Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will we get an all time irish record this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Spent all day hearing and reading about how fabulous it was down in Kerry for todays match...watching the highlights and its completely cloudy and dull.

Never trust a Munster persons weather report. :D:D

Ah it must have clouded over for the game I guess! :P

What a forecast there on the nine news. Fantastic!

I gotta get my hands on a thermometer, it's definitely much warmer now than during today. Horribly sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

I gotta get my hands on a thermometer, it's definitely much warmer now than during today. Horribly sticky.

Sligo got 23.2c today at weathergossip location and 23 in markree also, castlebar where I was got 22c at 6pm but cloudy

In Sligo temperature went from 22c to 17c in evening due to sea fog. This may be an issue but 29c is my guess for tip temp this week, probably in south or southwest

pauldry wrote: »
    Sligo got 23.2c today at weathergossip location and 23 in markree also, castlebar where I was got 22c at 6pm but cloudy

In Sligo temperature went from 22c to 17c in evening due to sea fog. This may be an issue but 29c is my guess for tip temp this week, probably in south or southwest

I'm on the east coast and apparently it got to 23 today and is now down to 15. Sure doesn't feel like it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Surprised by certain posters longing for winter and complaining about the heat. I understand your discomfort but it all seriousness come on when do we ever get weather like this. Soak it up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Was out wesht for the weeked. Today was lovely. How long can we expect this to go on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Weathering wrote: »
    Surprised by certain posters longing for winter and complaining about the heat. I understand your discomfort but it all seriousness come on when do we ever get weather like this. Soak it up

If you don't like surprises, stay away from After Hours. Lots of people moaning over there about the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

wish it wwas like this all year round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If this turns into 1995 then you'll be sorry! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

fryup wrote: »
    will we get an all time irish record this week??

Not a chance.

Weathering wrote: »

I don't mind it during the day but at night when leaving a window open means all kinds of everything crawling and flying into the house it's another thing. And it's not like there's lovely sunshine to enjoy at night either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MadYaker wrote: »
    Was out wesht for the weeked. Today was lovely. How long can we expect this to go on for?

At the moment, it looks like lasting until around next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

At the moment, it looks like lasting until around next weekend.

And after next weekend how are the charts looking? I know it's way too early to be certain but could it possibly continue into the following week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

leahyl wrote: »
    And after next weekend how are the charts looking? I know it's way too early to be certain but could it possibly continue into the following week?

Well yeah it's too early to say, but deep FI looks like high pressure won't be going too far away from us, so maybe a period of a little less warmer weather and then a return to warmer days again before too long is possible.

I'm not really lookin that far ahead though. Just going to enough this week first!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

John.Icy wrote: »
    Spent all day hearing and reading about how fabulous it was down in Kerry for todays match...watching the highlights and its completely cloudy and dull.

Never trust a Munster persons weather report. :D:D

Ah it must have clouded over for the game I guess! :P

What a forecast there on the nine news. Fantastic!

it was sunny up until the game :P but trust me, during the game it was absolutely boiling, if it was sunny on top of it I wouldn't have stuck it :O

Anyone know of a website or something that shows all the max temps of the previous day, in different parts of the country? (If that makes any sense :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

123 LC wrote: »
    it was sunny up until the game :P but trust me, during the game it was absolutely boiling, if it was sunny on top of it I wouldn't have stuck it :O

Anyone know of a website or something that shows all the max temps of the previous day, in different parts of the country? (If that makes any sense :P)

This script loads from a free server and isn't cached so will be slow but gives the max temp during last 24hrs

http://www.weatherinireland.com/p/todays-weather-extremes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Haven't posted in a while as my wife and I had a double delivery recently and hands are, literally, rather full. Stunner of a day here today. Tonight roasting too. have one of those gro egg room thermometers in cot and can get room down to 21c if I open the window full but it jumps to 24c everytime I close the window. also had a car reading (yeah, I know) of 31c at 6pm. never seen that before in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Sea Fog rolling in from the North here in Castlebar, making it go dark quite fast. Very rare to see that so far inland,well here anyway!

Same here, the horizon was starting to mist up just before sunset. Quite eerie-I've only ever seen it like that at dawn before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I don't mind it during the day but at night when leaving a window open means all kinds of everything crawling and flying into the house it's another thing. And it's not like there's lovely sunshine to enjoy at night either.

Yeah, I'm watching six tiny moths fluttering around the table lamp as I write and our local friendly stray tom cat tried to climb in the top of the kitchen window to get at my lot's food half an hour ago. Still at least there's no midges-yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

for once i love living in tramore! having lived away from the beach for some time i now fully appreciate being able to get out of bed, pick up the picnic basket and walk down to the beach for the day, its almost like living on holidays! except someone needs to go shopping and theres no little woman coming in and cleaning the apartment, real life stuff in good weather like this is just a pain! its hitting over 20 here and people are having to go in to the sea for a swim just to cool down, while the water is not at med temperatures yet, it is still providing for nice swimming conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

don't get me wrong i'm thrilled with this weather, but i would have loved it even more if i was living down in youghal again this year. darn it.

oh well :D:D may this heatwave last for a while longer. loving the sunshine. topping up my tan so at least i won't look like a milk bottle when i got to spain at the end of august

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't posted in a while as my wife and I had a double delivery recently and hands are, literally, rather full. Stunner of a day here today. Tonight roasting too. have one of those gro egg room thermometers in cot and can get room down to 21c if I open the window full but it jumps to 24c everytime I close the window. also had a car reading (yeah, I know) of 31c at 6pm. never seen that before in Ireland.

Congratulations man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Washout wrote: »
    wish it wwas like this all year round

i don't, its too hot

couldn't sleep last night:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

fryup wrote: »
    i don't, its too hot

couldn't sleep last night:o

Same, ah sure it will get cold soon and I can hunt for snow again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I can understand when people can't sleep on holidays in the canaries or whatever becuase 29c at night after being in the high 30s all day is unbearable.

But 22c in Ireland? Cmon lads kick the blanket off or something.. It's not THAT bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its the humidity that makes it more uncomfortable, I was just out running there and the humidity was quite high my sweat wasn't evaporating much at all. Not a nice feeling.

In spain or the Canaries if its 30 degrees, the humidity would be very low, this would be a far more comfortable for people to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The heat is well and truly on! 23 at 10am in few spots, 30c is not impossible today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

baraca wrote: »
    I can understand when people can't sleep on holidays in the canaries or whatever becuase 29c at night after being in the high 30s all day is unbearable.

But 22c in Ireland? Cmon lads kick the blanket off or something.. It's not THAT bad.

Air conditioning probably helps. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Its the humidity that makes it more uncomfortable, I was just out running there and the humidity was quite high my sweat wasn't evaporating much at all. Not a nice feeling.

In spain or the Canaries if its 30 degrees, the humidity would be very low, this would be a far more comfortable for people to deal with

The humidity in the Canaries is unreal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement