Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jaysis, still 28 at shannon for 8 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

A lot cooler in SE Mayo this evening. 20 degrees ATM. Much more pleasant for exercising TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

And a cool 15 degrees in Belmullet with thickening Fog. Remains very warm and clear here in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I watched BBC NI weather this evening. The guy said Thursday could very well break NI highest temperature ever recorded of 30.8c. The map only showed 25-26 but he said the "Chief" reckons it will happen. Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo got 25.6c today but can see fog on Ben bulben:-S

Tomorrow a bit cooler again but I don't mind as long as rain stays away till September

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Not looking forward to cycling 6km tomorrow in the afternoon heat, doing a few hours of physical outdoorsy work, then cycling home in still very hot conditions. It'll be great exercise but I will be absolutely knackered. :-/

Any tips? Stay hydrated, I guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

t|nt|n wrote: »
    For the laugh, GFS for the 23rd !

gfs-0-336_otv4.png

If, and I do say if that chart came to pass what sort of temps could we expect, my limited knowledge of these charts would say up to 35℃ is possible, I await correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fog rolling in here quite quickly in Castlebar. Turns the place very dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Deank wrote: »
    If, and I do say if that chart came to pass what sort of temps could we expect, my limited knowledge of these charts would say up to 35℃ is possible, I await correction.

I'll take an uneducated guess at this :pac:

without knowing much about the weather myself Similar to what we have now at best would be my guess but probably mid 20's ?

At the moment airflow coming from the continent a bit is keeping us warm

whereas that airflow coming more from the atlantic would be a bit cooler ?

<prepares to be slated> !

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Thick sea fog here since 4pm after temps of 24 degrees. If its like this when I wake tomorrow I need anyone from Donegal to let me know where there isn't fog cos I intend to get in my car and go there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Fog on the hills here now too. Still boiling, I'm sweating just sitting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Fog on the hills here now too. Still boiling, I'm sweating just sitting here.

That sounds like Singapore :eek: (not that I've ever been there); Its humid enough here at 75% now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

can this weather stay for a very long time. i maybe sweating my brains out, but it's soo nice :cool:

it's currently 23C in cork. *swoon*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Temperatures in the low to mid 20s at 11pm, just crazy stuff. Liking the outlook for week ahead too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Thick sea fog here since 4pm after temps of 24 degrees. If its like this when I wake tomorrow I need anyone from Donegal to let me know where there isn't fog cos I intend to get in my car and go there!!

Head inland and further South. Was cloudyish for an hour on and off in the twin towns today. 27degrees and wall to wall sunshine after that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

DOCARCH wrote: »

High of 27.2c here so not far of your high Quickelles.

No records broken here either...July 2006 the one to beat...31.2c.

Consistent difference! My July 2006 high was 30.9C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Last night is dropped to a comfortable 12C here and it's now down to 17 with clear skies.

I'm forecasting no sleeping problems in east Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Nice cool breeze in Galway tonight after a scorching day.
    Ah bliss . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Cool, clear and breezy here now. Just a little fog on the distant hills and a few bits of broken cloud near the northern horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Quickelles wrote: »
    Last night is dropped to a comfortable 12C here and it's now down to 17 with clear skies.

I'm forecasting no sleeping problems in east Dublin :)

There is absolutely no breeze out this evening, its sticky heat. Last night there was a breeze out.

I have left my window open for the last 3 hours, still no drop in room temp. Similar last night brought a cooler room, north east facing. Its gonna be rolling in the sheets sleepwise :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks to me as though next week will be a lot more comfortable with much lower humidity levels and temperatures closer to normal but it won't turn chilly, just closer to the July normals, and in fact some places could stay a bit warmer than that in the low 20s. And it does appear likely that a return to warmer weather will then begin towards the end of July. If you have a vegetable garden on the go, you might be wise to water it fairly extensively this week to keep it healthy in those critical formative stages, also in case you run into watering restrictions later due to the possible drought conditions developing (can't really see much rain in the patterns on the charts today but that could change).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thats it, I'm sleepin with the back door open. If anyone wants to rob anything it'll burn the hands off em with the heat anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I don't think it's that hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sweatin' like a catholic priest at a communion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Need air conditioning! Its 29C in my bedroom and the city council just turned off the water! Can't even get a drink now ffs

Stupid roof is still radiating residual heat into attic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not looking forward to cycling 6km tomorrow in the afternoon heat, doing a few hours of physical outdoorsy work, then cycling home in still very hot conditions. It'll be great exercise but I will be absolutely knackered. :-/

Any tips? Stay hydrated, I guess! :)

Take a taxi :D

You'd seriously think they would hold off on water maintenance during a heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

25.6C at the moment in Naas.

Can't sleep in that heat. I have only slept maybe 15 hours since Saturday. I hope it will cool down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lucreto wrote: »
    25.6C at the moment in Naas.

Can't sleep in that heat. I have only slept maybe 15 hours since Saturday. I hope it will cool down soon.
    God that must be in your house or something lol. Air temp is nowhere near that :)

• Advertisement

It's 22C according to a thermometer i hung in a tree outside.

Inner suburban area Close to Cork City Centre.

Cork Airport is reporting 20C right now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement