Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Curious one

Was in Co. Meath today & garage had temperature reading at 26degrees. Stunning day. By God do we deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭hawkwing

SHANNON AIRPORT FAIR 22c
    Midnight !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Well now there's a million moths and crane flies inside. Shouldn't have left the door open and the light on.

Just under 20 here, humidity about 80%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I don't think it's that hot.

A much cooler night here in the Wesht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

;):cool:

3479n4n.png

• Advertisement

It was the same for Tuesday April, up to 30, we nearly got there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

pad199207 wrote: »
    God that must be in your house or something lol. Air temp is nowhere near that :)

As i carry out bottle feed number 100 or something of the night the gro egg thermometer in the babies' cot reads 26 even with all windows wide open....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i've managed to sleep in this, but keep waking up at half 6. bah.

19C at 55 to 7 in the morning and according to my weather app it's foggy, but the sunshine is peaking through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Jesus I wishi could wear shorts to work !!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Jesus I wishi could wear shorts to work !!!!!

I work from home so I wear socks to work these days...just socks! :p

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I work from home so I wear socks to work these days...just socks! :p

That's as hot as the weather hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Looks like the South could be favoured for the hottest weather today. I doubt 30C will be reached but would expect places like Cork airport to reach 26/27C which must be close on a record for there

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

record Temp for Cork Airport is 28.7 c but this only goes back as far as 1981 (Wiki). Although Trip advisor claim that temps in excess of 30 c have been recorded. Fact! poor Google search by me!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

19.0c here atm. A bit cooler than this time yesterday - more of a breeze this morning.

More worrying is a finger of sea fog heading down the Irish Sea...Dublin bound! http://www.sat24.com/en/gb Hope that burns up pretty quickly as it could upset a few people along the coast.

GFS FI hinting at a return to warm weather later in the month...

SfHeLNh.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last night was no fun! Windows and doors open to little effect. 24 C already.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

I agree it's so so warm at night but Met Eireann are quick to call an end to this hot spell!!

This exceptionally warm, sunny period with temperatures in the high twenties is coming to an end as a weak cold front moves down over Ireland on Saturday introducing a fresher, less humid air mass.

Friday: Another hot, sunny day in store; the last in this current spell

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DOCARCH wrote: »
    19.0c here atm. A bit cooler than this time yesterday - more of a breeze this morning.

More worrying is a finger of sea fog heading down the Irish Sea...Dublin bound! http://www.sat24.com/en/gb Hope that burns up pretty quickly as it could upset a few people along the coast.

Yeah, can see that sea fog from Dun Laoghaire, its still off north Dublin at the moment, wouldnt surprise me if we saw an incursion in the next few hours, the breeze is from the north at about force 2 on the bay.

I wouldnt mind a bit of fog though, would be quite refreshing, once it burned off again later. My bedroom low was 26.5 last night, first night it bothered me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

paulb06 wrote: »
    I agree it's so so warm at night but Met Eireann are quick to call an end to this hot spell!!

This exceptionally warm, sunny period with temperatures in the high twenties is coming to an end as a weak cold front moves down over Ireland on Saturday introducing a fresher, less humid air mass.

Friday: Another hot, sunny day in store; the last in this current spell

Yes but that applies to west and north. East and south east expected to remain in 20s until next week. Seems the east will get the warmer weather from Friday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭briany

Foggy/cloudy here on the coast of NCD for the moment, at least. It's a refreshing bit of respite to be honest.

• Advertisement

Looks like the ECM wants to get on board with the GFS reload

ECM:

ECM1-240_nav1.GIF

GFS:

gfs-0-240_qbf6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Looks like the ECM wants to get on board with the GFS reload

What kind of temps would we be talking here if it were to come off?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The sea fog has obliterated Howth from view, moving slowly, inexorably across the bay.......

James Herbert anyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Back in South Tipp for a few days, but I still have my old weather station set up here! Current temperature is 25.6C after a minimum overnight of 15.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭briany

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The sea fog has obliterated Howth from view, moving slowly, inexorably across the bay.......

James Herbert anyone.....

Yeah, everyone's gonna go crazy. Later on, you'll see people walking around with barely any clothes on, lewd public behaviour and maybe even a mini beach riot or two...

Oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cooler today thank god! Though may be about to get a little too cool if that sea fog offshore moves in. For the moment its very pleasant with a cooling breeze.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pretty heavy sea fog on the hills around bray, all gone a bit dark and dull all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

In South Tipp, it's blue skies, 26.3C and 58% RH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

25.1 here, hot still weather is a bit boring isn't it? I'd go nuts in somewhere like Dubai or Western Australia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

leahyl wrote: »
    What kind of temps would we be talking here if it were to come off?
    Spots currently getting high 20s would easily reach 30.
    Those handily getting 29 in the past day or two could hit 31.
    Biggest issue would be drought and scrub fires increasingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement