Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

"Latest on #summer: Castlederg, N Ireland, is currently today's hot spot, with 29.5C, closely followed by Solent (29.4C)."

Taken from the BBC weather twitter account,
    here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

fryup wrote: »
    has anyone got the link to that sea temperature website? for irish coastal waters

Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Thanks. How accurate could that be? It says 13.9c for most of the south west of Ireland, then jumps to 14.4 around the corner in Bantry Bay.

The water in sheltered bays probably goes up far higher than 13.9c in the right conditions.
    Im guessing some pockets of shallow sea water could be about 18c in places during this heat wave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Thanks. How accurate could that be? It says 13.9c for most of the south west of Ireland, then jumps to 14.4 around the corner in Bantry Bay.

The water in sheltered bays probably goes up far higher than 13.9c in the right conditions.
    Im guessing some pockets of shallow sea water could be about 18c in places during this heat wave.

Here are some buoy reports from Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

28 at the Oak Park Met Eireann station.

+4 warmer than what this morning's GFS was showing for that area at 3pm.

I think temperature maps on the models over push the effect of a sea breeze for the east tbh. I'm direct west of the Wicklow mountains so I wouldn't feel the effects of the sea breeze on temps as much as the weather maps suggest, probably the same story for Carlow.

Been a lovely day here today, oak park is my closest metE station so it's been a hot one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Just came across this and it made me laugh most of them are so true. :D

15 signs it's nearly too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Claremorris and Shannon still reporting 28 degrees at 7pm.

There will be a lot of kickin off the bedsheets tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Haven't posted for a while been thinking i have turned into a snow bunny its that long since i posted:pac: ,anyhow stunning weather out,its been good most of the summer but it's dam hard painting house's out doors in it ,the paint was drying on the brush's/rollers as quick as i was spreading it ,charts also look good for an extended spell of it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Great day, temperature reached about 23C here so comfortably cooler than the rest of the country. Almost no cloud for the entire day as well. Lovely. :)

Still 28 at Shannon, at 8pm. Impressive.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Still 28 at Shannon, at 8pm. Impressive.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

So whats your thoughts on how long this will last ?

t|nt|n wrote: »
    So whats your thoughts on how long this will last ?

Looks good until Saturday or Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carljames

seen a van today a "dial a click courier" with a young kid in it,,,couldnt have been more than 6 or 7,,,obviously the guy didnt care the kid was sweltering in the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looks good until Saturday or Sunday. :)

Ha I am one of the few people that wants it to go now ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Reached the dizzy heights of 29.0 at 18:57, 56% humidity, beautiful day am loving it and long may it last/

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Ha I am one of the few people that wants it to go now ! :D

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Not only a year High 26.3c recorded here but also a station record and the Highest temp recorded in Waterford City since July 2006. :)

Current Temp 22.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

It was 24 degrees at 6pm, few clouds came and its back up to 25 degrees on the 7pm observation. Send help, hope it cools a good bit before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

A thing of beauty.
    EUMETSAT_MSG_RGB-airmass-westernEurope.jpg

My PWS temperature reading today. :D:D
    080713.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Just back from a cycle @ SE Mayo. Still absolutely swelters out there! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

26 degrees on the 2100 reports for claremorris....now that's impressive!! and 24 degrees at Knock....close to a record id say for 2100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

26 degrees on the 2100 reports for claremorris....now that's impressive!! and 24 degrees at Knock....close to a record id say for 2100.

I'm near one or maybe both of those stations. ;)

Hence the sweltery bike ride. :P

Humidity rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Humidity rising.

Barometer is getting low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

What a beautiful evening,18c out,sitting in shorts & t shirt on balcony at
    10 o clock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Still 21c in Cork City - the house is absolutely sweltering! Window in my bedroom open - like being on holiday in Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Knock 23 degrees at 2200, yep I read it twice lol. Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just out in the back garden - not a hint of air movement and the aroma from the flowers is lovely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Will be traveling east to west tomorrow and back starting around 6ish in morn will post updates as I travel cross country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

here at the butt of the galtees at 8pm it was starting to cool down a very light breeze from the east and the swallows are trying to cut my ankles as they fly around the field.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement