Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

17.1C ad 93% RH, a slightly uncomfortable night awaits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    17.1C ad 93% RH, a slightly uncomfortable night awaits...

Fine for lying on top of the bed with no blankets. Also if you have a little fan, it helps so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

thank fcuk for that breeze that's sprung up..a few days of normal temps will be no harm at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

And the temps have been rising in the east in the past few hours - 20c at Dublin airport at 1am!!! 19c at home here which is 1c up from and hour ago.Most surprisingly is that it is 26.3c downstairs but now it does not feel so oppressive......I've actually getting used to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

theres rain showing on the met radar, is there rain realy falling in places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

blankAs wrote: »
    theres rain showing on the met radar, is there rain realy falling in places?

Athlone covered in cloud today and my decking actually looks like it had a sprinkling sometime diring the night ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

ECM1-144_wzv3.GIF

clint-eastwood-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-174.gif

Back in the winter I heard here how people used to use lard to stop their backside sticking to the toilet seat in the freezing cold well now I'm covering it in tin foil to stop it baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Of course the only good weather of the year would happen when I'm out of the feckin country :pac: hoping it's still around on Tuesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Beautiful warm sunny morning in Dublin! Bring it on again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Unreal forecast for week ahead on met eireann website. The sun and mid to high 20s just keeps on coming!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

20.0c here now at 0900. Highest temp at this time for this spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Quite cool in Dundalk at the moment in the shade, nice breeze coming in the window very refreshing indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

DOCARCH wrote: »
    20.0c here now at 0900. Highest temp at this time for this spell.

We had 21 degrees at 8am here on Thursday. It was bakin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For a moment (around 8 am) I thought it was going to be cooler but its already 19C, so another mid twenties beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

19℃ down here in youghal :-):-D excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Highs no lower than 26 in the days ahead and then it gets even warmer again. Met Eireann :
    Tomorrow

Dry and mostly sunny across many areas tomorrow, though a bit more cloud again in the north and west. Highest temperatures will range 18 to 25 degrees over western and northern parts, warmest inland. Elsewhere temperatures will range 22 to 28 degrees, coolest along the coasts due to onshore breezes

OUTLOOK: Temperatures remaining well above normal well into next week (though around normal near some Atlantic fringes to start the week). Most areas staying dry with warm spells sunshine in places (brightest across the south and east). Winds will be just light variable - as high pressure continues to dominate.

SUNDAY NIGHT: Dry with long clear spells but some mist and fog patches developing in near calm. Lowest temperatures 10 to 15 degrees Celsius.

MONDAY: Most areas dry with a long spells of sunshine, however low cloud will spill into Atlantic counties from time to time (temps of 17 to 20 degrees Celsius here). Highest temperatures will generally range from a warm 20 to 26 degrees Celsius ( best values across Cork, Waterford, Tipperary and much of Leinster), with just light southwest breezes.

TUESDAY: Again most areas staying dry with variable cloud cover across the country - brightest in the south and east (sunny at times here). Some patchy rain in parts of the west and northwest where it will be rather cloudy at times. Temperatures will range from 17 to 26 degrees Celsius (values lowest near Atlantic fringes and warmest across the midlands and east, with most areas recording values of around 23 degrees Celsius. Winds will be more than moderate northwesterly.

WEDNESDAY: Rather cloudy across the northern half of the country with scattered outbreaks of light rain (some areas escaping dry). Good sunshine further south where it will stay dry. Temperatures will range from 17 to 26 degrees Celsius (values lowest near northern and western fringes and warmest across the south of Leinster and the east of Munster, with most areas recording values of around 23 degrees Celsius. Winds will be more than moderate northwesterly.

Thereafter it looks like it will become even warmer once again with temperatures widely rising to the mid 20s with long spells of sunshine signalled. Later in the week, highest values will occur in the west as winds become easterly. Holding predominantly dry with just light breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Considerably cooler today in Ballybofey but refreshing .

Wind 1.8 km/h WNW. Barometer 1028.6 hPa, Rising slowly. Temperature 16.8 °C. Rain today 0.0 mm. Humidity 78%

• Registered Users Posts: 31,929 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Think it's gonna be fairly cloudy tomorrow, in the west anyway. :-/

You've got that one right anyway!

Cool and cloudy here at the moment. I don't mind it hanging around for a few hours for a little relief, then it can piss off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Lot more cloud this morning in the midlands, interspersed with sunshine. Not bad at all. 21C at 10 o clock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Warming up nicely here, currently 21.8c with slightly hazy sunshine.Models excellent again today, no end in sight to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Absolutely gorgeous on the north Dublin coast this morning, that cool change signalled earlier in the week for this weekend is thankfully now forgotten:)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

21.2C and 88% RH in south Tipp. Minimum of 14.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some nice Virga clouds here now to my north

22.5c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous on the north Dublin coast this morning, that cool change signalled earlier in the week for this weekend is thankfully now forgotten:)

That's the spirit.

I can see cloud to the west here in Ashbourne, but it's fading away. If that cold front was a man, this high pressure would be charged with manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A few spits of drizzle in the past 20 minutes, hasn't even managed to wet the ground though. Wouldn't mind a bit of rain if it saves having to water the garden later

Edit..Also I see Danno's station in Durrow, Co. Laois made it to 30.1C yesterday, think thats the first official station to break 30C that we know of?

http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=3473.msg91168#msg91168

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Harps wrote: »

Edit..Also I see Danno's station in Durrow, Co. Laois made it to 30.1C yesterday, think thats the first official station to break 30C that we know of?

http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=3473.msg91168#msg91168

How often are you allowed open the screen door? :eek:

Down to 16c last night; highest low here so far - not sticky, still waiting for one more of those nights like I remember ;)

Nice E breeze and 23.4 at the moment. Cloudless of course as it always is in the Bay Area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Rtavn1501.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Rtavn1501.png

Finally...there goes that record from 1881!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The unofficial stations in Cork on Weather Underground are reading late 20s already.

Seems like we're in for a pretty hot afternoon!

The Cork Airport station is just permanently 22-24. It's way too high up and exposed up there to get a proper reading reflective of the temperature in the Lee Valley / City / Harbour area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement