Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

km79 wrote: »
    "Only " 22 degrees here this evening with a light breeze. In my opinion the nicest evening so far and with hope of sleep :)

Same here in Donegal, low 20s all day which is just perfect for me. Quite happy that we've been amongst the coolest places in the country this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Harps wrote: »
    Same here in Donegal, low 20s all day which is just perfect for me. Quite happy that we've been amongst the coolest places in the country this week

Not in all parts of Donegal. Its been over 25c every day this week in Ballybofey High 20's at that

Weathering wrote: »
    Not in all parts of Donegal. Its been over 25c every day this week in Ballybofey High 20's at that

Yeah I'm right on the coast so we've had a sea breeze every day. Much hotter around you all right, Castlederg not too far away has been close to 30C a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It got up to 29 earlier ! But has dropped back a lot quicker than other evenings. It's really really nice now. I'd take this for a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

gurramok wrote: »
    I put a thermo outside in the shade for the last 2 hours. It has hovered between 30.3 and 30.9. How accurate and true is it? I don't know :)

20130712_001_zpsc9a5f2e1.jpg

I'll raise that!!!! N/W Kildare

120713_2.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Max 27.6c at 4pm; beating Tuesday for the highest temperature this year at this location.

Still 23.8c...maybe we are going to get one of those "sticky" nights? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z ECM seems to feature even less of a cooldown than the GFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I sense thunder in the air... I'm like a dog. :)

I sense thunder in the air... I'm like a dog. :)

But where are you located?

No sense of thunder here....

Quickelles wrote: »

SE Mayo.

And I'm not being entirely serious either.

Yeesh.

• Advertisement

12Z ECM seems to feature even less of a cooldown than the GFS.

Looking increasingly likely that the entire country is going to stay very warm for the week before another blast of heat from next Wednesday onwards, north & west coasts will be a few degrees cooler and there'll be more cloud about but considering the forecast two days ago its a great upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

According to Euronews it was 22C here and 19 in Belfast!

Quickelles wrote: »

Who cares, she posted AC/DC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looking increasingly likely that the entire country is going to stay very warm for the week before another blast of heat from next Wednesday onwards, north & west coasts will be a few degrees cooler and there'll be more cloud about but considering the forecast two days ago its a great upgrade

Yep, the second blast from midweek on looks pretty much nailed now I think. How hot and for long remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have to say what a great boost this weather has been to everyone, be it eating outdoors every night, fighting over the last paddle pool,queuing for that 99 or simply sitting and pointing your nose towards that unfamiliar ball of fire in the sky. There is a definite sense that the sun has contributed to a more positive national mood. Perhaps it may do something none of our politicians could manage and pull us out of recession......just a thought now back to my cold beer :)

I'd only give our politicians credit for the freezing Spring.

This Summer (so far) is clearly an Act of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Yep, the second blast from midweek on looks pretty much nailed now I think. How hot and for long remains to be seen.

Simon Keeling over on Weatherweb is looking at the settled weather going into August with above normal heights showing for another 3 weeks and another possible bite of the cherry later on in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oWg6DbMZoKk#action=share

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Saw a wicklow co council gritter today spreading sand on the melted tar outside dunlavin ,roads are bad if you motorbiking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I put my thermo in the fridge for an hour and brought it outside. It shot up and stayed stable at 22C and its now 10pm, wow oh wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NinjaN

29-31 mostly here today in Celbridge on my weather station. Got up to 32.9 at 6.15pm. Now down to 23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

If this continues for much longer I suspect we will have a water shortage around the country, maybe a hose pipe ban like in England last summer and water being turned off for periods during the day/night.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

When is this going to end????? Melting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

"When is this going to end?" Is the new "when is it going to snow?" :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Weathering wrote: »

Northwest Donegal has been around 24°C each day since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Warmest day of the year where I am 28.7C.Which beat everything I have recorded in the last seven years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,929 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not as warm as it has been in Galway. The evening was definitely chillier. Hopefully a better nights sleep tonight with no alarm in the morning and then bring on the sun! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

16 degrees with 82% humidity here tonight but feels a lot nicer than the past few nights. Last night was hell, took 3 hours of tossing and turning before I fell asleep. Woke up with everything kicked off the bed minus the pillow I was lying on.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not as warm as it has been in Galway. The evening was definitely chillier. Hopefully a better nights sleep tonight with no alarm in the morning and then bring on the sun! :cool:

Think it's gonna be fairly cloudy tomorrow, in the west anyway. :-/

16.7c here.

Dunno if that's high enough for tossin' and turnin' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

if ever there was a time to call a national strike it is now! the tourism companys in the various resorts around the country should get behind the strike, think of the boost it would provide. There seems to be a bit of a go slow going on anyhow in shops and supermarkets, just because its hot and sunny out doesnt mean you can relax and chat away and act like you are on holidays.... your at work, work! Tramore is perfect at the moment as the tide is full out during the afternoon and comes in over the sand in the evenings providing for a warmer evening swim, the water is crystal clear almost tropical. today was spent snorkeling over the rock pools looking at all the wildlife, who know there was that much goin on under the water, just need some dolphins now.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement