Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodations & Roommate needed for Hawthorn Village

Options
  • 01-07-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My son will be studying at GMIT for the 2013-2014 academic year as part of an exchange program with the Western Carolina University. He is trying to find accommodations and would like to stay at the Hawthorn Village. The web site states that they do not arrange for roommates. What is the best way to find out if anyone at Hawthorn is looking for a roommate?

Trying to figure these things out from overseas is a trial.

Thanks,

Bill McGuinness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No need to be a dick audman, this is a genuine request.

Hi Bill,
    GMIT has a facebook page and maybe if your son has an account a good idea would be to post the request on the wall. It'll just make sure as much people as possible see it.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bill are you asking about GMIT's Castlebar campus by any chance, the only Hawthorn Village i know of is in Castlebar? There is a Hawthorn Place in Galway but its not home to student accommodation. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bill McGuinness

Thanks for the feed back. Yes it is the Castlebar campus that he will be attending. He is working this summer at Boy Scout camp and has no access to computers or other technology. Otherwise he would be able to try the Facebook approach. I may try it for him. Just exploring all options.

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thanks for the feed back. Yes it is the Castlebar campus that he will be attending. He is working this summer at Boy Scout camp and has no access to computers or other technology. Otherwise he would be able to try the Facebook approach. I may try it for him. Just exploring all options.

Bill

The website also says they will match roommates as best as possible based on age,course etc so i dont think its too bad a situation as long as its the favoured accommodation.

Advertisement