Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

This is a tweet from Galway weather from 22 mins ago. What does the falling slowly part signify ?

Air pressure, the high pressure is moving northwest and low pressure is moving towards Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Yup ~ Meself and Himself moved out into a big roomy tent in the garden due to an excess of teenage visitors..Gave the house over to the young folk. OH MY GOD ~ it is lovely and cool sleeping in the the shade of the trees....Bliss :)
    you had a jangle ...didnt you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This is a tweet from Galway weather from 22 mins ago. What does the falling slowly part signify ?

Air pressure slowly decreasing as the high drifts further away from us and weakens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Air pressure slowly decreasing as the high drifts further away from us and weakens.

Ha, making me look lazy :D

Fecking baking here in Naas, I would love a good thunderstorm and downpour right about now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Ha, making me look lazy :D

Fecking baking here in Naas, I would love a good thunderstorm and downpour right about now

Same out my way, temps were tipping 30ish around 1pm, cooled down to a sweltering 27.7 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Nice and cool here in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

New Station Record for Galway city weather

30.5C at 15.38 PM :D

Shannon @ 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temps doing well here despite the breeze 27.9c

pad199207 wrote: »
    Temps doing well here despite the breeze 27.9c

Real feel of 34c :D Stunning day.

• Advertisement

Deank wrote: »
    Real feel of 34c :D Stunning day.

Ya can't beat a hot real feel....

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Nice and cool here in cork.

Cool??!! It's roasting! Yeah there's a breeze but its still hot!

leahyl wrote: »
    Cool??!! It's roasting! Yeah there's a breeze but its still hot!

I think I've aclimatized...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I think I've aclimatized...

That's the spirit. I'm going to miss this heatwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Are there any Thunderstorms bubbling up in the NW or elsewhere? I can't check atm

Weathering wrote: »
    Are there any Thunderstorms bubbling up in the NW or elsewhere? I can't check atm

No sign of any yet.

http://sat24.com/?ir=true&co=false&ra=false&li=true

No nothing yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

This should help some of the softer people here: http://feedly.com/k/mZtl2H

12Z GFS has us stuggling to reach mid-20's tomorrow. Today could well be the last day we see high 20's. A gradual increase in cloud, showers and cooler temps then from Tuesday/Wednesday with low pressure sitting to our west for day : southwesterlies and rain...RIP heatwave.

That's the spirit. I'm going to miss this heatwave.

So am I. Don't think I'm gonna b able to handle the cold

• Advertisement

12Z GFS has us stuggling to reach mid-20's tomorrow. Today could well be the last day we see high 20's. A gradual increase in cloud, showers and cooler temps then from Tuesday/Wednesday with low pressure sitting to our west for day : southwesterlies and rain...RIP heatwave.

Aren't the chances of a reload of hot weather later in the month looking positive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

The funny thing is, when the temperature gets to 16 c in the coming weeks we will all be wearing hats and jackets thinking it's cold.

Two weeks ago i could not handle the heat at all, i was in bits, but now it's just a walk in the park. It just goes to show you how easy it is to acclimatise to it.

zenno wrote: »
    The funny thing is, when the temperature gets to 16 c in the coming weeks we will all be wearing hats and jackets thinking it's cold.

Two weeks ago i could not handle the heat at all, i was in bits, but now it's just a walk in the park. It just goes to show you how easy it is to acclimatise to it.

i know. it was 19C last week and i was cold.

Aren't the chances of a reload of hot weather later in the month looking positive?

I don't see that on the models at the moment anyway. Maybe in August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭briany

i know. it was 19C last week and i was cold.

The turf man will have a bumper Summer remainder come the drop off into a near Arctic 18-22 degrees Celsius.

Two weeks of above average weather for this time of year and the place goes haywire. :D I love to see people enjoying the good weather and all but I can't help but take a secret cynical pleasure in the onset of normal weather scupper those tentative plans to build a replica Spanish villa replete with swimming pool and pristine white walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

All the cloud gone here now in south mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

ive been complaining about it being too hot but i love it now.I wasnt used to it actually being warm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

So on RTE the weather's been sultry..Siobhan..
    Her dress matched the charts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Did you not see news yesterday?
    They had a pro on talking about the weather, the Donegal postman said it will last until the 7th or 8th of August at least. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Ken ring said there would be around the second half of August. He got the dates right for July

from the 8 and 9th of July he said there be a heatwave of 9 days. (brought us up to to (17th and 18th) Then another burst of heat between the 19th and 24th (he said it be more unsettled then after that) and it seems like its heading that way.

The August dates he said the 12th and 13th onwards. Only time will tell on that! Hes predictions from jan 2013

http://www.rosfm.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ken-Ring-Summer-Prediction.mp3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement