Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Dense sea fog again in Donegal, 16C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Absolutely loving this weather and heat, moar please!

I was smack bang in the middle of Lyon city centre during the 03 heatwave, this is pleasant weather in comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

mike65 wrote: »
    25.1 here, hot still weather is a bit boring isn't it? I'd go nuts in somewhere like Dubai or Western Australia

You'd climatise if you lived there. If this heat wave continued for another few weeks, we'd get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'd climatise if you lived there. If this heat wave continued for another few weeks, we'd get used to it.

I'm not saying its uncomfortable (though its a few degrees above my optimum)
    I'm saying the lack of movement is just dull. While I'm not a fan of endless Atlantic fronts at least you know something is happening! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

25.1 here, hot still weather is a bit boring isn't it? I'd go nuts in somewhere like Dubai or Western Australia

I like it best when it's low to mid twenties with a light breeze.

Yeah, I actually like Ireland's variable weather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The office was unbearable to work in yesterday, doesn't seem as bad today. Although I think I am just getting used to it at this stage! Fantastic weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Shannon reached 29.4C yesterday
    http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Clear blue skies here but I can see the bank of sea fog/low cloud to my east.

20.5c here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I'm not saying its uncomfortable (though its a few degrees above my optimum)
    I'm saying the lack of movement is just dull. While I'm not a fan of endless Atlantic fronts at least you know something is happening! :D

You have an optimum? It only reaches 26/26 along the east coast. If this was a dry air mass, it would be pleasant. My only issue with this weather, is the humidity keeping me awake until 3 a.m. and the humidity makes it difficult to sunbathe.

We've got clouds rolling in from the east here in Meath and it's depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dun Laoghaire is now the midst (mist) of the sea fog, temps at the waters edge have dropped to 14.9 and its feels cooler albeit with high humidity. Its not particularly dense though, visibility is still at around 400 metres and from the satellite looks like its isolated and will blow through / burn off within a couple of hours. Anyone looking for some heat relief should walk the pier before then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

cooking nicely down south. 26c in Cork Airport, Moorepark and Shannon @ 12pm. 30 might not be too far away later in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

a clearance seems to be approaching North County Dublin now.
    we can't complain, I wouldn't like to be in eastern England at the moment.
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It does look particularly sh1te there! :p

21.2c here atm. Getting wisps of cloud as the peel and burn off the bank of fog/low cloud to my east.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

24.5 at the moment here in Ballybofey, Donegal. Fog cleared up just after 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That map is saying high 20's for Galway Bay on Saturday and Sunday, a lot better than Met eireann, who to trust though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is a great little stand alone website from the UK Met, not sure if its been mentioned on the Forum before......

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

The sea fog and cloud in East Anglia and east of the Pennines has temps pegged back to 16-19, meanwhile SW London is already at 30C at midday

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It does look particularly sh1te there! :p
    .......... and not for the first time either, the best weather this summer (so far) is the further west you go, when the west of Ireland was 25c+ in early June eastern England was only getting temps of around 12c.
    I cannot recall a summer like this, it's only in winter that it's meant to get warmer the further west you go. :confused: , high pressure this summer is near Ireland and eastern England has been plagued by constant N/NE winds with low cloud rolling in off the Northsea as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Clear blue skies and a temp of 23.4c here in the sunny south east. Got an all time high of 27.8c yesterday but I have a feeling that could be broke again tomorrow.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This is a great little stand alone website from the UK Met, not sure if its been mentioned on the Forum before......

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

The sea fog and cloud in East Anglia and east of the Pennines has temps pegged back to 16-19, meanwhile SW London is already at 30C at midday
    UKMO latest observations has Heathrow at only 23c
    the warmest I can find in the UK at the moment is 24.8c at Bristol.

27c at Shannon at 1300. Somewhere has to break 30c today!

21.6c here atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Just 51mm of rain since the start of June, most of it fell in early June, temperatures getting near 29C the last couple of days, looks like it could be hotter today.
    Drought conditions setting in as grass is increasingly turning brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The temperature has stalled at 27.6C here in South Tipp for the last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

UKMO latest observations has Heathrow at only 23c
    the warmest I can find in the UK at the moment is 24.8c at Bristol.

Correct all readings I am seeing for London are 23 degrees at the moment. West of Ireland is really getting the best of the heat. Seems like east of Ireland will do better from Friday onwards. Still lovely here in Dublin city though

Already 27 at Shannon at 1pm. Should hit 30 degrees at least there later you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

21.0c here now.

RH at 72%

Dan :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

My thermometer said 26° at 4am this morning so I think I need some new equipment :pac:

28c at Shannon at 1400.

22.0c here now. Prefect day...no sweat yet! :)

Poor old malin head, 20 degrees must be the all time record there!! Beautiful place but even on the hottest of days around the country it seems to be chilly there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Cloud all gone now and heat is building- 22.0c.

RH @ 69%.

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 zmobydick

.......... and not for the first time either, the best weather this summer (so far) is the further west you go, when the west of Ireland was 25c+ in early June eastern England was only getting temps of around 12c.
    I cannot recall a summer like this, it's only in winter that it's meant to get warmer the further west you go. :confused: , high pressure this summer is near Ireland and eastern England has been plagued by constant N/NE winds with low cloud rolling in off the Northsea as a result.

This is not unusual at all. While we don't get these heat waves too often, when we do the West often gets the best of it. The reason is that the warm air is coming in from the continent at the moment i.e. from the east. So the onshore breezes are coming from the east. Going west then the influence of cooling onshore breezes is reduced and the effect of the hot land mass increases.

I'm from Limerick but I noticed this when I moved to Wexford for a while in 1992....We had a brief spell like we are having now but it was decidedly fresher in Courtown than Ballybunion (as it is this week)...

Our usual weather comes from the Atlantic but this doesn't apply at the moment but appears that it will do from the weekend. High pressure to hold though....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement