Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Weather Underground is showing 29.2*C at Malin Head.

Yeah,but if you click on it,that reading is from carndonagh,a pws and not Mallin head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Oak Park leading the 2pm pack at 28.

Dublin Airport holding at 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

jds0ur wrote: »
    My weather station is show 31.8 :eek:

Is it in the sun? Im in D14 also and mine just touched 27.0c a few minutes ago.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Is it in the sun? Im in D14 also and mine just touched 27.0c a few minutes ago.

Dan :)

Afraid so Dan, been meaning to move it, have an old thermometer in the shade and its showing 27c :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

27.5c here now. Hottest day of this spell.

• Advertisement

Not sure what the temp is where I am, but I do know the dog cant even wag his tail, he's so drained from the heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Jake1 wrote: »
    Not sure what the temp is where I am, but I do know the dog cant even wag his tail, he's so drained from the heat.

Make sure he has loads of water and put crushed ice in it. Dogs can't sweat. They have to loose heat through their tongue by panting.

Irish cats can be quite unaware of how to deal with heat too and end up over heating completely by basking in it for too long.

Very few of us (including other species) are acclimatised to this kind of weather.

The risk to humans and animals is the temperature difference compared to normal rather than the maximum temperature.

Watch out for old people too. I bumped into two elderly people in Cork who were dressed in coats and hats! I think some people stop being able to sense temperature accurately in their old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Thermometer just hit 31.1 near Bagenalstown in Carlow. Roasting outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Oak park leading the charge today 28.9 on the 14:00[utc] synop thats up from 27.7 an hour ago, could 30 be breached for the fist time of this spell today ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Make sure he has loads of water and put crushed ice in it. Dogs can't sweat. They have to loose heat through their tongue by panting.

Irish cats can be quite unaware of how to deal with heat too and end up over heating completely by basking in it for too long.

Very few of us (including other species) are acclimatised to this kind of weather.

The risk to humans and animals is the temperature difference compared to normal rather than the maximum temperature.

Watch out for old people too. I bumped into two elderly people in Cork who were dressed in coats and hats! I think some people stop being able to sense temperature accurately in their old age.

yeah, I know thanks. His loving the ice cubes all week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Supercell wrote: »
    Oak park leading the charge today 27.7 on the 14:00 synop.

Oak Park now 29 at 15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Temp is now at 28.7c, the joint highest today. Was only 28.0 about 10 minutes ago so that's quite a jump....sensor is very much shaded so it ain't the sun

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Oak Park now 29 at 15.00

Go on the 30! :)

27.7c here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Go on the oak park Carlow, hit that big 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

In Cavan here and it definately feel warmer than the other days this week. There was me thinking I was acclimatisting to the heat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

27 around most of Dublin now, the magic 80 F!

Still the humidities are gorgeous......

About 2.5+ warmer than yesterday here in Waterford. Another beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hottest day for my garden of this current spell. Haven't broken the 30c mark all week, but its 30.7c now. Just gone to the car which is in the shade out front, that shows 31c. Im in south east mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Arklow-26c

Are we seriously gonna hit 30+ next week? Would love to see it but the dog cant handle it as it is.

Not in the early days of the week, 17-23 would be more like it, could have a warm reload after midweek or into the week after that and then depending on setup 30+ could occur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Roasting in the city centre today, probably 30c in parts.

Back by the coast the high temps have initiated a sea-breeze despite the flow above.

Still with a fair sea breeze it's 24.2c here right at the coast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max 25.9c, Currently 25.2c

Stuck at 29c again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I think 29*C is the highest Met Eireann's thermometers go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stuck at 29c again!!

You would swear that met eireann thermometers are set to cruise control, maybe Gerry at met eireann is holding a fan in place at oak park to prevent it from striking 30

Casement up to 27.7c
    Oak Park Carlow is @ 29.0c so has crept up.... .5c gets us the round up!

Stuck at 29c again!!

Snow bunny inside job conspiracy theory....?

2xK2VRC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks like it has peaked here. Got to max of 28.9 a while ago. Down to 28.2 now. It's crazy to think how much potential energy is currently over the northern half of the country.....IF a storm did manage to get going after breaking the cap, I'd say it would be something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Extremely hot and humid in Cork City today - I'm feeling it more today than any other day

• Advertisement

28 at Casement, is that a Co. Dublin record for this spell?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement