Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Bit disappointing here in Cork, complete cloud cover at the moment.

Not to worry, cleared up nicely now. Lovely. :)

Just a reminder of forecasted temperatures tomorrow afternoon for anyone interested:

image.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Glorious here in Naas, not a cloud in sight. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Aaaaaa now its raining in Galway where is the Sun

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Starting to feel warm now. 22.4c atm. Clear blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There's cloud down here that just won't burn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Beautiful down here in the sunny south east!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,925 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ugh. Sticky rain. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Honestly,what's the story here in Galway. Getting messages from people over in the east,sounds like a totally different country. lashing rain at the moment and not warm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Radar is showing rain in Galway and County

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

This was expected though... they always said Saturday would be nice in the east with cloud in the west and northwest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Not being rude but no need for a radar to see that!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ryanf1 wrote: »
    There's cloud down here that just won't burn off.

Where are you? The City is sunny since first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

leahyl wrote: »
    Very disappointing so fat but sun trying to break through!!

I bet you're not that fat really lol!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

mike65 wrote: »
    Where are you? The City is sunny since first thing.

Had a txt from my sis who lives in Ardmore and she said its was cloudy there but has cleared up in the last 10 mins.
    Clear skies in Waterford City and warming nicely to 19.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Oh, Thundersnow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

This was expected though... they always said Saturday would be nice in the east with cloud in the west and northwest.

Exactly. Cloud and damp weather was predicted for the Northwestern half of Ireland 2 days ago. Anyone complaining should have checked in to a B&B on the east coast for the weekend, if you're able to, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Just got cloudy all of a sudden in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lovely now in Cork but there is a bit of a wind - but it's not cold at all, very warm!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just come back from a glorous sunny Dublin and it's cloudy in Meath:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

The same was said about Madden. There is no scientifically sound way to predict the weather almost 6 months beforehand, it just isn't possible in this part of the world. It really doesn't matter if he has been lucky before, you can always take a wild guess and end up being right (sort of) but if his methods don't stand up to scrutiny the "science crowd" have no reason to take him seriously.

Guess? I doubt it, he specifically said last year this summer will be like our 1995 summer. Its shaping up that way.

Who else in Jan 2013 was saying we get a heatwave in July? We have not got nice weather in July for years. So, hes prediction back in Jan of 2013 seemed a stupid one.

He seems to have predicted our weather accurately before. I take notice of that unlike you. Anyway, i have my view you have yours. Have a nice day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Was in Galway this morning it was cloudy and I got wet!
    Home now and it is overcast, had some light rain, temperature has dropped from a high of 17.3 to 16.8 and the wind is blowing and gusting to 25mph. No sign of skies clearing or any upgrade in temperature. In other words the same weather we have been having for weeks. The only thing we haven't had today is the fog.

NW Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

RoisinD wrote: »
    Was in Galway this morning it was cloudy and I got wet!
    Home now and it is overcast, had some light rain, temperature has dropped from a high of 17.3 to 16.8 and the wind is blowing and gusting to 25mph. No sign of skies clearing or any upgrade in temperature. In other words the same weather we have been having for weeks. The only thing we haven't had today is the fog.

NW Clare

Here's a sign for ya. ;) If you can hang on til Monday, Galway will probably be one of the warmest places in the country, a few degrees off 30.

YxJMlGC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Here's a sign for ya. ;) If you can hang on til Monday, Galway will probably be one of the warmest places in the country, a few degrees off 30.

Thank you for that but the fly in the ointment is that we will all be at work. Still better that than what we have now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Scorching in arklow all day. Still 22c in the garden and a little breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Completely clouded over now in Cork.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

29C forecasted for next Sun just there on 6pm RTE news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

PauloMN wrote: »

And that was countrywide.

No hideouts for heat haters like me.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Completely clouded over now in Cork.

i know. what's up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

PauloMN wrote: »

As in tomorrow or Sunday week ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

km79 wrote: »
    As in tomorrow or Sunday week ?

Next Sunday. Tomorrow is Sunday. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement