Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Will be heading to Waterford for the day. What are conditions like down there at the moment?

Check the webcam on my site for live conditions but currently its roasting and partly cloudy. Temp 23.1c

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxwebcam.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The coastal breeze is just starting to be felt, thank goodness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Gorgeous day in Co Wexford. Temp currently 21 degrees, in a warm breeze!
    Long may it continue!

View of the Great Saltee islands in the back ground from Cullenstown Strand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Cloudy & 17c in Dublin
    Nothing to see here,move along,actually could we close the thread until we've some sun :P:D
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

100% cloud cover in east Galway. Same as yesterday. Really looking forward to tomorrow and the start of our heat wave here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

All the forecasts are fantastic but all mention a risk of coastal cloud and sea fog not lifting.

I'm off for the week down on the coast in west Clare and I've been very excited about getting some beautiful days on the beach. Currently it is very grey and misty here and I'm not too confident about it getting any better :(

I am in west Clare too, it's cloudy but the mist from earlier is gone. It's very warm and dry, and feels quite humid.

Happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Cork, Kerry, Waterford and Wexford the places to be as expected (and Ulster which wasn't expected)
    IMBY time: clear skies spreading from Ulster into north Leinster and heading towards the Metropolis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Clouded up a bit more here now, but still really pleasent to sit out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Glorious down here in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Not sure what part of Wexford you are all in but here in town it's 100% cloud cover and a bit depressing to be honest. Hopefully that will soon start to burn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Cloud disintegrating fast over most of the country now so expect lots of reports of hot sun soon. Still overcast here but I'm in the garden in shorts and it's nice and warm and not a breath of wind. Bang on 20c so when the sun appears, it could well be the warmest day of the year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    Cloud disintegrating fast over most of the country now so expect lots of reports of hot sun soon. Still overcast here but I'm in the garden in shorts and it's nice and warm and not a breath of wind. Bang on 20c so when the sun appears, it could well be the warmest day of the year

Ditto here. 20.0c atm, cloudy, but lovely out and have been sitting out for the last while in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Cracker of a morning in Costa del Waterford.

Its very cloudy atm do you think it will clear up soon as I was planning on beach??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

just finishing our holiday in Essex. Yesterday the car showed 31c at 16.00. Driving back now, in midlands (UK) and 27c. Not a cloud to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

100% cloud cover here since around 5am. Very cool too with the sea breeze. No sun or heatwave here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

100% cloud cover here since around 5am. Very cool too with the sea breeze. No sun or heatwave here.

Cloud will clear in the next hour, prepare for it to get hot ! :pac:

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Cloud will clear in the next hour, prepare for it to get hot ! :pac:

What about waterford? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

jo06555 wrote: »
    What about waterford? ?

Take a look !

http://sat24.com/en/gb

t|nt|n wrote: »

Im in waterford city . Very warm but nothing but cloud as far as eye can see , no sign of sun bteaking through yet anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ah darn it getting very cloudy in cork city now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Clouds finally being burnt off in north Dublin feels very warm......and there's the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Clouds finally being burnt off in north Dublin feels very warm......and there's the sun

hope it makes it down this part. fed up with the kids to put back up the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

25C in Moorepark there at 1pm, they could beat the last 5 years by 5pm!

20 here in Dublin 15 atm, cloudy but very thin the brightness is increasing all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Still extremely cloudy in Galway, think November kinda cloudy, it is warmer than yesterday but nothing exceptional ATM.

Seems to be lot of cloud cover now around! has things changed for clearing up for most of country??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Castlebar has thick cloud cover all morning no sign of breaking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull from horizon to horizon since late morning here in Waterford CIty. I hope I breaks by night or its going to be hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I know most people like this type of weather but not me, I can't stand anything over 20C and hay fever is a big issue. Roll on the autumn and then my fav season winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Sunny with high cloud in Dundalk, my car hit 29 degrees and I have sunburn from fishing yesterday. I'm tapping out it so warm!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

big dissapointment here too, just a normal cloudy day, about 20C, no sign of the clouds breaking up either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement