Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

PauloMN wrote: »
    Next Sunday. Tomorrow is Sunday. ;-)

Oh yeah sorry I've no idea the days of the week when I'm in holidays 😠so we have a week at least to look forward to so. Good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

And that was countrywide.

No hideouts for heat haters like me.:(

YOu'll have to do like I saw them at in the US, grab a deck chair, hat, and umbrella and sit submerged in the nearest lake or the sea with the umbrella shading you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cloud making its way to most of the country by now, hasnt done much to affect the warmth though here in Dublin 15, 22.8 C and a light variable breeze

Evelyn showed a graphic of 29C for Sun 14th July but mentioned verbally that 30 was likely to be topped. overnight lows 14 or 15. No real sign of the spell breaking down even at that stage so the all time record comes into play, will we see 33.3 beaten at Mullingar or Oak Park?

Its been a good few years since we will have experienced an extended spell like this so keep the pets as well as the kids and older people well hydrated, the effects of dehydration can be gradual and subtle but very harmful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

PauloMN wrote: »
    29C forecasted for next Sun just there on 6pm RTE news.

Thats a long way off and based on last night's ECM run. I think we could get 29 before then though, but some models are showing the high to weaken next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Cloud making its way to most of the country by now, hasnt done much to affect the warmth though here in Dublin 15, 22.8 C and a light variable breeze

Evelyn showed a graphic of 29C for Sun 14th July but mentioned verbally that 30 was likely to be topped. overnight lows 14 or 15. No real sign of the spell breaking down even at that stage so the all time record comes into play, will we see 33.3 beaten at Mullingar or Oak Park?

Its been a good few years since we will have experienced an extended spell like this so keep the pets as well as the kids and older people well hydrated, the effects of dehydration can be gradual and subtle but very harmful

Sunny with no clouds still in waterford ... :) this is good and hopefully will keep up for the next few days. .. anyone got longterm (3-4 weeks) prediction for temps in portugal as I see they are boiling in 40s now which is way too hot imo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Been gorgeous here in Firhouse SW Dublin for all of today (about 24C I reckon) but it did cloud over at about 7pm...but it's still really warm.

All windows and doors open and amazingly it's not cold! Or even cool!

Bring on the 2006 weather!!!

I only love snow and hot weather.

Leahyl - good to see you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Have been in west Clare all day and it is cool and the cloud has not lifted at all :(

Not sure if it is some coastal thing but hoping I'll see some blue sky tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Have been in west Clare all day and it is cool and the cloud has not lifted at all :(

Not sure if it is some coastal thing but hoping I'll see some blue sky tomorrow!

Prepare for disappointment. The sunny southeast should see the only bit sunshine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Been gorgeous here in Firhouse SW Dublin for all of today (about 24C I reckon) but it did cloud over at about 7pm...but it's still really warm.

All windows and doors open and amazingly it's not cold! Or even cool!

Bring on the 2006 weather!!!

I only love snow and hot weather.

Leahyl - good to see you back!

Sure I never left Wine Goddess, always keeping an eye so I am ;-)

Hope you're living up to your username this fine weather :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Prepare for disappointment. The sunny southeast should see the only bit sunshine tomorrow.

Here was me thinking all of us were cloud free today.... is their a radar to view cloud cover live???

• Advertisement

jo06555 wrote: »
    Here was me thinking all of us were cloud free today.... is their a radar to view cloud cover live???

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Raining in Galway..where is the heatwave?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

snubbleste wrote: »
    Raining in Galway..where is the heatwave?!

Patience my child, patience!

This is going to be the summer version of "will it snow in limerick at 3:30 on Tuesday?" isn't it? :rolleyes::p

This is going to be the summer version of "will it snow in limerick at 3:30 on Tuesday?" isn't it? :rolleyes::p

Aaaw I loved those days :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

The cloud is finally beginning to break here in Cork, should be a nice end to the evening. Temperatures reached 22C here today, hopefully it should climb even higher tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

leahyl wrote: »
    Aaaw I loved those days :-P

It was lovely unless you lived here within the impenetrable snow force-field! Day after day of watching snow showers fizzle up as they reached they suburbs of Cork City. Ugh! :rolleyes::D

It was lovely unless you lived here within the impenetrable snow force-field! Day after day of watching snow showers fizzle up as they reached they suburbs of Cork City. Ugh! :rolleyes::D

I'm from Cork too sure!! We still got our days in the snow though ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

On cue, to round up a miserable day the mist and fog roll in. Glad to see some of you had a nice day.

NW Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh forgot that with a heatwave we get temps in high teens at night. i'm melting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

In Skerries at the bike racing today and it was unbroken sunshine all day long, burnt to a crisp now though:rolleyes:

Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Sunny all day and like 22 degress in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Still 22c in Oak Park @9pm, 21c in Casement, 20c in Dunsany. Impressive stuff :)

So mild tonight!!! 19c at 10.20 at night! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

There's a lot of cloud out in the Atlantic heading our way. This chart has me a little worried, I can see more cloud around than expected, hope I'm wrong.

fax96s.gif?06-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Serious Question Alert?? Any chance of Snow this week. Weigh in guys

It might be a bit cloudy tomorrow alright...

13070712_0612.gif

Looking better from Monday onwards obviously, but even then you shouldn't be expecting the entire country to be cloud free for the rest of the week because that won't happen either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still 20C outside, you can feel the heat on the walls of the house outside. for once we could do with air conditioning tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll all be over by next Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

mike65 wrote: »
    It'll all be over by next Monday.
    Monday,so it was a one day event :eek:;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement