Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I think that there are health and safetly rules that you cant work i a building once it goes above a certain temp.. we were once sent home from the a previous office cause the inside temp was to high and there was no air conditioning!

I looked it up and it has no maximum temperature. As long it is comforable to work in. No one wants to say anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

West is best today. Knock 25. Claremorris 26. Newport 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea the forecast has got appreciably better since earlier in the week when a northern push that trough was pushed a lot further south, High pressure remains stubborn and the models still have a 27c over some parts on Saturday, that was 22c yesterday morning if i recall.

Let the good times roll!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice observation in the ME latest forecast: 'The weather has been unseasonably hot this week'.

Not sure in what season this weather could be expected? :rolleyes:

23.7c here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I haven't been on this site much this week: What's been the highest temperature recorded this week so far? Did it reach 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Nice observation in the ME latest forecast: 'The weather has been unseasonably hot this week'.

Not sure in what season this weather could be expected? :rolleyes:

23.7c here atm.

Somebody elses summer!

20C here by the water in Dun Laoghaire in a light SE breeze, very light heat haze and clear skies. Its actually the perfect balance of heat and freshness, with strong sun. And the place is mobbed! Fantastic atmosphere.

Getting concerned about drought though, even if the temps drop back to average, there is no appreciable rain on the horizon. Very little spare capacity in the stored drinking water, as we learned the hard way in the recent bad winters......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Aiel wrote: »
    I haven't been on this site much this week: What's been the highest temperature recorded this week so far? Did it reach 30?

Yup, Shannon Airport recorded 30c yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

In in south east cork and we have a barometer close to the door . We have the door open and its recording 27/28 right now . Feels it too .

I was in Shannon airport yesterday just back from the states and it felt cold :) I have acclimatised now though .

The weather is supposed to stay for a few more days aswell .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

29.5 in shannon I think ?

Open to correction though !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

t|nt|n wrote: »
    29.5 in shannon I think ?

Open to correction though !

Bit confusing here Siobhan Ryan on last nights 9 o'clock news said Shannon Airport reached 30 degrees yesterday however on the ME website it has 29.5 degrees.
    Do they round up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Bit confusing here Siobhan Ryan on last nights 9 o'clock news said Shannon Airport reached 30 degrees yesterday however on the ME website it has 29.5 degrees.
    Do they round up?

I'd say rounding played a part there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

leahyl wrote: »
    Yup, Shannon Airport recorded 30c yesterday :)

Well, technically 29.5c. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

West is best

We know that, sure. What about the weather? :P:pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Newport leading the way today...28c at 1500.

Could be 30c at Oak Park or Ballyhaise...but we will never know!

23.7c here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The Northwest is baking at the moment with nearly all stations reporting 27C. Will we get 30C today, quite possible with Mayo coming in at 28C for 3pm.
    Cool in Cork at 21C, pbly due to an onshore breeze
    Tomorrow should be our turn with 26/27 possible down here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

It's a pity about Oakpark alright! It was right up there at 28 degrees on Monday, neck and neck even with the much acclaimed warmer west. Wish it was back for tomorrow, it's the best chance for a ME station to hit 30 properly without rounding, if no station can hit 30 today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

29.9 was recorded in county tyrone. I think it was in Edenfel? Not sure on the exact location but its offically the hottest temp recorded this summer on either side of the Irish sea

Newport at 29c now at 1600.

23.3c here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

39611053.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

V_Moth wrote: »
    39611053.jpg

Must be trying to "hide the incline"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Shannon not so hot today, 27.5 highest so far according to the last synop.
    Claremorris highest synop by a sliver at 27.6

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the cool down is coming? ether that or i'm getting used to the heat. there was a glorious breeze today here in cork:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

21c up at Malin, delighted for them, felt a bit sorry for the folk up in Inishowen yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes the breeze made it bearable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

A nice 22.8c here still after a high of 25.6c. Have yet to beat tuesdays high of 29.8c.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Maximum today of 28.0C in south Tipp, down from 30.5C the day before.
    The models really show no end in sight for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It definitely felt a little fresher, although not much, today in Cork because I think it was less humid and there was a nice breeze.

Still absolutely stunning weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Perfect day here today, low-mid 20s with a gentle breeze and clear cloudless skies all day.

Great model runs this evening as well, the downgrade to more normal temps after the weekend now looks like even less of a downgrade and we have the high right back over us by next week for another intense hot spell. If the 12z GFS happens to be accurate, we could have temps in the 20's every single day for the rest of the month with with most of the country seeing no rain, no end in sight!

Drought will obviously start to be a problem if that does happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

ECM FI . Couple of "cooler" days (cooler as in low 20's) and then by next Thursday we're back to this...

ECM1-168.GIF?11-0

And then by next Saturday...

ECM1-216.GIF?11-0

And then, well...

ECM1-240.GIF?11-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

ECM FI . Couple of "cooler" days (cooler as in low 20's) and then by next Thursday we're back to this...

ECM1-168.GIF?11-0

And then by next Saturday...

ECM1-216.GIF?11-0

And then, well...

ECM1-240.GIF?11-0

Jaysus, what sort of temps could the last two charts produce Maq?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement