Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Cloudy here in cork :-(:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

not only cloudy here but feeling cool too, windows shut.
    it looks like normal service has resumed, lots of 16s and 17s on ME latest reports, a high of 25 today was a wild exaggeration.
    This image is the most familiar sign of summer and has been for as long as I've been looking at sat images - compare us and the UK, I must have seen this a million times!
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloud starting to break, I did a 1.5 mile walk at 8.30-9 and it was as dead as a very dead thing. Horrid.

18.4C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats people opinions of Saturday and Sunday? In the West specifically, Friday looking like a scorcher according to ME anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

not only cloudy here but feeling cool too, windows shut.
    it looks like normal service has resumed, lots of 16s and 17s on ME latest reports, a high of 25 today was a wild exaggeration.
    This image is the most familiar sign of summer and has been for as long as I've been looking at sat images - compare us and the UK, I must have seen this a million times!
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

It's 10am, I certainly wouldn't be expecting to see 25 at 10am today?
    The temps at the moment are spot on with what the models have, highs are not forecast until 3-6pm. I'm expecting low to mid 20's here in the south later amid breaks in the cloud.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Whats people opinions of Saturday and Sunday? In the West specifically, Friday looking like a scorcher according to ME anyway.

It's looking very good at the moment for the weekend, high 20's, little bit too far for details but the west may be warmer than the east due to the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

For those of you that might be interested, Ken Ring is on TodayFM at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gloating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

joe316 wrote: »

Since the fine spell it is now the Ubiquitous Ken Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Nahhhhhhh.....ill stick to MT. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Nahhhhhhh.....ill stick to MT. :rolleyes:

No need for the sarcasm, I never said that he was the gospel to weather forecasting, all I said that he was on for anyone interested.

I wont bother in future, f**ks sake you try and let people know that someone who is a bit of a crackpot when it comes to forecasting is on radio, Im sure there would be a few people interested in what he had to say.

I hate this forum sometimes.

• Advertisement

No need for the sarcasm, I never said that he was the gospel to weather forecasting, all I said that he was on for anyone interested.

I wont bother in future, f**ks sake you try and let people know that someone who is a bit of a crackpot when it comes to forecasting is on radio, Im sure there would be a few people interested in what he had to say.

I hate this forum sometimes.

There is absolutely no need for you to take my comment personally, I am perfectly entitled to also comment if I would rate MT forecasts above Ken Rings. And yes I am sure many people are genuinely interested in Ken Rings forecast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I dont recall Ken ring predicting this heatwave neither do I recall him predicting the heavy snow we had in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I'm sure he predicted it alright. People might be critical of his methods but as far as I'm concenrned he always seem to be spot on. Know loads of other people who think he is the best in the business as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

When I hear Ken Ring I just cant help thinking of Derek Acorah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'm sure he predicted it alright. People might be critical of his methods but as far as I'm concenrned he always seem to be spot on. Know loads of other people who think he is the best in the business as well

He's nearly always wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

This whole it being cloudy thing is over rated....

22 in Wexford town now. 20 here in Waterford, partly cloudy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun breaking through here now. :) 21.6c now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Ken Ring and stopped clocks.

Trouble is ,people on this forum often enough,with the better understanding they have, tend to know a stopped clock when they see one.
    Most of ray D'Arcy's show won't.

So this mornings interview is going to breed a whole new set of 'Ken Ring shur didn't he get it right ' groupies.

whitebriar wrote: »
    Ken Ring and stopped clocks.

Trouble is ,people on this forum often enough,with the better understanding they have, tend to know a stopped clock when they see one.
    Most of ray D'Arcy's show won't.

So this mornings interview is going to breed a whole new set of 'Ken Ring shur didn't he get it right ' groupies.

And those great weather guys that day in day out get good fairly accurate forecasts out that serve our Farmers, Coastguards, Aviation etc....... don't get the adulation Mr Ring does. :(

Also for a more reliable source here is the BBC Monthly Outlook, key time is 23rd onward as maybe we could be just a bit too far North for any continued Hot/Very Warm weather with Sunshine but still no deluge of rain on the horizon compared to last year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭briany

Cool and overcast here in my part of NCD. Cloud doesn't look like it's in a hurry to shift. Another great night's sleep last night. It's amazing what a difference even the lightest of breezes makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Brightening up in Castlebar now. Light to moderate Westerly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The cloud isn't moving at all here in Galway...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

11 days without a drop of rain here, I wonder what's the record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭greenpilot

What's the weather for Westport tomorrow? I'm painting my van. Thanks!

21 in Waterford now and rising as the sky clears, feels a little warmer than that. Wexford seems to be doing the best today so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

Seems accurate to me, this from march this year which was freezing!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/weather-guru-predicts-ongoing-winter-226678.html

So I'll go with Mr Rings predictions, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Cloud starting to thin out in Athlone area now.

The Spider wrote: »
    Seems accurate to me, this from march this year which was freezing!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/weather-guru-predicts-ongoing-winter-226678.html

So I'll go with Mr Rings predictions, thank you very much!

Ken Ring 2011 :
    In July, he says temperatures will reach a tropical 30 degrees with possibly drought conditions expected in August followed by a balmy September.

Weather guru Ken Ring says we're in for a summer scorcher

Reality 2011 :
    Ireland’s summer has been the coldest for almost 50 years...

Coldest Irish summer in 50 years - its official

Ireland gets warm spells and heatwaves once every several years, if someone keeps predicting a heatwave in the middle of summer eventually it will happen. It's not nothing to do with looking at the Moon or the waves 6 months in advance. Wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

Ken Ring 2011 :

Weather guru Ken Ring says we're in for a summer scorcher

Reality 2011 :

Coldest Irish summer in 50 years - its official

Ireland gets warm spells and heatwaves once every several years, if someone keeps predicting a heatwave in the middle of summer eventually it will happen. It's not nothing to do with looking at the Moon or the waves 6 months in advance. Wake up.

The link you posted for his prediction is for this year 2013, the article was written on 02 Jan 2013

Think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/moon-reader-predicting-a-long-hot-summer-26611051.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement