Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A finger of fog is just enough to ruin the day at Malin Head. 14 degrees colder than the midlands

Actually it sounds nice for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

So we are up to 28c, what can we get to? 31c seems achievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Oak park already hit 30 last week. Saw it on met eireann website one of the days

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Mass Build up of cloud here in Newbridge. 26.5 at present. I smell a storm brewing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

30 easily, so long as the current cloud bubbling up around the South Kildare and Carlow area dies off and doesn't hinder the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Would be great to see the magic 32C 90F reached. I think the next couple of days represents the best run at it - too much cloud perhaps next week, though it will still be very warm/hot

Am almost welcoming a cool down, after all the heat, though I know as soon as its gone, we'll miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Oak park already hit 30 last week. Saw it on met eireann website one of the days

Don't think it did, as far as I am aware we have have not officially hit 30 in any of the ME stations this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

29.5 is the highest met station so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I can confirm at 6pm on 12th July that met eireann website had oak park at 30. Don't know precise temperature but 30 reading came through

I can confirm at 6pm on 12th July that met eireann website had oak park at 30. Don't know precise temperature but 30 reading came through
    REPORTS FROM OAK PARK (A) Date Rainfall
    (mm)
    Max
    Temp
    (°C)
    Min
    Temp
    (°C)
    Grass Min Temp
    (°C)
    Mean Wind Speed (knots) Gusts
    (if >= 34 knots)
    Sunshine
    (hours)
    12/7/2013 0 29.5 11.3 6.8 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Don't think it did, as far as I am aware we have have not officially hit 30 in any of the ME stations this year

Oak Park and a Met Eireann Climate Station in Durrow both hit 30 last week.
    REPORTS FROM OAK PARK (A) Date Rainfall
    (mm)
    Max
    Temp
    (°C)
    Min
    Temp
    (°C)
    Grass Min Temp
    (°C)
    Mean Wind Speed (knots) Gusts
    (if >= 34 knots)
    Sunshine
    (hours)
    12/7/2013 0 29.5 11.3 6.8 4

It was listed on the Met Eireann reports page as 30 at the time and they pointed it out on the TV forecast that evening too. Not sure why it's 29.5 there.

Oak Park and a Met Eireann Climate Station in Durrow both hit 30 last week.

I have just had a look at Oak Park for the whole of July on the ME website and the highest is 29.5 on July 12th, I presume these are the figures they use for official record purposes, can't comment on Durrow as I don't have access to that data

I have just had a look at Oak Park for the whole of July on the ME website and the highest is 29.5 on July 12th, I presume these are the figures they use for official record purposes, can't comment on Durrow as I don't have access to that data

I dunno if the TV forecast is still available on RTE Player, but if you look back in this thread you can see the reactions when the 30 was hit. :)

Here's the station in Durrow : http://www.laoisweather.com/wxnoaarecords.php

I dunno if the TV forecast is still available on RTE Player, but if you look back in this thread you can see the reactions when the 30 was hit. :)

Here's the station in Durrow : http://www.laoisweather.com/wxnoaarecords.php

So at the end of the year if ME are asked what the highest temp was for the summer will they be able to use the Durrow figures?

So at the end of the year if ME are asked what the highest temp was for the summer will they be able to use the Durrow figures?

Well it's an offical climatological station. (http://www.met.ie/about/weatherobservingstations/climap.asp) Maybe send them an email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Wow Malin has sky rocketed to 15c, take care in the heat up there folks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

For hourly latest reports data, temps are reported to zero decimal places so ME round up or down the figures using mathematical rounding. eg 29.0 to 29.4 is rounded down to 29 but 29.5 to 29.9 is rounded up to 30. That is why you saw 30 when the temp of 29.5 was recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

28.9C in Galway city - looking like today will beat the station record of 29.2C set earlier this month on July 9th

(Station is a Davis Vantage Pro 2 with 24hr FARS located c.100m from the site of the now defunct Met Eireann Climatological Station at NUIG)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

New record of 31.2c so far today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

N/W Kildare at the minute, boiling. :D

19 July 2013 15:04:45

Temperature (°C):
    Current 30.6
    Trend (per hour) +0.8
    Average today 20.3
    Wind chill 30.6
    Heat Index 31.0
    Dew Point 17.0
    Rel Humidity 44%

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 1017.3
    Trend (per hour) -0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Not looking forward to the first 30 seconds in my car later this evening, it's been in direct sunlight since 8:30 and it was 17 degrees then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Interesting how roches point is warmer than cork airport.
    Perhaps an indication of how above normal sea temps are which will of course weaken sea breeze cooling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Waterford slacking at 26.7, peak of 26.9. Should reach yesterdays peak - 27.7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

82000 posts? bloody hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

29C sofar, surely someone will make the magic 30C by 4pm.
    As I said earlier I still think outside chance of a 32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

New station record
    29.8C at 15.18 PM

29C sofar, surely someone will make the magic 30C by 4pm.
    As I said earlier I still think outside chance of a 32

Yeah Oak Park, Shannon and Mt Dillion all on 29c, one of the 3 has to make it!!!:)

3pm has 3 stations at 29 and 7 stations at 28. It's warm out there. :cool:

A couple of hours left to hit 30, still looking possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just hit 31.5c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement