Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s and facebook

• 01-07-2013 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hey guys.. I am a new owner of an iphone 4s and it is driving me insane....I downloaded the fb app for it and it will not update itself unless I actually use the app. when I click on the fb icon, it starts to update but takes AGES, meanwhile my battery life is running low. I used have a blackberry and had no problems with the fb app on this...id log on and stuff on it would be recent news, no wait for updates or anything. plus, the iphone wont send me fb notifications unless I actually go in and wait (for AGES) for it to do something. I ve spoken to meteor customer care twice as I was worried that living in a rural area would affect it, they ran a test and said it wouldn't. im at breaking point with it as its a costly phone and a costly bill. iphones are supposed to be amazing but I am in the dark ages...I can send and get texts and make phone calls and that's it. Plus-why bother with the apps if they kill your battery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you got 3G or E beside the meteor sign in the top left? The Facebook app is pure piss on an iPhone and has being for god knows how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭wishinonastar

hey Guil, in my house I have an E and my brother switched on 3G for me this morning. I live in a rural area and now that I am home again the e is back the 3G is gone even though I have opted to leave it on. Meteor tell me its a coverage issue but I never had problems with my blackberry and fb here. So now they tell me they're may be a fault with the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

guil wrote: »
    Have you got 3G or E beside the meteor sign in the top left? The Facebook app is pure piss on an iPhone and has being for god knows how long.
    The first Facebook app for the iPhone was good but once it was developed the development team were moved to other mobile platform development. In saying that I find the app slow at times on edge but no real issues and it may be a problem with your mobile provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

skimpydoo wrote: »
    The first Facebook app for the iPhone was good but once it was developed the development team were moved to other mobile platform development. In saying that I find the app slow at times on edge but no real issues and it may be a problem with your mobile provider.
    it was good on iOS 3.1.3 but after that went downhill rapid

Advertisement