

After making another call (as a personal satisfaction exercise), and getting offered the unlimited fibre only BB pack at 40 euro even though this time i actually TOLD the person on the other end of the phone that numerous online forum eircom reps warned me of the non existence of this deal, i was still offered to sign up, WOW.

As i stated in an earlier post i think its time to be realistic and head back to the lesser of two evils.

apapohis

Advertisement