Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

The sun's peering through in Ashbourne. About fúcking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

ME said last night that the North would have cloud and drizzle today but looking at the satellite they have clear skies a lot of the Country is covered in cloud of some description

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mike65 wrote: »
    Dull from horizon to horizon since late morning here in Waterford CIty. I hope I breaks by night or its going to be hell!

Glorious sunshine between city and dunmore. Heading to beach for some sea breeze hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

After a dull start there are some good breaks in the cloud and temps a very pleasant 22.7C in Galway city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun just starting poke through the clouds now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    It'll all be over by next Monday.

Just had a peek into the "unknowable" and it suddenly looks like a Greenland low pressure that was heading our way will be steered away by sustained HP which could build back strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dazzling sunshine in cork city again - it's ROASTING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

leahyl wrote: »

Cork is an especially nice place when the weather is good. :)
    Meanwhile, here in Meath the sun is finally getting through properly. Apart from 15 minutes of sun early this morning the day has been entirely overcast up to now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun has appeared here now in the last half hour. 22.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

leahyl wrote: »

About 24C here now (was actually a bit warmer under the cloud!) Brilliant weather. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...(was actually a bit warmer under the cloud!) Brilliant weather. :)

Funnily enough. Temp got up to 22.6c here just before the cloud cleared. Now mostly clear and sunny...21.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fermoy and Cork Airport coming out best today according to Pat Clarke on Rte Radio 1 weather there "andmost places can look forward to their hottest day of the year tomorrow,so far"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

22.9 with A light breeze ... lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

beautiful here at the butt of the galtees, reminecent of majorca last august, except i do not have to shell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seatrump

I briefly considered taking my sweater off here in West Co. Galway but then I went outside and got some sense. Chilly, overcast and misty outside. Car says it's 19c. I guess the shorts I bought in 1974 don't need to be dusted off just yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

How long is this weather said to last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How long is this weather said to last for?

Until MT says otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

After watching Siobhan on the 6 o'clock news I have decided that my two favorite words in the English language are "blocking " and "high"

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

What a turnaround. The grey skies started to disappear mid morning and by 1.00pm the sun was peeking through. The temperature has continued to rise and the sun is continuing to shine. 23.7 degrees presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh.. I hope it lasts after I get home on the 17th! and into longitude weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

cracking day in Athenry today! burnt to a crisp on the golf course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just back from a run in the lee fields - absolutely stunning evening! It's so warm still, so was tough going!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

praisethesun-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

praisethesun-1.png

Jesus Maq, spare a thought for me, I go aroung in the snow in a tshirt, imagine my discomfort at the moment ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Jesus Maq, spare a thought for me, I go aroung in the snow in a tshirt, imagine my discomfort at the moment ! :eek:

I know how you feel. I am dreading work tomorrow. I placed a digital thermometer in the office and with the air con on it reached 40C.

It will be hell with a full length shirt on. Can't wait for November when it gets comfortable to work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Highest temp today was 25.3 in Cork according to ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

The thick cloud has finally broken up in Castlebar now that the sun is setting!! I am hopeful it stays clear for tmrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

22.9 with A light breeze ... lovely

the thingy in one of the family cars said 30 deg here at the butt of the galtees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nice warm and sunny evening in Donegal though sea fog very close by. Could be up to 29C tomorrow if this is accurate..

gbk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sea Fog rolling in from the North here in Castlebar, making it go dark quite fast. Very rare to see that so far inland,well here anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement