Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

jaffusmax wrote: »
    People should ask themselves would they go up in a Hot Air Balloon on a day Ken Ring predicts calm sunny weather while Met Eireann predicts Gales and Gusts!

I'm sure some people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Quickelles wrote: »
    Unless August is an exceptional month this Summer will not be in the same league as '76 and '95.

Indeed a poor late July and August could still make this Summer hardly much more than average.

You are being a little bit disingenuous if you don't mind me saying, this summer had already been incredible best summer since 2006 unquestionably! average summer ?well you are letting yourself down with that statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

dexter647 wrote: »
    I really wish I was a mod every time i hear the name Ken Ring:mad:....A pure and utter con man that takes money from the less informed...Derek Acorah eat your heart out

Have to disagree. I and most people i know are big fans. He's not always right but he's pretty accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Have to disagree. I and most people i know are big fans. He's not always right but he's pretty accurate.

I only heard of him this year. I be following him from now on. Its hard to look back in time and see how accurate he was before. Some of that information is missing from the web.

From now on i will be watching to see how accurate he is, like for the rest of the year and beyond. Kind of a test, was hes prediction for July a fluke, or is he genuine.

Next year I'll be more certain.

I just find it odd he predicted the dates so accurately for this month.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Predicting good weather in June in this case is another story. Ken ring predicted good weather in Jan 2013 and gave dates for it.

He said the 8th and 9th of July. If he was predicting off the top of his head. why does dates?

Why not June 8th and 9th why not July 2th and 3th or 15th or 16th.

He said the 8th and 9th (accurate) last 9 days (accurate) again another burst of good sunshine from the 19th to the 23 and 24th of July ( accurate it seems) then Ken ring said it will be unsettled around the 24th (again seems accurate)

If he was predicting of the top of his head why would he say the weather would be unsettled coming into this week?

If hes a con man it doesn't explain how he got this month right before anyone else. August will be a test mind you. if hes wrong there i'll take back what i said about him.

Ken Ring has been discussed to the point of no return on these here forums ,

He has been found to be mostly incorrect , used to always post in here too trying to pimp his wares , He was pulled up many a time about the inaccuracies in his predictions , of which there was an awful lot and he never had any answers .

LET THERE BE NO MORE TALK OF HIM PLEASE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

19c Here in cork. i might b getting used to the heat during the day, but night not so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Ken Ring has been discussed to the point of no return on these here forums ,

He has been found to be mostly incorrect , used to always post in here too trying to pimp his wares , He was pulled up many a time about the inaccuracies in his predictions , of which there was an awful lot and he never had any answers .

LET THERE BE NO MORE TALK OF HIM PLEASE

Ok, but if hes right for August. Please allow me to say so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Quickelles wrote: »
    Unless August is an exceptional month this Summer will not be in the same league as '76 and '95.

Indeed a poor late July and August could still make this Summer hardly much more than average.

Well so far this is the best treat we got in 7 years. Even if the rest of the season goes poor it will still be remembered as one of the better summers. It has the potential of beating 1995. August in most years is a copy cat month. You remember last year. It looks like August this year will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Actually found the sea breeze a bit cooler today especially in the shade,may be just me :),will be gutted if we don't get a bit of thunder activity after all this nice weather with the breakdown currently being predicted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ok, but if hes right for August. Please allow me to say so:)

Take it to the paranormal forum. This is a science forum.

Can we can back to the weather now lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A fresher feel this evening and night.

There was I thinking a new highest minimum for my station 18C from last night, but then the temperature has falling like a rock when the sun went down and no record...currently 16.3C.

But is was lovely for a walk.

Maquiladora, thanks for your posts and knowledge, do you think we will get much rain in the south east this coming week from what you see of the weather models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

RobertKK wrote: »
    A fresher feel this evening

In contrast it's a sultry 22C in Galway city at midnight

Thanks also Maq for sharing your knowledge & expertise - much appreciated

JM Skipton wrote: »
    You are being a little bit disingenuous if you don't mind me saying, this summer had already been incredible best summer since 2006 unquestionably! average summer ?well you are letting yourself down with that statement!

Nope. If we have a bad August there will be nothing exceptional about this summer.

But I remember '75, '76, '83, '84, a string of summers from '87 to the early 90's; '95 and several around the turn of the century as well as 2006.

A bad August and summer 2013 is nothing special.

Folk are impressed by the grass being burnt brown; I remember when this happened every other year.

And that stats support me!

Didn't even make 30C in the RoI....

14.5 here now; no wind and 95% rh so it feels mild enough.

rather windy this morning. but still warm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Does anyone know if this cloud will burn off on the east coast in time for the Bray Airshow today between 3-6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Calibos wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this cloud will burn off on the east coast in time for the Bray Airshow today between 3-6pm?

It should improve from what it is now but it will remain somewhat cloudy, impossible to know the extent but you have the best chance at that time of day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Cloudier and cooler today. I'd say 24/25 maybe today maximum IF sun gets through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cazzy15

I hope it last, we are off to England Friday , but it looks like its not gonna be nice over there :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Is this the end of good weather??

• Advertisement

*gasp* it rained here in cork. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Marked change this morning. Defiently fresher. Could struggle to get to 22 33 today after 30 yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloudy then broke and now cloudy again. A fitful breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Warm and sunny in the west

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A drop off rain would be perfect, sick of watering the plants every evening.
    Also, be nice not to sweat to sleep every night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Arghh!! Rain! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

A lot of lighting activity off the SW coast . Sat24.com

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

rained during the night here in cork.Noted difference in weather today.Cloudy and fresh but still warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

viota wrote: »
    rained during the night here in cork.Noted difference in weather today.Cloudy and fresh but still warm.

A lot cooler in North county Dublin today lots cloud cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Still like soup here in KK. It seems cooler and overcast but still sweating like bejaysus when i get up to do anything. According to Kilkennyweather.com it's about 19.6 but the humidity is 72% so maybe that accounts for it. I just want to feel fresh and energetic again. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement