Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

pad199207 wrote: »
    Bitter 15c

15.6 here:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I'm sweatin just looking at the 18Z GFS.

I'm sweatin just looking at the 18Z GFS.

Have you link to the chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

how long before the farmers start moaning about not having waterect

Deank wrote: »
    Have you link to the chart?

120 hours to 300 hours.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

doccy wrote: »
    I was in Gorey most of the day, and low 20's seemed probable though. Warm in the sun, and nice and cool in the breeze, perfect weather :)

Gorey is a good few miles inland.
    3 to 5 miles inland and the breeze from the sea is losing its tempering influence.
    More than 5 miles and its either dying out or becoming a warmed (by its land journey) breeze.
    After about 11am today,Arklows temp was in the high teens,no more except in say a sheltered garden.
    Gorey probably got 22 alright,similar to say the difference today between the phoenix park or Dublin airport and say Dun laoghaire.
    Courtown would have been no more than 18 or 19 either.

Man alive, had a look at the NAVGEM for the laugh...

navgem-0-144.png
    navgem-1-144.png
    navgem-8-144.png

:eek:

navgem-0-144.png
    navgem-1-144.png
    navgem-8-144.png

We will melt away if that comes off, super charts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

mike65 wrote: »
    I'll whisper this - its nearly cool

It's definitely cool here. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Quite serious drought conditions in line for south and east even in Sligo garavogue just a foot deep usually 3.feet.

Soil moisture deficits in southeast below 60 now so if it gets below 80 grass gets yellow then brown then black

Think that only thundery showers will save farmers

As far as I see an anticyclone seems to stay in the same place in the summer for weeks

• Advertisement

Looks at what Maq justed... :eek::eek: ' Sweet jesus' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

what is the chance of us getting a huricaine or some such thing from all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Quite muggy in South Tipp tonight, 19.0C and 88% RH

Pity about the lack of storms here this evening. Oh well, maybe next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

navgem-8-144.png

jaysus I love weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

whitebriar wrote: »
    Gorey is a good few miles inland.
    3 to 5 miles inland and the breeze from the sea is losing its tempering influence.
    More than 5 miles and its either dying out or becoming a warmed (by its land journey) breeze.
    After about 11am today,Arklows temp was in the high teens,no more except in say a sheltered garden.
    Gorey probably got 22 alright,similar to say the difference today between the phoenix park or Dublin airport and say Dun laoghaire.
    Courtown would have been no more than 18 or 19 either.

Ah yar, I've been up and down the coast the last week. It's been a feature actually, went from Delgany to Brittas Bay last weekend, and it felt like a difference of 5 degrees. Micro climate on the M50/N11 around Bray has been unreal, more like Spain than Ireland.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Looks at what Maq justed... :eek::eek: ' Sweet jesus' :eek:

It's not backed by the bigger models, chances of it getting that hot are slim. Fun to see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Quickelles wrote: »
    How often are you allowed open the screen door? :eek:

Down to 16c last night; highest low here so far - not sticky, still waiting for one more of those nights like I remember ;)

Nice E breeze and 23.4 at the moment. Cloudless of course as it always is in the Bay Area :D

Once an hour at most stations! But usually once a day here, barring times like this one has to nosey at the max when it cools down a bit - this is where the Davis is very handy - you can see the trend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

The forecast from MTC this morning... what can I say :-)

Lovely morning in south Donegal, a little cloud but not enough to cool things down to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah yar, I've been up and down the coast the last week. It's been a feature actually, went from Delgany to Brittas Bay last weekend, and it felt like a difference of 5 degrees. Micro climate on the M50/N11 around Bray has been unreal, more like Spain than Ireland.

I've always said it during the snow events, that the geography that means Bray gets less snow than all areas around it, to my chagrin, is the same geography that redeems itself the rest of the year. Wicklow and Dublin mountains wrap us here in Bray in their warmer dryer embrace. Fohn effect always has us a degree or so warmer in a SW or W'erly. The mountains act as a sponge for moisture. If its raining in Bray, you know it's bucketing down elsewhere. With the mountains all around its like we are inside a volcanic crater, trapping the heat from flowing away to the midlands and yet open on one side to let a cooling sea breeze in when we need it.

Lovely little micro-climate tbh. (Except for the Snow aspect) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Foggy,misty midland morning. 15C is 4 less than yesterday morning. Can't see above 22/23 once sun burns through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

We now have this low cloud over us here in Cork, similar to what we had in previous hot spells where the rest of the country reached 25 degrees but we were stuck at 16. Don't see it clearing anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

pauldry wrote: »
    Quite serious drought conditions in line for south and east even in Sligo garavogue just a foot deep usually 3.feet.

Soil moisture deficits in southeast below 60 now so if it gets below 80 grass gets yellow then brown then black

Think that only thundery showers will save farmers

As far as I see an anticyclone seems to stay in the same place in the summer for weeks

However, for all us farmers on heavy/wet land, this weather is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

18 C and cloudy in east clare this morning

20 here at 10am, beautiful sunny morning. Looking like yet another day in the mid-20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

navgem-0-144.png

Can you share a link to check NAVGEM?

soirish wrote: »
    Can you share a link to check NAVGEM?

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/navgeme_cartes.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Cloudy in youghal, sun trying to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭briany

The relative cool was great last night. Slept well with a blanket on me and everything! Dont see whats so bad about only 22/23 degrees during the day. Thats like the perfect temperature. Very comfortable and pleasant allowing people to go to the beach and wear feck all if they like while not being too oppressive. Those hoping for temps of 30 plus in a hot Summer are like those hoping for -10 during a cold snap i.e hoping for something completely unnecessary and somewhat extreme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Micro climate on the M50/N11 around Bray has been unreal, more like Spain than Ireland.

Indeed!

I thought I was the only one to have noticed that. It seems to be an area about 500m from the coast to where the land rises - no more than three km inland at any point, between Shankill and Bray Main St.

It is phenomenal how in such a huge variety of seasons and weather types it is consistently warmer and drier than the surrounding areas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Unexpected low cloud this morning kept it cool. It's only just passed 20C a few minutes ago and the sun is burning it's way through.

Low last night 12.5C was at 3am - so I guess that's when the cloud sneaked in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement