Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unemployment or sh!t job ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Whenever we talk about depression in this country, no one ever mentions the sense of burdening responsibility people have to conform to the capitalist system and do a job they hate which makes their life depressing. Good for you, OP; you only have one life so there's no point in not trying to enjoy it.

We're only what 2 generations away from 'a start is a start' and 'sites in England'? These were very real realities for everybody 30 years ago, and of course many people would follow on in that vein. Today it's 'internship experience is experience' and 'sites in Aus'. What I think is very difficult sometimes is to bridge the gap between social expectation and reality. Working on the sites in England, getting your start as an apprentice plumber of whatever were hard jobs and certainly I know few people who have done such things and want their Children to have to do it. Some people think you should just suck it up and work at anything you can get. They attach equal worth to everybody so long as they have some job. The problem with this is that OP has learned Spanish, and been derided by some. Guess what? That opens his employment market to 21 countries and 400 million people. That's worth a few months of minimum wage work if used correctly.

I was offered a good job at a subsidiary of a large FS company in the UK. I would have had a mental break down had I taken it though. But of course this is Ireland so we've to 'get on with it'. You're right, nobody has a right to deride somebodys life choices if they are legitimately trying to pursue a happy and indeed work-filled life. I'm so sorry to be 'leeching off' the state, please forgive me for destroying the country and making Irish Culture greedy closed off and cynical oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I find it funny that some posters are saying "You only live once" dont bother working

why should the taxpayer look after somebody who has zero interest in working..why should a % of my hard earned go to somebody so useless that they have zero interest in bettering themselves

This is poor trolling at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Specialun wrote: »
    I find it funny that some posters are saying "You only live once" dont bother working

why should the taxpayer look after somebody who has zero interest in working..why should a % of my hard earned go to somebody so useless that they have zero interest in bettering themselves

So is it ok for me to be on social welfare; I'm learning a language and a technical skill to make myself more employable?

Of course FAS denied me access to a course/internship combo because I'm too recently on the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Wow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

dd972 wrote: »

Don't forget to update the thread when you are living there and employed in a call center speaking Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

OP, nice sentiments and all, but you'll find it harder to get into your ideal job with massive CV gaps.

Work ethic is important, whatever the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    So is it ok for me to be on social welfare; I'm learning a language and a technical skill to make myself more employable?

Of course it is, if you're continually looking for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I have a position somewhere between the two. I was on the dole for years and enjoyed it as my brother and friend were unemployed too. Then things changed. I got a job a few years ago in a call center, it was better than other jobs I'd been in so I stuck at and now I'm in a cushy manager role where frankly I'm not very busy most of the time, although it's a important role and I do it well.

I'm not very ambitious. Not for me the constant striving to exceed others and work my way up. I'm happy in my work and even happier in my home life with a great girlfriend who shares my outlook on life. So in reality it's a bit like being on the dole, except I get paid much more and can live how I like. I don't have expensive hobbies, cars or mortgages, can save a good fraction of my pay and can enjoy life.

That being said, I'm actively looking for a new job for extra responsibility and money right now and am waiting to hear back about an interview result. Got to move on sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Specialun wrote: »

I can only speak for myself, but I am not saying the ultimate goal should be to leech off the state. I'm saying we should get rid of the system that makes people miserable if they work and a parasitic layabout if they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I can only speak for myself, but I am not saying the ultimate goal should be to leech off the state. I'm saying we should get rid of the system that makes people miserable if they work and a parasitic layabout if they don't.

Some of us seem to be quite happy working and being a useful part of society :confused:
    Whenever we talk about depression in this country, no one ever mentions the sense of burdening responsibility people have to conform to the capitalist system and do a job they hate which makes their life depressing. Good for you, OP; you only have one life so there's no point in not trying to enjoy it.

I actually find it very depressing to know that some of my taxes are supporting people that can't be bothered working cause it 'interferes' with their lifestyles. What about that huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Way to go OP.

I'm glad your making an effort in regards to obtaining a job during this difficult time.

wexie wrote: »
    Some of us seem to be quite happy working and being a useful part of society :confused:

I actually find it very depressing to know that some of my taxes are supporting people that can't be bothered working cause it 'interferes' with their lifestyles. What about that huh?

We live in a society that values conformity and productivity for the sake of productivity over the physical and emotional well-being of its people. It's no wonder poor people are way more likely to kill themselves. This is an inescapable fact of the system in which we live, and no amount of 'me bleedin' taxes' will change this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ILikeFriday

Looking at it as "which will make me happier right now?" is a big short-sighted. The job might lead to something better. The OP mentioned working in a call centre. But that will lead to opportunities to become a team leader and then a manager (better paid), and once you have management experience maybe you can look at using transferable skills in other fields.

Also, even if you were in a job with no prospects, you avoid a gap on your CV, making it easer to find something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I'd take unemployment and the dole over a sh!t job anytime.

My rationale ? I've despised every job I've ever had, they've mostly been in call centres or offices and don't suit my psychological and emotional nature, don't get me wrong, I have a huge work ethic and would take anything that involved a degree of autonomy, a decent wedge, being out and about all day etc, if I was offered a job as a Train Driver or long distance HGV Driver job I'd bite the hand off that was offering it to me tomorrow or if I was offered the chance to become an Electrician or Plumber I'd do it, autonomy, knowing what lied ahead of you every day, not being at people's whims, decent pay etc.

I've spent the large part of the time unemployed learning Spanish and following all the things that I'm into online such as politics, current affairs, sports etc, I'd consider it a greater waste of my life being sat in some call centre or office regurgitating the same old sh!te down the phone to customers, being at the whim of every Joe Soap's bad humour or gripe and being miserable among a load of people politickers, workheads and backstabbers or having to suck up the 'centre of the universe' corporate B.S of the employer.

I just think there's a certain type of individual who's better off being employed in any capacity as they are probably blind to the prospects and life enhancing possibilities of unemployment and are more suited to being in any sort of duff job. Bands like The Clash, Sex Pistols or Dexy Midnight Runners would never have materialised without the dolite, squatting scene of the 70's / 80's.

Recent psychological research have also proposed that being stuck in a low paid, unenjoyable, high stress job with little or no prospects is far more damaging to emotional and mental health than being unemployed for long periods, and research showed that the long term unemployed were no more worse off in terms of being susceptible to depression than those in work.

I must say, you sound like a tool.
    I also love the way your writing this message at near 2 in the morning on Sunday, to further compound that I dont want to work.

You wont ever get anywhere in life the way you carry on. No one really likes their job, its called work for a reason, you do it so you can have the other fun stuff in life.

We live in a society that values conformity and productivity for the sake of productivity over the physical and emotional well-being of its people. It's no wonder poor people are way more likely to kill themselves. This is an inescapable fact of the system in which we live, and no amount of 'me bleedin' taxes' will change this.

Well Boohoo....

First of all, that's kinda how society works, if there are no productive members of a society then there's no errr...society worth mentioning.

Second, you're conveniently skipping over the link between non-conformity and being poor. If you don't feel like conforming to a society then why, pray tell, would you feel this society has any duty to look after you?

By all means live your life the way you want to, if you can't find fulfilment in a call center job find something else. Go whittle bikini's from driftwood for all I care. But as far as I'm concerned if you refuse to take a job because it doesn't suit your lifestyle then you're just a mooch. Take the job and in your spare time skill up to something that suits you better. Plenty of people out there that would be delighted with any kind of job.

Sounds to me like a lot of BS from a bunch of bone idle lazy people looking for excuses as to why they needn't work.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Well Boohoo....

First of all, that's kinda how society works, if there are no productive members of a society then there's no errr...society worth mentioning.

Second, you're conveniently skipping over the link between non-conformity and being poor. If you don't feel like conforming to a society then why, pray tell, would you feel this society has any duty to look after you?

By all means live your life the way you want to, if you can't find fulfilment in a call center job find something else. Go whittle bikini's from driftwood for all I care. But as far as I'm concerned if you refuse to take a job because it doesn't suit your lifestyle then you're just a mooch. Take the job and in your spare time skill up to something that suits you better. Plenty of people out there that would be delighted with any kind of job.

Sounds to me like a lot of BS from a bunch of bone idle lazy people looking for excuses as to why they needn't work.

My point is that the stress and lack of satisfaction that comes from doing menial work for someone else is curiously absent from the discourse about depression, when it should be central to it. This is an inconvenient truth for capitalists - we live in a society that only values people who contribute their labour and make money for people who make them miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I was unemployed for a fair while, I did a few Fas courses and a Jobbridge Internship to pass the time.
    I got a job just before Christmas, crap hours and even crapper pay but I'd still prefer it any day over the dole. I'll be doing a night course come September so I can hopefully get a decent job out of it, but until then I'm just gonna grin and bear it and remember what it used to be like for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

There are quite a few different ways of looking at this issue.

I can sympathise with the OP to a large extent. After all, people often spend many years studying at considerable cost to themselves to become extremely knowledgeable in their chosen field. Why should that person then have to work in a call centre or some other inane position where he or she will probably be shouted at or hassled by a superior who has not even half their intelligence? The way I see it, you go to university to get an education but also an advantage in the job market.

Nevertheless, as has already been mentioned, a willingness to do anything is highly appreciated in employers. Plus the question comes up of large gaps on a CV. If a potential employer sees a gap of three years which cannot be accounted for, (ie with a degree) this can pose serious questions, even in a time of economic crisis.

Now what the OP is doing, ie learning Spanish, is in my eyes unquestionably a positive development, he is using his brain in order to better himself and is not sitting around doing nothing. But I am not an employer, which means that an employer will probably not share my viewpoint. The latter may think he should be filling his time with some sort of employment, even if it means something that he would rather stick pins in his eyes than do. Even though learning another language will certainly give him an extra asset on his CV, it will not always be appreciated by everyone. In the British Isles, we tend to have a bit of a 'if you're not working you're a lazy dosser' attitude, which is certainly based on factual events and opinions, but often does not tell the full story. This is especially relevant when introducing the harsh realities of a recession into the mix.

The dole thing is also tricky. The traditional view was that if you were single with no dependents, you could maybe stay at home until you found something you liked. Should you have a child on the other hand, well in order to provide for it, you should be prepared to do anything, lick the streets clean if necessary. But now the benefits simply increase if you have children so this argument is no longer relevant.

There is also the recent development which has been a big problem for me personally, where many menial or not particularly exciting jobs, ie call centre or shops/pubs, will refuse to take people on with better qualifications than the position entails, out of fear of them leaving once they find something better. This is of course the dreaded 'over-qualified' scenario. I suppose as long as the OP has sufficient funds to support himself (without wanting to get into how much is provided by the State), well he should certainly have the option to wait a little while until he finds something more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

allibastor wrote: »
    I must say, you sound like a tool.
    I also love the way your writing this message at near 2 in the morning on Sunday, to further compound that I dont want to work.

Better being a tool than a c**t, old chap, and anyway Dad isn't the time one goes to bed up to themselves once they're past a certain age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

IM0 wrote: »
    learning spanish lol yeah thatll come in real handy what with spain booming an all

Ehhh....South America?

• Advertisement

OnTheCouch wrote: »

I can sympathise with the OP to a large extent. After all, people often spend many years studying at considerable cost to themselves to become extremely knowledgeable in their chosen field. Why should that person then have to work in a call centre or some other inane position where he or she will probably be shouted at or hassled by a superior who has not even half their intelligence? The way I see it, you go to university to get an education but also an advantage in the job market.

Nevertheless, as has already been mentioned, a willingness to do anything is highly appreciated in employers. Plus the question comes up of large gaps on a CV. If a potential employer sees a gap of three years which cannot be accounted for, (ie with a degree) this can pose serious questions, even in a time of economic crisis.

Now what the OP is doing, ie learning Spanish, is in my eyes unquestionably a positive development, he is using his brain in order to better himself and is not sitting around doing nothing. But I am not an employer, which means that an employer will probably not share my viewpoint. The latter may think he should be filling his time with some sort of employment, even if it means something that he would rather stick pins in his eyes than do. Even though learning another language will certainly give him an extra asset on his CV, it will not always be appreciated by everyone. In the British Isles, we tend to have a bit of a 'if you're not working you're a lazy dosser' attitude, which is certainly based on factual events and opinions, but often does not tell the full story. This is especially relevant when introducing the harsh realities of a recession into the mix.

The dole thing is also tricky. The traditional view was that if you were single with no dependents, you could maybe stay at home until you found something you liked. Should you have a child on the other hand, well in order to provide for it, you should be prepared to do anything, lick the streets clean if necessary. But now the benefits simply increase if you have children so this argument is no longer relevant.

There is also the recent development which has been a big problem for me personally, where many menial or not particularly exciting jobs, ie call centre or shops/pubs, will refuse to take people on with better qualifications than the position entails, out of fear of them leaving once they find something better. This is of course the dreaded 'over-qualified' scenario. I suppose as long as the OP has sufficient funds to support himself (without wanting to get into how much is provided by the State), well he should certainly have the option to wait a little while until he finds something more suitable.

Thanks for the reasoned and non judgmental response, for the record, what you've described at the end is pretty much what my situation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ILikeFriday

You've talked about how you would love the opportunity to become a train driver or a HGV driver is someone offered it to you.

How much have you looked into what you would need to do in order to become either of these? what's the irish rail recruitment process? where can you learn to drive a HGV and pass the test, which would be a great start even you didn't have much experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I would always want to be working myself, even if it is a sh1t job, there are other benefits to getting up and going out to work to me than just the pay.

I did find myself on the dole for a couple of months and can understand how people settle for it, but it should not he a more attractive package than working, especially financially.

There are always going to be people who milk it for all its worth though.

There are always going to be people who milk it for all its worth though.

This is very true, However too many threads, rants, no enough done about the people who actually milk the system of the generous dole system.

Still, one day we will learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Unless you are studying you will always be better off working then being on the dole in the long term. A crap job could turn into a good job you might find something else you would like to do in the company you work for or it could pay for night classes or further study to go back and do what you want to.

My point is that the stress and lack of satisfaction that comes from doing menial work for someone else is curiously absent from the discourse about depression, when it should be central to it. This is an inconvenient truth for capitalists - we live in a society that only values people who contribute their labour and make money for people who make them miserable.

I'll quite happily agree with you that doing a job you don't like can be very stressful or depressing. However I don't think the correct thing to do is to then simply go sit at home and bemoan how society is unfair. Go and find a job that gives you more fulfilment, or a job with more freedom so you can get your jollies in your spare time, or learn a new skill towards the job that suits better.

As someone already pointed out : it's work, it's not always going to be pleasant for everybody. There are few fortunate enough to make a living out of a hobby and even for them at times it becomes....work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Liking the chart results fellas, good to know we're not afraid to grin and bear it! Unemployment, for me, meant 90 quid a week for two and a half years. Working now at min wage which is still three times that soooo, I'm afraid its the job for me!:D

Better being a tool than a c**t, old chap, and anyway Dad isn't the time one goes to bed up to themselves once they're past a certain age?

I am 28 dude. I just need sleep for my job.

My job that I got cause I went to college for 5 years, then worked for a while. Then lost my job. The went back to college for a year, then worked for 2 years in a really crappy job to get expereince for.

I suppose, i could have just waited on another really high paying job like my last one to come along, cause you know, jobs actually come knocking on your door all the time.

OnTheCouch wrote: »

Its always great to be able to get a job that suits you to the ground, but unfortunatly that doesnt happen. In the mean time you need to do something to further keep your skills up to date and to gain the expereicne that you require.

If i could give you an example. In my old profession I was extremly good at my job, I was able to progress very quickly. Unfortunatly the recession hit and companies were now able to chose very selectivly who to work with them. I had around 2.5 years experience and any job I went for would not even respond to you with less then 5 years, most often 10.

The OP will have the very same problem, and long gaps are very hard to explain on a CV;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm in a job I despise. I truly hate it. I'm job hunting at the moment. I couldn't face going back on the dole full time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I think the poll results at least give some hope to us all. Most people hate their job, I can never actually remember having a job where I ran in the door each morning excited for the day. But the pride of making my own cash always meant a hell of a lot more than signing on to me.

There are days I wish the Dept of SP would trace IP addresses and find these people and just cut their SW, it is these shítty attitudes that have people against all those on SW these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, work is work, and the thoughts of working in a job I dont like, hanging for the weekend and 6pm or whenever you finish every day to roll around, and doing that until I'm in my 60s or 70s is absolutely terrifying.

On the other side, it annoys me when everyone who is on the dole is seen as a scrounger who does nothing to contribute to society, some do, but then there's people like a mate of mine who did volunteer work on a suicide helpline and my sis who did stuff for the animal cruelty people here while she was off work for a couple of months. You can make positive contributions in other ways than just working and paying tax.

I'd happily never work a menial job again if I could afford to,I'd love to work in something creative or for myself, no idea doing what though. if you're on the dole and sit around doing nothing to improve yourself all day that's your own fault, if you have an internet connection you have a vast educational resource at your fingertips, learn a language, do an online course, there's tons of free ones on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Lidl/Aldi by any chance? I know so many people went into their mgt programmes attracted by the salary and the Audi and leave within 6 months because they can't hack it.

No mate, its a smaller retailer...I'd never do aldi or lidl, have no interest in working 60 hour weeks...I'm not money driven anymore, I've grown up a bit more in the last few years and learned that money isn't the bee all and end all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

How long have you spent unemployed OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭con___manx1

IM0 wrote: »
    learning spanish lol yeah thatll come in real handy what with spain booming an all

there are plenty of other country's in the world that speak Spanish other than Spain. it is actually the worlds second most spoken language after mandrin with english in third place.
    :D

krudler wrote: »
    I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, work is work, and the thoughts of working in a job I dont like, hanging for the weekend and 6pm or whenever you finish every day to roll around, and doing that until I'm in my 60s or 70s is absolutely terrifying.

On the other side, it annoys me when everyone who is on the dole is seen as a scrounger who does nothing to contribute to society, some do, but then there's people like a mate of mine who did volunteer work on a suicide helpline and my sis who did stuff for the animal cruelty people here while she was off work for a couple of months. You can make positive contributions in other ways than just working and paying tax.

I'd happily never work a menial job again if I could afford to,I'd love to work in something creative or for myself, no idea doing what though. if you're on the dole and sit around doing nothing to improve yourself all day that's your own fault, if you have an internet connection you have a vast educational resource at your fingertips, learn a language, do an online course, there's tons of free ones on there.

thats the thing though, you will always have to do the crap parts of the job until you get into a position to do the good parts of it. you cant just strole in the door and get the best role, unless you do your own start up like them boys down at Google.

there are plenty of other country's in the world that speak Spanish other than Spain. it is actually the worlds second most spoken language after mandrin with english in third place.
    :D

But with no valid work experience the only job the OP is likely to get in any of those countries is in a call centre type position which the OP doesn't want.

But with no valid work experience the only job the OP is likely to get in any of those countries is in a call centre type position which the OP doesn't want.

Beggars can't be choosers... If you want to work and make something out of yourself - then a job is a job.

A lot of people have misconceptions about working in a call centre.

Not every Joe Soap can work in one if you dont have the requires skills to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'd take unemployment and the dole over a sh!t job anytime.

I don't see why this attitude is any better then those at the top of Anglo etc

They took more from the system then they put in, and they did it out of greed

You take more from the system then you put in, but do it out of laziness

Both attitudes as bad as each other IMO, only on different scales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Us hard-working people on boards all day. Got to go, this data won't enter itself! :pac:

Us hard-working people on boards all day. Got to go, this data won't enter itself! :pac:

I get paid to be on Boards....my boss just doesn't know it...:D

Nemeses wrote: »
    Beggars can't be choosers... If you want to work and make something out of yourself - then a job is a job.

That would be my thoughts as well but the OP doesn't want call centre work so I'm not sure how learning Spanish is going to help him get the type of job he is looking for.

That would be my thoughts as well but the OP doesn't want call centre work so I'm not sure how learning Spanish is going to help him get the type of job he is looking for.

Will help a lot getting a call centre job though :D

What are the hours for a call centre. 8-5/9-5 Monday to Friday usually? So weekends off, home at a reasonable time every day, 40 hours a week even at min wage is double the SW and sitting on your butt with no risk of injury. Where the hell do I sign up???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What are the hours for a call centre. 8-5/9-5 Monday to Friday usually? So weekends off, home at a reasonable time every day, 40 hours a week even at min wage is double the SW and sitting on your butt with no risk of injury. Where the hell do I sign up???

If only you knew . . .

• Advertisement

Gweedling wrote: »
    If only you knew . . .

I am under no illusion the work would probably be soul destroying, but have you ever worked in a Travelodge after a rugby team stayed a weekend or worked in a hotel where you did an 18 hour long shift on New Years Eve/Morning with three separate drunk fests on, it can't be any worse than them!

I know some call centres are 24 hour like Sky.

I can Imagine the Interview

Interviewer- So James I see you worked in a call center and where after that? 3 years gap? Did you leave the previous Job

James- Ah yeah I left as I decided I didnt want to work

Interviewer-Did you upskill yourself or were you actively looking in this Time

James- Yeah after about 12 months I decided I wanted to learn Spanish from buying CD's online. I learned that In between watching Home & away and playing new video Games.I can guarantee I will be committed to this though

Interviewer- What if the job is challanging and not as you thought

James- Il quit so lad.

Interviewer-Get the funk out of my office.

You've talked about how you would love the opportunity to become a train driver or a HGV driver is someone offered it to you.

How much have you looked into what you would need to do in order to become either of these? what's the irish rail recruitment process? where can you learn to drive a HGV and pass the test, which would be a great start even you didn't have much experience?

Thanks for the reply, however Irish Rail are more nepotistic and endogenous than a certain section of Irish society over whom threads soon lead to abusive posters, invective and thread closure, if you get my drift. ;)

Thanks for the reply, however Irish Rail are more nepotistic and endogenous than a certain section of Irish society over whom threads soon lead to abusive posters, invective and thread closure, if you get my drift. ;)

Always somebodies elses fault OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You seem to be quite talented at coming up with excuses not to work, if you get my drift. ;)

I hate the 'I'm too good for that job' attitude. You don't have a job, you need a job; get off your hole and look for something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement