Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

NinjaK wrote: »
    keep your bedroom door open, makes the bedroom alot cooler

The boogey man will get ya then, bad advice ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

Clemenza wrote: »
    Sick of it already

Impossible to sleep

Just go to bed much later than usual, that will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

few pints and you will sleep like a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top window open and interior door open - creates enough movement to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Pardon me, sun lover, but were not all as enthralled about it for different reasons

Well why don't you go set up a "when will the heat end thread" and let the rest of us enjoy a few weeks of the year when it's not grey, gloomy and cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Sick of it already

Impossible to sleep

Hopefully it won't end until late-September just to prolong your misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Deank wrote: »
    For those of you that missed it.:D

Regarding mt and outer headlands temps..
    I'm 2 miles exactly from the sea.
    The sea breeze started here yesterday around 10 am (same today,it's starting now)
    Its a fair breeze and very cooling.
    Yesterday it kept Arklows temp down to 19c all day despite blue skies.
    That was common all down the east coast with a few exceptions and where a large percentage of people live.

Nice but a whopping 7 degrees colder than Aughrim,just 8 miles inland of me and a really whopping 10 degrees colder than Tullow ,about 20 miles as the crow flies inland.

Of course people in Arklow were still going round complaining of the heat and that it was 28 degrees according to the forecast... :rolleyes:

It was categorically 19c,like many ordinary summer days,the fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Any word on when its due to end?

Sooner the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Sick of it already

Impossible to sleep

Just lie on top of the blankets. Leave a window open. You'll sleep find :-)

I love this weather.. so... :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I walked the full length of Donabate beach and back, feet in the water, between 8.30 and 10pm last night, and between the exercise and sea air I slept like the proverbial log.

It was the most unbelievably gorgeous evening, 20-22 degrees and barely a breath of wind, so personally I'd like weather that gives us that to stick around for a long time. As regards sleeping, find a good way to tire yourself out before bed like I did ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Absolute scorcher out there but temp probably won't rise much more from now as onshore breeze picks up. 20.5c now. Inland stations already at 24c in parts, 30c is surely under threat today.

For me I quite like my 20c with sea breeze on the coast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloud trying to spill down from northwest, I fear sligos heatwave will be over by Thursday

Temp predictions for Sligo

Today 28c
    Wednesday 25c
    Thursday 21c
    Friday 18c
    Saturday 15c drizzle fcuk

South dry for next 2 weeks with drought conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Rightwing wrote: »
    123 LC wrote: »

New Zealand weather guru, Ken Ring, who correctly predicted the current scorcher, says Ireland's balmy summer will continue well into September and we can expect to enjoy Mediterranean-like conditions for the next two months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

NZ weather guru, Ken Ring, who correctly predicted the current scorcher, says Ireland's balmy summer will continue well into September and we can expect to enjoy Mediterranean-like conditions for the next two months.
    Hurrah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

New Zealand weather guru, Ken Ring, who correctly predicted the current scorcher, says Ireland's balmy summer will continue well into September and we can expect to enjoy Mediterranean-like conditions for the next two months.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, I would take what Ken Ring says with a big pinch of salt, MT's daily forecasts are the bible around these here parts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just lie on top of the blankets. Leave a window open. You'll sleep find :-)

I love this weather.. so... :-P

Wish I could do that. Can't leave the window open becuse some neighbour wents on holiday leaving the window open and the alarm keeps going off. Then the birds start singing at 4.30 as well are traffic.

45C in the office yesterday and might reach 50C today.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I must be the only one who sleeps well in the heat. Woke to use the loo once but that was it!

Lucreto wrote: »
    Wish I could do that. Can't leave the window open becuse some neighbour wents on holiday leaving the window open and the alarm keeps going off. Then the birds start singing at 4.30 as well are traffic.

Jaysus, thats shocking heat !

Our air conditioning has me nice and cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Jaysus, thats shocking heat !

Our air conditioning has me nice and cool :cool:

Try wearing a shirt and the canteen is closer to the tin roof.

I got an email saying all fans must be switched off at 4pm and he will inspect each office to make sure. I didn't know that we had air con in the place but you have to stand under is to feel any effect.

Try wearing a shirt and the canteen is closer to the tin roof.

I got an email saying all fans must be switched off at 4pm and he will inspect each office to make sure. I didn't know that we had air con in the place but you have to stand under is to feel any effect.

Shocking......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

You should check the "Room temperature" part of http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Publications/General_Application_Regulations/gen_apps_workplace.pdf so see if your office is in violation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just hit 25.0 at 11.15 am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Up to 26c at 11am in Shannon Air and Newport Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hit a high 26.9c already today

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You'd have to think that some/one station, at least, might break the 30c mark today.

23.1c here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Already 26 C at Shannon airport!! If it stays clear all day the record might be at risk (anyone know what Shannon's record is?). 30C here in Rome with another afternoon of thunder and lightning on the cards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Live temp data here, Tullow, Tattynure and Oranmore have already hit 27 degrees :eek: 30 will definitely be broken today.

http://irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭bilston

29.5C in Castlederg yesterday, just 1.3C shy of the NI hottest record temperature of 30.8C. I wonder if it will get closer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I think we'll see 30 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody got a latest temp for cork? It says 21 on met website but def more than that! Roasting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement