Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

highdef wrote: »
    Looks like it has peaked here. Got to max of 28.9 a while ago. Down to 28.2 now. It's crazy to think how much potential energy is currently over the northern half of the country.....IF a storm did manage to get going after breaking the cap, I'd say it would be something else!

It's looking less likely now. The 12Z GFS has just dropped the precip signal for Ulster that was shown on the 06Z for this evening. Suggests there won't be any convective showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Hottest day so far here at 28c and an all time record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

N/W Kildare :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D
    120713.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

30.0C YES finally haha! :)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

A scorching 31.8c here now, Kildare is a hotspot today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Next Thursday:

Rtavn1441.png

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Absolute belter in D15 today! So so so hot, hottest day so far.

12Z GFS is a another belter (still rolling out).

Temps of up to 25/26 in the south and midlands during the 'cooler' days, then from Wednesday on the heat starts getting turned up again.

Then a spoiler Icelandic low ruins a fun FI in 12 days time, though I suspect some people could well be thankful of that by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

12Z GFS is a another belter (still rolling out).

Temps of up to 25/26 in the south and midlands during the 'cooler' days, then from Wednesday on the heat starts getting turned up again.

Good God!! We'll be roasted at the Boss concert! :-O

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yesterday was very nice, today is unbearable compared. Sweating just sitting here in the house with all windows open. Looking forward to the "cool" low 20s next week before it gets hotter again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yesterday was very nice, today is unbearable compared. Sweating just sitting here in the house with all windows open. Looking forward to the "cool" low 20s next week before it gets hotter again.

Today reminds me of my J1 summer in Boston - sweating doing nothing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

According to Vantage Vue, reached 30C at 16.27 today. Still at 29 here. It rounds the numbers until I pull the data to the PC but its always been mythical number to reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

31" at the apple farm cahir just now http://www.weatherlink.com/user/applefarm/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does a misty start to a day, mean extra heat later on??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Next Thursday:

Rtavn1441.png

Holy f*ck!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I put a thermo outside in the shade for the last 2 hours. It has hovered between 30.3 and 30.9. How accurate and true is it? I don't know :)

20130712_001_zpsc9a5f2e1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

30C in Oak Park on ME at 6pm!
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Next Thursday:

Rtavn1441.png

What will that mean temp wise. Pretty much the same as now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

greenman09 wrote: »

You won't figure that out until 2 or 3 days before that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

greenman09 wrote: »

Similar to recent days, perhaps a touch warmer, but warmest across the south midlands. Threatening 30C, but not guaranteeing it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Much warmer than is usual in these conditions in east wicklow and east wexford .
    The sea breeze got going for about an hour and then faded.
    That breeze for example over the last week kept coastal districts here down at 19c and always does.Not today though.

New record at my Arklow station of 26.7c earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Finally 30 degrees officially in Oak Park in Carlow...been a long time coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

At 17.09 today I recorded 32.2c in my garden. This weather is just awesome !!:D

blockic wrote: »
    Finally 30 degrees officially in Oak Park in Carlow...been a long time coming!

Whats the July record for Oak Park anyway? I was looking earlier and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Even Jean Byrne on 6-1 weather now advised that it will become hotter again later next week. I think that is ME's first mention of the renewed heatwave.

On a sidenote, after 4 glorious days of near 30 temps and unbroken sunshine here in Tralee, it is disappointingly overcast and rather cool this evening, maybe just 20 deg!

Just noticed the 30c there, wahoooooo

The actual temperature at Oak Park Carlow at 6pm was 29.5c... so not quite 30c really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

What an amazingly hot 5 days for dear old Eire :cool:
    mon 29.5 NI
    Tue 29.4 Shannon
    Wed 29.5 Shannon
    Thu 29.5 Oak Park
    Fri 29.5 Oak park

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

"Only " 22 degrees here this evening with a light breeze. In my opinion the nicest evening so far and with hope of sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

New record for my station a 29.7C.

Still close to 29C.

Hoping for a thunderstorm tomorrow, everything could do with a bit of water...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement