Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Its so humid in north cork! hazy sunshine but very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think we have peaked here at 27.8c (Mayo), it seems to be stationary now. Glorious, but very humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

waiting on the 4pm reports from MET.ie now. sweating just standing up in Cork with 70 + humidity! Weather is Rocking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why cant we ever get this at weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Thargor, it was pretty much like this Saturday and Sunday?? granted a bit warmer now but weather was pretty damn nice at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

28C in Limerick - glorious blue sky. Went outside for 5 minutes at 4pm; It felt pleasantly Mediterranean but not oppressive - probably due to the 54% humidity.
    Feels like a different country!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sat out for only half an hour at lunch and I'm already a light shade of brown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor, it was pretty much like this Saturday and Sunday?? granted a bit warmer now but weather was pretty damn nice at the weekend
    Not in Galway, pissing down mist all Saturday then dull on Sunday, sun comes out as I hop on a Citylink back to Dublin, now sitting in a greenhouse of an office thinking about taking a year off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why can't I stand 29 degrees now but 36+ was bearable in Spain last year?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Humidity I'd suggest?

24.2c here atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Humidity is quite a bit higher here!

Edit: What DOCARCH said.

Oh and....

cK1eEyL.png

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

Shannon and Carlow both @28 and 6 more at 27. stunning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Humidity is quite a bit higher here!

Edit: What DOCARCH said.

Oh and....

cK1eEyL.png

:O

What does that map mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It's 23 C here in swords co. Dublin but very humid, i could never manage the humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

ahh, didnt realise Galway got it bad over the weekend. Certainly making up for it now even if many of us are not getting the opportunity to enjoy it !!! killer looking out in the direction of phoenix park. Bet the animals at the African plains of Dublin zoo are loving this ! The snowy owl on the other hand is probably in a world of pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Waterford city high of 26.3°C today. Not too shabby given the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Absolutely scorching go Galway city. Dunno if we'll be able for soccer training this evening!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What does that map mean?

It means it's 'melting' in Ireland...just another normal summers day in the rest of Europe. :p

24.0c here atm. High so far of 24.4c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max so far in Galway City 28.6C at 16.36pm - toasty :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

28 at the Oak Park Met Eireann station.

+4 warmer than what this morning's GFS was showing for that area at 3pm.

Coastal breeze is not as... breezy as it was expected to be. As matter of fact it's by and large completely calm with the odd flow of warm air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

994522_419399274840864_433698892_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

I know car temperature readings aren't the most accurate but it would be interesting to see what readings people are getting in their cars around the country this week.

This was in Galway City today..

Car-Temp-Pic-2_zps73526b6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

It really is the humidity that makes it unbearable.

Walking round death valley was much more enjoyable because its a completely dry heat.

Although, I don't think its too bad at the minute. Now here in Swords anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Surely the irish govt will announce a temporary siesta from 12 -4? never felt such dead heat in this island and i'm not moving too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The humidities aren't actually that high, most stations are reporting in the 50 and 60 percents with their high temperatures

E.g. Shannon Airport, 28C, 51% - real feel on the heat index is 29 C

Finner Camp, 24C, 72% - real feel on the heat index is still 24C

Temperatures below 24C are not really accentuated by high humidity so they dont 'feel' much different

All you are getting folks is good honest warmth.......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Siesta should be mandatory regardless of weather.

Humidity set to rise over the coming days though.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The humidities aren't actually that high, most stations are reporting in the 50 and 60 percents with their high temperatures

Yeah but look at somewhere like Seville...39c with a RH of 11% atm.

Probably feels more comfortable there than in Shannon at 28c and a RH of 56%.

Cooling down here now. 23.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

So is it really the dew point you need to look at the determine the real feel?

The dew points seem a bit higher in mayo alright 20c in newport, im heading that way this evening, might be tough sleeping tonight.
    5 places at 28c on the met eireann site at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has anyone got the link to that sea temperature website? for irish coastal waters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement