Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serious Sleeping Problems

• 01-07-2013 4:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Right im 16 and for the past year ive had very bad sleeping patterns not being able to go to bed at 1am.

Over the last few days it has got even worse sitting there for hours in my bed not being able to sleep till 4/5am and not waking up till 3pm in the day and its really annoying.

I took a supplement called melatonin strips when i was with relatives as i told them i had sleepin problems.

Im a bit young but its gone too far at this stage i really need help.I took the supplement at 9pm and by 9:30 i was knocked out and felt great the next day anyone ever try it or know where to get the stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

As far as I know you can only get melatonin on prescription here in Ireland - could be wrong though, not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

As far as I know you can only get melatonin on prescription here in Ireland - could be wrong though, not sure

I see you can order 90 strips for 15 euro off ebay from american posted to ur door.I really need the stuff! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

well theres lots of it in lettuce I heard so youre half wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

1shot16 wrote: »
    I see you can order 90 strips for 15 euro off ebay from american posted to ur door.I really need the stuff! :/

also if its really interferring with life you can get sleeping pills from a GP, just to get you back into a rhythm again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

You can get this stuff in some dunnes stores. Ive got it before and it does work. I think it was 2 euro a litre.

http://www.ardrahancheese.ie/lullaby.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 KyroV7

Welcome to the summer life of most teenagers!

May I ask what time you attempt to go to sleep at every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I wouldn't be so sure about that, customs may seize them on you as they would be seen as prescription meds. There's a whole sleep forum on here and there are also a lot of herbal formulations that you can try before going straight on the sleeping tablets. Also is there something on your mind / happening in your life that may be contributing ?

KyroV7 wrote: »
    Welcome to the summer life of most teenagers!

May I ask what time you attempt to go to sleep at every night?

Around 12pm
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, customs may seize them on you as they would be seen as prescription meds. There's a whole sleep forum on here and there are also a lot of herbal formulations that you can try before going straight on the sleeping tablets. Also is there something on your mind / happening in your life that may be contributing ?

Nope lifes goin well nothin on my mind just not gettin to sleep :(

Im orderin those feckin strips 2moro!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Around 12pm

Nope lifes goin well nothin on my mind just not gettin to sleep :(

Im orderin those feckin strips 2moro!!!!

Go to your gp first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KyroV7

Around 12pm

Try setting an alarm for 10AM this morning and get up when it goes off. This should make you suitably tired by tonight and you should get to sleep quicker.

• Advertisement

Its 5am already and cant sleep wont bother now!

Now is the time to remedy it, not in a few years. By the time you're college age you'll only have a few hours of lectures a day for a few weeks in a row each time, not enough to get out of a bad sleeping pattern that you've bedded in for years.

Get black-out blinds/eye-covering mask.
    Turn all electronics off before hitting the hay.
    Set this summer aside for being tired all the time, never sleep past 9am, even if you're horrifically hungover.

Trust me, I started getting into bad habits one summer and 10 years later I'm sat here at 5.10am warning someone else what will end up happening. It's bloody miserable and at this stage a month of being constantly shattered still doesn't snap me out of it. I can travel halfway around the world and once I've had one sleep I'm still on my "usual" pattern adjusted for the local time. It feels like it shouldn't be that ingrained but at this stage it is and it's a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I'm in my late teens. I have went through an entire two years now of only getting about 3-4 hours sleep per weeknight. Even after getting up at 8am for five consecutive days each weekday I still would not get to sleep until at least 4 or 5, sometimes later. I sat every leaving cert exam on the back of 3-4 hours sleep.

I read before that problems like this were related to high intelligence. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Have you tried pulling the stomach off yourself before bed?

Have you tried pulling the stomach off yourself before bed?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

a little tug of the intestinals should suffice

OP you need to see a doctor. AH posters can't give you advice on taking medication.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement