Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying the highest temperature ever recorded in Dublin was 31 degrees at Casement in July 2006?
    If this second spell of hot weather get to us next week there may be a very slight possibility of this record being in trouble

Only if a moderate breeze backs to the SW - that's when we get the sticky stuff.

There will be no record when there is a E in the wind direction.

We'll have to do with clear cloudless skies, comfortable nights and temperatures in the mid twenties :)

We're a bit like San Francisco, without the fog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Black clouds rolling in here in Dungarvan. Was hazy before 9. Very windy, clothes flying about on the clothes line. Can see huge clouds comin over the mountains too. Was all set for the beach, not going to bother now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

deisedevil wrote: »
    Black clouds rolling in here in Dungarvan. Was hazy before 9. Very windy, clothes flying about on the clothes line. Can see huge clouds comin over the mountains too. Was all set for the beach, not going to bother now. :(

Or are you keeping the beach for yourself hmmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its 10 am and 20c, yesterday it was 24 at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Currently 23.3c, beautiful morning and already very very warm

Current data for Ballybofey Weather
    11 July 2013 10:22:34

Temperature (°C):
    Current 23.3
    Trend (per hour) +3.0
    Average today 14.4
    Wind chill 23.3
    Heat Index 23.3
    Dew Point 18.4
    Rel Humidity 74%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 6.1 E
    Average Speed 3.8 E

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 1026.8
    Trend (per hour) -0.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are there not usually thunderstorms to clear the air a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

These clouds were actually on the bbc cloud predictor for today.
    Yet another case of the beeb being well ahead of the Irish Met!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Should be a bit hotter in the south and east today, I'm already a degree up on this time yesterday at 22.8c.

Absolutely loving this, Although a little bit hotter would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Temps aren't very high this morning compared to yesterday around the country - well according to Met weather stations anyway. The highest is 22; I'm sure this time yesterday it was 24 in many place - Actually I'm wrong, it is 24 in Galway alright.

Quite a bit of cloud here in Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how's dublin going to be today? I'm heading up later and if it's as hot as the last few days I don't want to be wearing jeans.. but if it's as cool as it is in carlow now I don't want to be wearing shorts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Still pretty warm but i think it's being moderated a bit by clouds here in Cork anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

baraca wrote: »
    Should be a bit hotter in the south and east today, I'm already a degree up on this time yesterday at 22.8c.

Yep, 23.4c here which is about 4 degrees up on this time yesterday. Cloudless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

baraca wrote: »

Your are wrong here about east Waterford at any rate! 22.1 (25 at midday yesterday) and with a steady breeze - perfect weather for me.

how's dublin going to be today? I'm heading up later and if it's as hot as the last few days I don't want to be wearing jeans.. but if it's as cool as it is in carlow now I don't want to be wearing shorts!

Shorts for sure. Light t-shirt. Or You'll melt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

This weather is great but if I could choose, I'd like a whole summer of, say, six days a week 24/25 degrees and sunny, with cool nights, and a once a week rainy day (not at the weekend :P), just to keep growth ticking over and prevent drought. That would be my ideal, and it's pretty much 1995 except 1995 didn't have the rainy day once a week and hence the grass yellowed. :-/ There was a handful of cloudy, humid overcast days in summer 1995. People have whitewashed these from their memories though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hotter than yesterday in Galway at midday
    23.8C yesterday, 25.5C today - hazy sunshine, the occasional fair weather cloud meandering by and just a whisper of a breeze - bliss :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.7c atm equalling yesterday's high.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

I'm in clonskeagh and the weather station out the back is showing 28c , I can see it hitting 30 today :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

26c with me in East Donegal. 26 also recorded at Castlederg In NI. Perhaps a record breaker for NI today the bbc NI weather forecast has flirted with the idea for a few days now. 30.8 is the record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very warm in Galway 28 degrees on my weather monitor in the shade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Are there not usually thunderstorms to clear the air a bit?

Possible tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No real end in sight to the good weather on the models, a few days of less warm weather ahead but staying in the 20's for the south and east, after that a chance of a return to hot again next week. Could be a month to remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Harps wrote: »
    No real end in sight to the good weather on the models, a few days of less warm weather ahead but staying in the 20's for the south and east, after that a chance of a return to hot again next week. Could be a month to remember!

I have 5 days off on standby ! My boss is great ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I have 5 days off on standby ! My boss is great ! :D

Isnt that the same boss that finds a work environment of 45C acceptable?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Larbre34 wrote: »

Nope, that wasn't me !

The air con in here has been blasting all week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nope that me.

His office has air con the rest of the place does not. I have a battery powered fan but it has no effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

I think that there are health and safetly rules that you cant work i a building once it goes above a certain temp.. we were once sent home from the a previous office cause the inside temp was to high and there was no air conditioning!
    Lucreto wrote: »
    Nope that me.

His office has air con the rest of the place does not. I have a battery powered fan but it has no effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Harps wrote: »

There is a strong trend indeed for a return to hot weather in FI on the models. Too early to look at details but the signal is there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

No real significant rain on the charts out to FI, perhaps some drizzly light stuff early next week and a shower or two but not much else. High pressure is very near at all times on the charts. I fully expect significant gorse fires to break out in the usual prone areas in the next week or so if the warm/hot dry weather continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I think that there are health and safetly rules that you cant work i a building once it goes above a certain temp.. we were once sent home from the a previous office cause the inside temp was to high and there was no air conditioning!
    Nothing set down in law seemingly - https://www.ibec.ie/IBEC/ES.nsf/vPages/Health_and_safety~Workplace_hazards_and_health_issues~workplace-temperature?OpenDocument

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement